2020-21 New Goalie Equipment/Mask Sightings (No political discussion)

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
This is the difference between a "made to order illustrator" and an actual "artist" though. When you commission a work from a real Artist, it's because you trust their ability to interpret a concept and make something that goes beyond simply illustrating a few things you like from a basically checkbox menu of items like you're ordering takeout to wear on your head. There are plenty of other tremendous artists out there producing fantastic masks, who "paint what the customer wants", but in a more interpretive conceptual way. Rather than just splashing all the elements together in a generic formula...they use artistic interpretation to create something truly unique.

And Dave is way more successful then all of those "artists" combined, so it's painfully clear what the actual customer wants, and that's what DaveArt provides.

Pretending he's isn't an artist, because he makes masks to order with the elements his customers wants is a bizarre stance.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
And Dave is way more successful then all of those "artists" combined, so it's painfully clear what the actual customer wants, and that's what DaveArt provides.

Pretending he's isn't an artist, because he makes masks to order with the elements his customers wants is a bizarre stance.

I mean, it's like being an "artist", in the same sense that the person making your lunch at Subway is a "sandwich artist". :dunno:

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Thatcher Demko:

130187720_5019010324783746_6721603931985263913_n.png

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
All the elements are there to get you excited, you know it has crazy potential, but there's no way the final product isn't a massive disappointment.

It's like the ultimate Star Wars hommage.
That moron DaveArt is talented, but he's also got this weird hard on for lens flares and just going way over board with his designs, I have stated this in the past, he's a legend for making masks, it's like a rite of passage for goaltenders to get at least a mask by him, but mate....at what cost? It's painful to the eyes to see what could have been a fantastic mask, destroyed by his overzealous nature to add ALL OF THE f***ING LENS FLARES IMAGINABLE.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Also, for other the gear nerds, True acquired Lefevre a couple months ago so you're gonna see some more guys wearing True gloves/blockers/pads this season.

True owns the majority of the goalie skate market now, think close to 70% use Custom true skates.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009

I know the Fleur de Lys is a symbol of the province of Quebec, but man it just looks weird seeing it on a Habs mask.

Possibly because there were like 8 of them on every single jersey, it'll always be associated with the Nords for me.

Reactions: leer2006

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad