Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Those players didn’t put in the effort on that play the way the team did for 60+ minutes. That’s how you lose a game 7. The Leafs played smart, desperate hockey and then that play with Marner, Nylander and Rielly not doing what was needed to win says it all about this core group. They fell asleep on a set play by the Bruins who at the end of the day wanted it more.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
At least we have the GM that saw Tanev as the better option when they were both UFA's working for us instead of Dubas...He was willing to risk signing Tanev with his injury history over Brodie...that says a lot.
Brodie has been terrible this year, but he was great for us the first 3 seasons of his deal. Sad how it ends here for him.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The damage Kyle Dubas did to this team may not be able to be fixed while Willy and Auston are still in their prime. It was complete gross negligence.

I always felt sorry for the guy who took over from Kyle. He'd have an unbelievable job on his hands.

Yup!

But there is hope as far as I am concerned. Treliving didn't throw away 1st rounder this year "answers will have to come from the locker room" was his talking point and rightly so.

Just one more year until both tavares and marner are off the cap. Just gotta be tactical on how we approach next year. Cannot be stupid. Gotta be patient IMO

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
On that last play just show the habits of the guys.
MM should have the habit of bumping guys entering the zone or at least in their way a little bit.
Reilly just had no clue.
Willie, it looks bad but if he chase down Pastra, and the puck somehow end up on Zacha stick(think he was trailing), it is all Willie fault for not covering Zacha.
It does but in OT in game 7 you’d hope the necessary effort would be there. Can’t win with a bunch of soft, skilled floaters who don’t want to win badly enough to go all out.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Just trade all the prospects for picks and everyone will stop complaining that we don't have assets...

People think because we have as many picks that we don't have assets.

This is essentially the opposite of what Lou left, he left picks but no prospects, and I'd much rather have cheap prospects.

How many 1sts/2nds/3rds are we getting for Cowan, Minten, Grebyonkin, and Niemela? Probably refill our entire cupboard of picks.
When I say assets I’m including the NHL roster, AHL roster, juniors, picks, etc.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I realized after watching the last 3 games of tight defensive play why this team doesn't play that way most of the time in the playoffs. It's hard...way harder than doing flyby's and dipsy doodles. They don't like to work too hard and this was the first time in 9yrs that we saw them put together more than 1 or 2 good defensive games in a row. The hard work part is what they are allergic to and there is no way they could do that to make the finals.

Why work hard when you don't have to and still get overpaid?

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
His wife ain't going to Utah. Some place warm, or maybe NYC.
If Mitch wants a low-pressure area with maximum take-home pay NY is the wrong place. NY eats the weak and taxes everyone else to death.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Or Samsonov could have done the same. Woll legit took a tripping penalty last game using his stick to prevent someone going through the crease.

Samsonov stayed in his net and let Pastrnak grab the puck (who Samsonov was closer to), then he didn’t bother using his stick, and then he let Pastrnak beat him to the post. We might as well not have a goalie in net if he’s not going to bother trying to make a save.

Every chance we had on Swayman he used his stick.
He wasn’t perfect but only allowing one goal through 60 minutes should be enough to win a hockey game. Not sure how a team can win a series scoring on average 1.7 goals a game and going 1 for 21 on the PP but go ahead and blame everything on Samsanov not the Leafs lack of scoring.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Nah, I'd love to have him play against the Leafs as a potential future playoff opponent in division

Until he starts putting up a ton of points and people whine that we should have never moved him, just like Hyman.

• Haha
Reactions: JKG33

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I hope the next coach stops playing D like Edmonton and Matthews starts scoring a ton, we win a round against a terrible team, then lose against the first team that plays structured hockey, at least this way some people will be happy with the scoring.
I want the scoring and the wins

Reactions: PromisedLand

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
You are also describing the Knights as well... what is your point exactly?

I am discussing hiring Hunter vs Dubas, would be very curious to hear why you are vouching for Hunter unless you just inserted yourself in this convo for no reason.

If you'd like to discuss the merits of why Hunter would have been a better hire at the time, I'd love to hear it.

I am assuming you have a lot of interesting points on the matter.
If I thought there was one iota of a chance that I could change you mind I’d entertain the idea, but I would only be wasting my time and we both know that……..

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
It's funny but I have witnessed the exact same scenario at my workplace. A new VP joined the org with little experience in the industry. One of his reports convinced him there was a "new and better way" to execute a job function that had used a certified industry standard approach for years.

The VP bought the BS and promoted him to oversee the department and implement his new strategy. Long story short, it failed.
Bullshit will get you to the top, but it won’t keep you there……..

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
His wife ain't going to Utah. Some place warm, or maybe NYC.

Whatever man...... only 1 more year then he and his wife can do whatever the F they want as long as its not the LEAFS

On the side note:
How many wives are pissed right now that their husbands are in a shitty mood and probably raging how their weekend is ruined. Can't let so many wives be angry for just "one wife"

;)

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
McDavid is great in the playoffs, he also gets scored on a lot.

Drai and he were 1 and 2 for 5v5 goals against over the last 3 playoffs, and they had almost half the amount of games played as some players.

They cheat on offense, their system is not heavy on D.

A lot of their production is on the PP, which we lack and is a huge reason why I think our stars stats drop, I bet the even-strength numbers are not that much worse than their regular season stats (maybe they are)

Matthews/Marner/Nylander all had the same amount of even strength points as Drai and McDavid, all these players had 3, and the PP is where Edmonton shines.
Agree with all of that but why is so much emphasis put just on 5 on 5 and it seems like PP points are somehow less worthy. Our high dollar stars were awful on the PP and they are now golfing. Yes Edmonton shines on the PP and they are moving on. Even with a mediocre PP we are probably moving on

Reactions: fahad203

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad