2020-21 New Goalie Equipment/Mask Sightings (No political discussion)

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Is it only the one guy Dave that does all the masks?
If so, why? If I was a goalie and everyone used Dave, I'd find someone else lol
There are a few that don’t. Off the top of my head Vasilevskiy does not and I believe Miller is still with Ray Bishop.

Reactions: Metroid

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
There are a few that don’t. Off the top of my head Vasilevskiy does not and I believe Miller is still with Ray Bishop.

Without looking it up....(okay maybe I did)

Tuukka Rask, Marc-Andre Fleury, Craig Anderson, Connor Hellebuyck, Carter Hart, Corey Crawford, Martin Jones, Mike Smith, Matt Murray, Pavel Francouz, Triatan Jarry, Carter Hutton, Anthon Khudobin and Thomas Greiss are the only NHL goalies that don't currently use or havne't in the past used DaveArt.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Without looking it up....(okay maybe I did)

Tuukka Rask, Marc-Andre Fleury, Craig Anderson, Connor Hellebuyck, Carter Hart, Corey Crawford, Martin Jones, Mike Smith, Matt Murray, Pavel Francouz, Triatan Jarry, Carter Hutton, Anthon Khudobin and Thomas Greiss are the only NHL goalies that don't currently use or havne't in the past used DaveArt.
The real ones right there mate.

Reactions: Beville

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
And Dave is way more successful then all of those "artists" combined, so it's painfully clear what the actual customer wants, and that's what DaveArt provides.

Pretending he's isn't an artist, because he makes masks to order with the elements his customers wants is a bizarre stance.

I'd be careful to measure an artist by "success", especially given the subjectivity of art (Read up on "Fettecke" by Joseph Beuys, here's a link for your convenience: Fettecke - Wikipedia).

I have yet to see someone who denies the Dave is someone who knows how to draw/airbrush.

The problem most of those in this thread have with his work is his horrible sense of composition.
It's been said ad absurdum that Dave appears to not know when to stop and almost throughout the bench his most liked works are the ones where he keeps it simple. That's all, and that's why his work is generally disliked by hockey fans.

But since hockey fans don't pay his bills it doesn't really matter to him... so we are stuck complaining about his terrible masks and he is stuck making horrible masks while cashing in... win-win.

Reactions: AzHawk

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I'd be careful to measure an artist by "success", especially given the subjectivity of art (Read up on "Fettecke" by Joseph Beuys, here's a link for your convenience: Fettecke - Wikipedia).

I have yet to see someone who denies the Dave is someone who knows how to draw/airbrush.

The problem most of those in this thread have with his work is his horrible sense of composition.
It's been said ad absurdum that Dave appears to not know when to stop and almost throughout the bench his most liked works are the ones where he keeps it simple. That's all, and that's why his work is generally disliked by hockey fans.

But since hockey fans don't pay his bills it doesn't really matter to him... so we are stuck complaining about his terrible masks and he is stuck making horrible masks while cashing in... win-win.

There's a world of difference between disliking his compositions and the idiotic claims that he is not an artist.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I can get down with this one.

Although, you can always count on Dave's description of "when you get closer"...... He wants you to examine the artwork up close.

3098c5aa90f3425cf696b722de86e4d1.gif

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
This thread and the other locked one proved you cannot discuss Holtby's mask without breaking rules. If you want to have a discussion about culture appropriation, white privilege and stuff, take it to Twitter.

Reactions: bleedblue94

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
There's a world of difference between disliking his compositions and the idiotic claims that he is not an artist.

Since art is extremely subjective both can be considered right though depending on who espouses the opinion. To many he's an artist, to others he's a "paint by numbers" sort of guys. I wouldn't get too caught up on labeling Dave one way or another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad