Speculation: 2020-21 News/Rumors/Roster Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
NPC Amadio waived...let this be notice to ALL NPCS. (Carter)

A non-player character (NPC) hockey player is any player in a game which is not controlled by a himself, but skates around like a robot and can only perform rudimentary skating and hockey functions.
While they wear one of the 2 team jerseys of the 2 teams that are on the ice, it is NOT discernable which team they are actually playing for. This can largely go unnoticed, as they can blend in well
and appear to be playing for the team in which jersey they wear....but to the trained eye, they are easily detected, as an NPC.

Advanced stats typically show icetime functions of NPCs as:

1. 50% of the time, they do nothing, but skate around
2. 25% of the time, they make a rudimentary, non-impactful play, for the team in which jersey they wear
3. 25% of the time, they make a rudimentary, non-impactful play, for the OPPOSING team in which jersey they wear

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

pop the champagne bottles everyone!!

Those bastards actually did it
I know right!!!!

26c.jpg

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
remember when alot of us thought he'd be the one to anchor our 3rd line? good times.

he was one of the first young players to make the team and had speed. I remember I really noticed a spark he provided his first few games.

not longer should be playing above some of the other guys in the lineup though. I could see Wagner being next, although he does bring some grit.

Reactions: TruKingFan

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
he was one of the first young players to make the team and had speed. I remember I really noticed a spark he provided his first few games.

not longer should be playing above some of the other guys in the lineup though. I could see Wagner being next, although he does bring some grit.

Amadio just got passed in the depth chart. Too bad not so sad.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Best I can tell is that he was put on waivers today not because of a call up or someone getting healthy, but because they needed the jersey number for the new hot ones merch.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
It's a good move (obviously). Past season he showed some flashes of being more than a filler. This season he has really struggled, his confidence is probably in the gutters. Hopefully he gets assigned to Ontario, can be a veteran leader on a young team and rediscover his game there.

If not, he can ride the taxi squad into the sunset.

Reactions: funky

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Right? But I just can't bring myself to hate on the guy for his time here. I don't think he stopped trying but just couldn't cut it at the NHL level for now, that's probably pretty tough on a guy to accept.

agreed, i wanted him to do well. Lizotte really made him dispensable.

Maybe the #10 just should not be warn anymore

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I hope this means they are recalling Andersson or Turcotte. We have critical games coming up against VGK, who are hot and one of the best teams. This will really test this team.

Reactions: YP44

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
NHL power rankings: No surprises at top or bottom of The Athletic's first weekly edition

T-21. Los Angeles Kings

Record: 12-10-6, 30 points
Dom rank: 23
Sean rank: 20

Sean: It doesn’t feel like the Kings should have hit the 30-point mark, until you remember that they banked 12 in a two-week stretch last month. Things have since gone sideways. Sell sell sell.

Dom: Hard sell on the Kings and hard sell on the “Drew Doughty for Norris” talk. In both cases, people are blinded by results over process with the Kings currently sporting the league’s worst expected goals percentage (and Doughty being below average on said poor team). I’d imagine a fall back down to Earth in the second half.

It is amazing to see how much Dom Luchayzyneyahahayhhd has to go out of his way to shit on the Kings and Doughty.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad