Injury Report: 2020-21 Injuries & Covid Thread (Silfverberg out for the season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
In fairness to bob the comment he made was that he was upset that some players wouldn't play through bumps and bruises. Big difference between hurting and being injured. I think that was in juxtaposition to guys like perry and kesler who decided to warrior through legitimate injuries because they wanted to be on the ice that badly.

This and players seem to rest while hurting. That's a completely different story here. Bob, like no GM has the power to force players to play. He does not have the one ring.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Yeah, I think Bob’s comments were more along these lines than saying he wanted guys to play through major injury. The comparison of hurting vs. being injured definitely rings a bell. I think he also said that he got pissed when the player said “if it was the playoffs, I’d play.” Pretty sure he was referring to Ritchie, and I could see why that would be upsetting. Usually it’s the coaching staff and management deciding to hold a guy back if it’s not the playoffs, not the player himself.

No it wasn't, he emphasized a few times when you're hurt, you are hurt and don't play.

You guys want to point everything to Bobs failure.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
No it wasn't, he emphasized a few times when you're hurt, you are hurt and don't play.

You guys want to point everything to Bobs failure.
Either you didn't understand what I said, or didn't read it in context. I was not critical of Bob in any way. I was saying that he never was adamant that guys play through a serious injury.

Reactions: AngelDuck

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Anyone know why manson didn't play yesterday and if it's just yesterday or a longer injury?

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I didn't watch the game, but I suspect its due to his getting clocked in a fight earlier in the week.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Oh no. Hope it isn't a concussion.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is. His eyes were glazed over and he mistakenly went after the official (thinking he was Lemieux). Des jumped in to pull Manson off the official and Lemieux was signaling for help immediately after he connected. It was pretty brutal.

Manson needs to hang them up for this season. Been a rough couple years for the guy. It's tough not to feel for him.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Henrique on the COVID-19 Protocol

I hope he doesn't have it. What a time to get it when he's had his first shot and we are so close to the light at the end of tunnel with the infection rate in California at the lowest since the start of the pandemicl

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
What also infuriates me about Silfverberg's injury is that he could have gotten it fixed last offseason when it was clear that Anaheim was out of any play-in -games and the start for 2020-2021 season was in the far distant. Even if he goes to the surgery in June, he likely would have made the season opener.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
What also infuriates me about Silfverberg's injury is that he could have gotten it fixed last offseason when it was clear that Anaheim was out of any play-in -games and the start for 2020-2021 season was in the far distant. Even if he goes to the surgery in June, he likely would have made the season opener.

I initially had this line of thinking, but then remembered how doctors would go the path of a less invasive approach, which surgery is. Due to COVID shutting the game down and long term uncertainty, the doctors thought Silf could heal with enough time off along with other remedies besides surgery. Unfortunately, it was re-injured to the point it now needs surgery. It does seem weird to say he's played on it for two seasons, but it also seems wrong.

Yet, I recalled when I dislocated my elbow snowboarding, the doc recommended not having surgery. I've got 100% medical range of motion (ROM) after my recovery, but my arms don't match up in length. Apparently, I had over 100% medical ROM. I brought this idea up earlier in this thread, iirc. Sometimes, luck doesn't go your way in case of Silf. It does feel like adding salt to injury as a Ducks fan.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
This is something I forgot about. When everything got shut down, elective, non life saving surgeries got canceled as well. That's something I didn't even think about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad