2020-21 Expected Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Nylander was fine this year. Things to build on going forward for him.
The simpler he keeps it the better he'll continue to be. I thought there were times he was thinking to much with the puck which happens with young players. He's not afraid to get in the corners, obviously won't always be pretty and needs to get stronger which he will do. Backchecking he gives good effort which is more then some of the established hawks forwards give.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
So if Eichel were to become available (with his recent comments) would you make a play for him?

We have the package but I wouldn't move Dach for sure.

Debrincat, Boqvist + picks and other prospects? Is that even enough?

I don't know. Eichel is such an elite player, but it would gut our team.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
So if Eichel were to become available (with his recent comments) would you make a play for him?

The fact it'd gut our team is why you don't trade for him.

Unless Chia happens to become the GM of Buffalo, it'd cost too much to acquire him. Be one thing if we had cap space (we don't) or if we didn't have a potential 1C for the future (we do). It simply doesn't make sense for us.

Reactions: Giovi

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

We have Dach. We have Toews. We have Strome. I don't think we need to go after a franchise center. Would Eichel be better than all those guys individually right now? Probably, but at the end of the day center just isn't a need for us.

I'd be more willing to gut the team for a big time wing player.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
We have Dach. We have Toews. We have Strome. I don't think we need to go after a franchise center. Would Eichel be better than all those guys individually right now? Probably, but at the end of the day center just isn't a need for us.

I'd trade Strome and DeBrincat.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I’d be more inclined to give up a haul for someone like Werenski if he became available. Eichel is obviously elite, but we don’t need a C. That, coupled with the fact that we don’t have the cap space, makes going for Eichel a no from me unless we can get a Kessel type deal where we steal the player AND they retain salary. I think that’s gonna be the way to win in the current NHL. Trading for star players and having the other team retain salary to make them more of a bargain.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I’d be more inclined to give up a haul for someone like Werenski if he became available. Eichel is obviously elite, but we don’t need a C. That, coupled with the fact that we don’t have the cap space, makes going for Eichel a no from me unless we can get a Kessel type deal where we steal the player AND they retain salary. I think that’s gonna be the way to win in the current NHL. Trading for star players and having the other team retain salary to make them more of a bargain.
Cat+Strome=Eichel.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Yeah I tend to agree with that. Eichel isn't the best fit for those reasons, but players of his caliber don't become available often.

I was a proponent of adding more quality depth over another star salary when the Panarin talk was going on, but Ive come around completely. Game changers over multiple really good players is the way to go I think now. Get your core as good as possible and then fill out.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
I meant dollar wise, not straight up.
I was thinking Cat+Strome+a D not named Boqvist/Mitchell (Beaudin/Regula/Carlsson) and either Kurashev or Entwistle.

I don’t think Buffalo does that either. Especially with the down years of both DeBrincat and Strome.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
The way I see his value, you’re likely giving up DeBrincat, Strome, Boqvist, and maybe a 1st. That’s an easy no from me.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

I don’t think they would even entertain a package of lesser players for their elite level player. Dach has to be in the deal to get them interested IMO. He still has a lot of potential right now, maybe enough to be a centerpiece in a blockbuster deal. If Dach plus Strome and some picks could get it done, I’d do it. I don’t think the Hawks have near enough quality talent in the system to build a Cup contender anytime soon. They are kind of directionless right now. Adding an elite young player like that makes the direction clear, win now.

I’m not even a big fan of Eichel, but he’s one of the few elite players around, no question they should pull the trigger if given the chance.

Last edited:

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
I don’t think they would even entertain a package of lesser players for their elite level player. Dach has to be in the deal to get them interested IMO. He still has a lot of potential right now, maybe enough to be a centerpiece in a blockbuster deal. If Dach plus Strome and some picks could get it done, I’d do it. I don’t think the Hawks have near enough quality talent in the system to build a Cup contender anytime soon. They are kind of directionless right now. Adding an elite young player like that makes the direction clear, win now.

I’m not even a big fan of Eichel, but he’s one of the few elite players around, no question they should pull the trigger if given the chance.

Not a fan of giving up both of our young Cs and picks for Eichel unless Buffalo is retaining or taking on some salary. I think Dach can be a 70+ point C with an elite defensive game. Strome has 60+ point potential. Not to mention both will cost a considerable amount less than Eichel for the next couple years. I love Eichel and he’s no doubt an elite player, but not a fan of that without some serious modifications.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
We're just not in a position where we need Eichel. If we were the Mustard Cats, I'd go all in.

But we have Toews, Strome, Dach in addition to depth players like Barratt and Kurashev. Center is a position of strength. We're not hurting there.

What we need is a big tough 1st line winger like Tkachuk or Meier.

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
Players like Eichel barely become available, everyone would be on the table for me, Kane for Eichel would make me think hard but I’d give up anyone else without hesitation

Reactions: Pertti

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
If they took on some salary or retained on Eichel, I’d probably do Dach, Strome, and our 1st (if it’s not top-3) for Eichel. Having said that, I doubt they’d do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad