2020-21 Expected Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
So if Eichel were to become available (with his recent comments) would you make a play for him?

We have the package but I wouldn't move Dach for sure.

Debrincat, Boqvist + picks and other prospects? Is that even enough?

I don't know. Eichel is such an elite player, but it would gut our team.
If Eichel was on trade block.If i were Stan Bowman .Try to make up for the Panarin deal .Offer deal to Buffalo like.
2020 first round pick
2021 first round pick
2023 first round pick
Dylan Strome
Brandon Saad
I know blackhawks fans will rip me for trading first round picks but you are getting a first round talent that is developed already that can be in line up without the wait.Instant contribution to the team and gives you better chance to win now.Buffalo is smaller market and would be enticed to take cost controlled prospects to rebuild.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
If Eichel was on trade block.If i were Stan Bowman .Try to make up for the Panarin deal .Offer deal to Buffalo like.
2020 first round pick
2021 first round pick
2023 first round pick
Dylan Strome
Brandon Saad
I know blackhawks fans will rip me for trading first round picks but you are getting a first round talent that is developed already that can be in line up without the wait.Instant contribution to the team and gives you better chance to win now.Buffalo is smaller market and would be enticed to take cost controlled prospects to rebuild.

Buffalo wouldn't make that trade.

Reactions: d rake

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
He did have a good season and showed improvement in his first full NHL season. He is 7th among forwards in points and 7th on the team in goals. That says he's at least a middle six forward and may be a top 6 forward. We need young scoring forwards and if he can continue to improve, I think we will be happy with him. I know people didn't like the Joki trade, but let it go. Nylander is on the team and he doesn't deserve to be torched for a GM's decision. Also it doesn't help that the TV commentators tear into him disproportionately.

He has raw skill and I think a lot of his struggles are correctable with experience which will help him make better decisions. I don't see a player who is lazy or disengaged or uncoachable, but rather one who lacks confidence and sometimes struggles between what his instincts are telling him to do and what he thinks he should do based on coaching.
i dont think he had a good season. i think he was less then what people thought he would be after preseason/first 9 games and was just another guy out there. he was scoring in the range of drake caggiula who i like. im not saying he cant be better in the future.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It’d probably be Dach + 2 1sts + one of Saad/Strome/DBC

I’d do that in a heartbeat. Eichel is the best player now and will finish his career better than anyone in the deal.

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
2020 first round pick
2021 first round pick
2023 first round pick
Dylan Strome
Brandon Saad
Sometimes teams are forced to trade disgruntled players for their actions or attitude and sometimes the team trades this player to rid of the bad blood in dressing room and will try and get back best package available and sometimes get back some value but less than anticipated....ie...Antonio Brown ...Different sport but the player had bad blood with organization

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It’d probably be Dach + 2 1sts + one of Saad/Strome/DBC

I’d do that in a heartbeat. Eichel is the best player now and will finish his career better than anyone in the deal.

And then have 31M in cap space used towards 3 players?

No thanks. That’s almost 40% of your entire cap space on 3 players when you dress 20 nightly.

Reactions: Giovi

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
And then have 31M in cap space used towards 3 players?

No thanks. That’s almost 40% of your entire cap space on 3 players when you dress 20 nightly.

We’d have $31m tied up in 2 franchise 1C’s and a franchise winger. Eichel is one of the better centers in the league and he wants to win. He seems like a guy that would tear it up in the playoffs too.

Reactions: Muffinalt

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
We’d have $31m tied up in 2 franchise 1C’s and a franchise winger. Eichel is one of the better centers in the league and he wants to win. He seems like a guy that would tear it up in the playoffs too.

Depth wins Cups. How is this strategy working out for Toronto? It’s arguable that Taveras/Matthews/Marner is as good or a better trio than Kane/Toews/Eichel given Kane and Toews are in their 30s now.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
IMO, you just can't have that much cap space allocated to 3 players and still build a team deep enough to win it all.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
IMO, you just can't have that much cap space allocated to 3 players and still build a team deep enough to win it all.
I agree. This ain't the NBA. You need to fill 12 forward spots, 6 defense, and 2 goalies. (plus usually a 13th forward and 7th d).

Superstars help, but they can't win by themselves. You need solid depth throughout the lineup.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
While I agree, we have to remember that 19/88 are getting older, and the time to win cups will be once their deals are up and they're back on reduced prices. Do you think they can get it done without including Dach or Boqvist?
Strome
DeBrincat
Beaudin
2020 1st

I'd do that. They're getting a 55-65 pt center, a winger that has averaged 30 goals and 60 points per 82 games, even with one down year, a good D prospect in Beaudin and the Hawks 2020 1st.

Strome after the trade last year was on a 75 pt pace, and this year while battling injuries, was on a 55 pt pace. The truth is probably in the middle. Same with DeBrincat's 40 goal 76 pt season last year, and 45 pts in 70 games this year. The truth is that ADB is probably a 35 goal, 65 pt winger.

Again, I'd want Eichel to add to the Hawks young core of Dach/Boqvist/Mitchell

Last edited:

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
We’re giving up waaaaaaay too many assets to acquire one player in a lot of these proposals. Yes it’s true that’s how much it would take, I get it. But it’s simply not worth it when you’re giving up that many pieces. I’d rather keep the depth, and we already have a superstar/franchise player.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
What do you guys think about a Strome for Bertuzzi swap if Detroit wins the lottery? Detroit could use a young 2C. Bertuzzi could be a Saad replacement albeit not as good defensively but he does bring some toughness which we lack. Maybe then we could trade Saad for assets at the draft but idk if teams will be weary about trading for players with one year left on their contract due to everything that is going on.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
What do you guys think about a Strome for Bertuzzi swap if Detroit wins the lottery? Detroit could use a young 2C. Bertuzzi could be a Saad replacement albeit not as good defensively but he does bring some toughness which we lack. Maybe then we could trade Saad for assets at the draft but idk if teams will be weary about trading for players with one year left on their contract due to everything that is going on.

Id rather have the depth at the C position

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
While I agree, we have to remember that 19/88 are getting older, and the time to win cups will be once their deals are up and they're back on reduced prices. Do you think they can get it done without including Dach or Boqvist?
Strome
DeBrincat
Beaudin
2020 1st

I'd do that. They're getting a 55-65 pt center, a winger that has averaged 30 goals and 60 points per 82 games, even with one down year, a good D prospect in Beaudin and the Hawks 2020 1st.

Strome after the trade last year was on a 75 pt pace, and this year while battling injuries, was on a 55 pt pace. The truth is probably in the middle. Same with DeBrincat's 40 goal 76 pt season last year, and 45 pts in 70 games this year. The truth is that ADB is probably a 35 goal, 65 pt winger.

Again, I'd want Eichel to add to the Hawks young core of Dach/Boqvist/Mitchell

You’d likely need to add our 1st next year too for Buffalo to even consider that. I could see it taking something like an offer I saw on CF which was Dach, Saad, Strome, 2020 1st, and 2021 1st. That’s a lot but Eichel is a pretty amazing player. I don’t know if I’d do that without Buffalo either adding something, taking on a cap dump, or retaining salary. If you could dump Seabs’ contract on them or they retained $2-2.5 million, I’d do that. Eichel at $7.5 is an absolute bargain and you could win with him, Toews, and Kane taking up $28.5-29 million of the cap instead of $31. That $2-2.5 million is another role player.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You’d likely need to add our 1st next year too for Buffalo to even consider that. I could see it taking something like an offer I saw on CF which was Dach, Saad, Strome, 2020 1st, and 2021 1st. That’s a lot but Eichel is a pretty amazing player. I don’t know if I’d do that without Buffalo either adding something, taking on a cap dump, or retaining salary. If you could dump Seabs’ contract on them or they retained $2-2.5 million, I’d do that. Eichel at $7.5 is an absolute bargain and you could win with him, Toews, and Kane taking up $28.5-29 million of the cap instead of $31. That $2-2.5 million is another role player.
I'd add Saad in about 10 seconds if they got that done. I'm not crazy about adding the 2021 1st without them taking Seabs in the deal, because at that point it's just too much. Take out Dach, add DeBrincat and Seabrook and that's about where I'm at. I'd give up the 2021 #1, as painful as it is, to dump Seabrook.

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I'd add Saad in about 10 seconds if they got that done. I'm not crazy about adding the 2021 1st without them
taking Seabs in the deal, because at that point it's just too much. Take out Dach, add DeBrincat and Seabrook and that's about where I'm at. I'd give up the 2021 #1, as painful as it is, to dump Seabrook.

Seabrook No trade clause. And buffalo would never take him on.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
DeBrincat-Toews-Saad
Kubalik-Strome-Kane
Nylander-Dach-Kurashev
Highmore-Carpenter-Quenneville (4th line could be much different depending on Shaw health/money for Caggiula extension/Kampf’s role)

Keith-Murphy
de Haan-Boqvist
Koekkoek/Carlsson-Seabrook/Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad