Salary Cap: 2020-21 Lightning Roster Discussion | Part 2

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
For fantasy purposes, what will the top power play look like with Kuch out?

Hedman
Point
Stamkos
Killorn

Will the fifth be Cirelli or Palat?

Also will the top line be Palat - Point - Stamkos?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

Hedman
Point
Stamkos
Killorn

Palat, Killorn, or Johnson. Depends who is still around. Off chance it just ends up being Maroon.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016

Hedman
Point
Stamkos
Killorn

Need to clear 3MM to field a full roster. I wonder if KILLER is the cost

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
So Tampa places Kucherov, Nilsson, Gaborik on LTIR; opening day they'll want to be as close to the salary cap ceiling as possible to set them up with the most salary cap space for the year? I remember that's what the Leafs did last season. In that case they do this and then just move guys from NHL, taxi squad, AHL the day after... Tampa opening day LTIR cap space - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps they can literally get to within 1$ :laugh:

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
So Tampa places Kucherov, Nilsson, Gaborik on LTIR; opening day they'll want to be as close to the salary cap ceiling as possible to set them up with the most salary cap space for the year? I remember that's what the Leafs did last season. In that case they do this and then just move guys from NHL, taxi squad, AHL the day after... Tampa opening day LTIR cap space - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps they can literally get to within 1$ :laugh:

Ha, nice. Wouldn't be surprised to see something just like that. Then once the season started we'd send two cheap guys down to the taxi squad and call up TJ, but a roster like that buys us max cap space during the year.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I know it's a next year problem but man were gonna be screwed again with not much cap and possibly down to like 8 or 9 forwards

We do need to hope Seattle takes Johnson, they probably take one of our bigger contracts (unless they take Foote). I'd say McD but I feel like we still need him for another 2 or 3 years

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
I know it's a next year problem but man were gonna be screwed again with not much cap and possibly down to like 8 or 9 forwards

We do need to hope Seattle takes Johnson, they probably take one of our bigger contracts (unless they take Foote). I'd say McD but I feel like we still need him for another 2 or 3 years

What do you mean "down to like 8 or 9 forwards"?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
What do you mean "down to like 8 or 9 forwards"?
Stamkos, Kuch, Point, Cirelli, Palat, Gourde, Maroon, Stephens

Coleman and Goodrow are UFA's, one of Johnson or Killorn is hopefully taken by Seattle, I think Volkov and Joesph are RFA's again. And we'll be just as tight to the cap next off season as well. There would definitely be more wholes to fill

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax

Think it would take a lot for Seattle to take Johnson considering who might be available to them, maybe if Johnson has a good year his stock goes from negative to positive value... Unless Johnson bounces back I'm guessing it'll be either: (A) McDonagh, (B) Foote + Johnson, or (C) Cernak + Johnson.

Too bad Foote wasn't born a couple weeks later, he'd be exempt like liljegren.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
We have no idea what strategy Seattle will roll with, but I'm pretty confident Johnson will be movable next year. He will have burned one year of his contract and adding a 32nd team creates $82M in cap space around the league.

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

Coleman and Goodrow are UFA's, one of Johnson or Killorn is hopefully taken by Seattle, I think Volkov and Joesph are RFA's again. And we'll be just as tight to the cap next off season as well. There would definitely be more wholes to fill

Joesph signed a 2 year deal

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side

We've got 11 roster and 5 non-roster forwards currently signed through next year.

The money will be there if we move Killorn and McDonagh, or to a lesser extent Killorn and Johnson.

There will be a few moves we're not thrilled by (e.g. losing McDonagh, losing at least one of Coleman/Goodrow, or similar) that will be necessary to get under the cap, but we'll still have a very good team unless there's something unexpected like Kuch being gone for good.

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Hi everyone. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the plans for game attendance / tickets etc.? I know this stuff is all very fluid but the season is starting so soon - thank you for any help.

Reactions: Peacefool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad