Speculation: 2020-21 News/Rumors/Roster Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
This bodes well for the likes of Clague, Amadio, Luff and Grundstrom, as they won’t have to go through waivers or be jettisoned back and forth from Ontario to LA.

According to The Atlantic a player would have to clear waivers to be added or removed from the taxi squad so I'm not sure it changes the equation for regular NHL players like Amadio. Guys like Luff, Alt and Grosenick on the other hand...... dot dot dot

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
According to The Atlantic a player would have to clear waivers to be added or removed from the taxi squad so I'm not sure it changes the equation for regular NHL players like Amadio. Guys like Luff, Alt and Grosenick on the other hand...... dot dot dot
I understand having guys like Alt and Grosenick on the taxi squad because who cares if they play or sit in the press box but I also think it’d be a disservice to the kids who’d benefit from practicing with the team and who still have the potential to play on the NHL roster but may also need to sit a few games, Clague, Luff, Amadio, Grundstrom etc.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Does this mean the kings actually have a chance at the fourth divisional playoff spot?

top 3
vegas
colorado
st. louis

the rest in no order:
kings
anaheim
SJ
MN
AZ

Yes. But I think you could make the case for any those teams to get that spot.

ANA - A bunch of young guys (Terry, Jones & Steel) who could take steps forward, along with veterans Henrique, Silverberg & Rakell. Fowler, Lindholm & Manson on the back-end and Gibson getting the great majority of starts.
SJ - The roster isn't too old for the most part, goaltending is an obvious problem though.
MIN - Kaprizov, their back-end.
AZ - Structure, goaltending, not always pretty but they are usually in it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yes. But I think you could make the case for any those teams to get that spot.

ANA - A bunch of young guys (Terry, Jones & Steel) who could take steps forward, along with veterans Henrique, Silverberg & Rakell. Fowler, Lindholm & Manson on the back-end and Gibson getting the great majority of starts.
SJ - The roster isn't too old for the most part, goaltending is an obvious problem though.
MIN - Kaprizov, their back-end.
AZ - Structure, goaltending, not always pretty but they are usually in it.

Agreed to a degree. Games between the bottom five are gonna be uuuuugly haha. It could go in any direction.

-I think Anaheim is in the thick of things because of Gibson alone and it's not like Getzlaf is dead. I think some of the vets have some bounceback seasons, Lindholm in particular wasn't the guy we thought he would be the last year or two.
-Minnesota as well, they're always a mediocre team at worst but they scrap their way near the wild card all the time. Kaprizov is gonna be interesting and that D is always a pain in the ass. But the rest of the roster is aging like ours was and there's no real immediate solutions (although Rossi is gonna be dope!). I'm not looking forward to more LA/Minny snoozefests, these two teams bring out the worst in each other :laugh:
-SJ is in for a world of hurt. I think like everyone else with a healthy Karlsson and Burns they're at least black-hole worthy but it's gonna be hard to outscore their problems. Meier and Hertl are gonna be a handful now that they're getting their man strength but it's gonna take a lot more than a good starting 5. They're outgunned by nearly everyone else in the division at every other position. They need a solution in net. But they have some good prospects that could take a step into some holes, too.
-AZ - yeah they're always a pain in the ass but that's a rudderless ship right now. OEL is older and getting more worthless. The organizational leadership is just getting re-established after tapering down from a total shit show. I feel like this is their year to absolutely crater. Who is scoring for them? Can their goalies actually stay healthy? Are they going to trade some anyway? But of course I feel like I've said that for the last half decade :laugh:
-LA--I don't think we make it. I think we take strides and hover the spot but don't quite get in, and that's probably the best thing. But we DO answer some question marks about who is going to be here more long term and who is just a seat filler. We have that maybe more than anyone else.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Since the kings aren't a contender, it's probably best to avoid being a black hole team and simply work on evaluation and development of the younger players.

Still would be nice to make the playoffs though.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Since the kings aren't a contender, it's probably best to avoid being a black hole team and simply work on evaluation and development of the younger players.

I don't think we can help it though, our division suuuuucks

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Kings hockey is almost here, let's go Kings!

0SqqR2W.jpg

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

If a couple young guys make an actual contribution, those guys will be the cause of the Kings being a black hole team.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
There's going to be a blackhole period. If you're making progress, it's inevitable. It's what key moves you're able to make and strategic picks you have while in that position that either carry you forward or halt your progress.

Exactly. Why does it have to be either a top 5 draft pick or the 31st. I'd like to see the Kings battle for the 4th spot in the division and if they end up with 17th pick and miss the playoffs so be it.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
If I read it correctly the 7 non playoff teams only get 3 extra days of camp? With no exhibition games?

I know the Kings are not expected to play for a cup this year but it seems a little short sighted.

This all occurring around the holidays torpedoed the weeklong extended camp I'd bet, along with the severe increase in virus cases.

I doubt any of the 7 non-playoff teams veterans would agree to anything that started around Christmas, and I am guessing a good amount will be leaving their families at their homes rather than their LA "homes."

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Token

May 15, 2019
40 players in camp.
36 skaters
4 goalies
23 forwards
13 defensemen

Switch Durzi to wing and you got two full teams to play some hockey.

Just sayin’

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Not having Dallas in the division helps a lot. So top 4 teams in each division make the playoffs and figure St. Louis, Vegas and Colorado are locks with the 4th spot up for grabs. Still don't think we make the playoffs, but we should be aiming to be contending for that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad