2020-21 Expected Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Again
Teravainen at age 21: 35 pts in 78 games=0.44 pts/game getting at worst 3rd line minutes.
Nylander at age 21: 26 pts in 65 games=0.40 pts/game on a much worse team, getting 4th line minutes for half of those.
Not that far off.
Not that its worth much and it could be a recency bias but I dont recall Tivo makin too many explosive/highlight reel goals/plays while here. Definitely can think of a good handful from Nylander though.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Nylander had a good season.

He just needed some time to adjust to being in a good organization. Must have been a huge culture shock.

Reactions: JLarucci23

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Again
Teravainen at age 21: 35 pts in 78 games=0.44 pts/game getting at worst 3rd line minutes.
Nylander at age 21: 26 pts in 65 games=0.40 pts/game on a much worse team, getting 4th line minutes for half of those.
Not that far off.
I hope he becomes realy good. I want some Nylander vs Nylander battles.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Again
Not that far off.

Didn't some people go over this with you before?

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Can you explain what was so off about that? Personally I wouldn’t classify his season as good but it wasn’t a ridiculous statement as he had plenty of good games. I’d say his season was expectedly up and down. Needs to find more consistency in his game shift in and out. Still >100 NHL games under his belt so he’s still got time to figure that out.

.5ppg while spending alot of time playing with guys who don’t score much in the bottom 6 isnt a bad start for a rookie

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Yeah, people have gone over this before but I stand by my claim. How much of TT looking as good as he did had to do with the team he was on rather than his own performance? Also, Nylander had more "wow" moments this year than TT ever did.
Nylanders style would be more flashy in some ways.

There was plenty wow smart defensively or plays it was so clear Teuvo had a read on the play before the puck came to him. I definitely wouldn't say the team around him made it look so because I recall moments of wow when he was with Steeger or other bottom 6 players and made quick decision passes they didnt expect because he saw a great opportunity arising.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019

He did have a good season and showed improvement in his first full NHL season. He is 7th among forwards in points and 7th on the team in goals. That says he's at least a middle six forward and may be a top 6 forward. We need young scoring forwards and if he can continue to improve, I think we will be happy with him. I know people didn't like the Joki trade, but let it go. Nylander is on the team and he doesn't deserve to be torched for a GM's decision. Also it doesn't help that the TV commentators tear into him disproportionately.

He has raw skill and I think a lot of his struggles are correctable with experience which will help him make better decisions. I don't see a player who is lazy or disengaged or uncoachable, but rather one who lacks confidence and sometimes struggles between what his instincts are telling him to do and what he thinks he should do based on coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->