2020-21 Expected Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I'd add Saad in about 10 seconds if they got that done. I'm not crazy about adding the 2021 1st without them taking Seabs in the deal, because at that point it's just too much. Take out Dach, add DeBrincat and Seabrook and that's about where I'm at. I'd give up the 2021 #1, as painful as it is, to dump Seabrook.

I just don’t see it getting done without adding Dach. Maybe you could get away with adding Beaudin instead of the 2021 1st, but Dach has to be a part of that deal. Strome and DeBrincat just don’t have the trade value to get that done. I think Buffalo would add if the deal I saw on CF with the 2021 1st in there were to happen. Would love it if we could do something like Dach, Saad, Strome, Beaudin, Smith and the 2020 1st (if it’s not top-3) for Eichel and Mattias Samuelsson. We could take some filler for contract slot purposes but I like Samuelsson and think Beaudin carries more value. Samuelsson is another defensive minded D but he’s got a bit of untapped potential offensively as well. I’d also be ok with Mittelstadt as a buy low in the deal instead of Samuelsson.

I’d also be perfectly happy keeping all those players and only trading Strome if we could get a young stud LHD for him like Hanifin.

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I just don’t see it getting done without adding Dach. Maybe you could get away with adding Beaudin instead of the 2021 1st, but Dach has to be a part of that deal. Strome and DeBrincat just don’t have the trade value to get that done. I think Buffalo would add if the deal I saw on CF with the 2021 1st in there were to happen. Would love it if we could do something like Dach, Saad, Strome, Beaudin, Smith and the 2020 1st (if it’s not top-3) for Eichel and Mattias Samuelsson. We could take some filler for contract slot purposes but I like Samuelsson and think Beaudin carries more value. Samuelsson is another defensive minded D but he’s got a bit of untapped potential offensively as well. I’d also be ok with Mittelstadt as a buy low in the deal instead of Samuelsson.

I’d also be perfectly happy keeping all those players and only trading Strome if we could get a young stud LHD for him like Hanifin.
I don't want to trade Dach and all of that for Eichel. I'd do it if it was Dach+Strome+2020 1st and that's all it took, but any more pieces than that and no way.

Looking at this, it's why stars are basically untradeable unless they only have a year to UFA.

The ask is way too damn high, as by acquiring Eichel we turn ourselves into Buffalo bad.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Eichel said something to the extent that he’s fed up with losing and tired of the way things are going.

I still don't think he gets moved. If Eichel wasn't in the McDavid draft he would have been an easy 1OA. Just can't see the Sabres moving him.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I still don't think he gets moved. If Eichel wasn't in the McDavid draft he would have been an easy 1OA. Just can't see the Sabres moving him.
if there was a whole league wide redraft id bet eichel would be top 5-10 right now. Mcdavid Draisaitl Mackinon Matthews Eichel Makar Dahlin Barkov Pasta Marner any order??? Maybe im not using the older players correctly. Sid Malkin Ovy Kane Hedman

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Eichel already killed 2 Coaches and 2 GMs. Giving up a full Top6 Line + Futures + prospects while having Toews/Kane contracts does not seem like a smart idea. Let someone else overpay and build the next core with your drafted prospects that can learn from some of the best Hawks all-time.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I don't want to trade Dach and all of that for Eichel. I'd do it if it was Dach+Strome+2020 1st and that's all it took, but any more pieces than that and no way.

Looking at this, it's why stars are basically untradeable unless they only have a year to UFA.

The ask is way too damn high, as by acquiring Eichel we turn ourselves into Buffalo bad.

We’d still have Kane, Toews, Keith, Kubalik, DeBrincat, Boqvist, Murphy, etc in addition to Eichel. That’s light years better than Buffalo. I’m perfectly ok with staying the course and letting our young guys grow. I love Dach so it wouldn’t be easy for me to trade him. I’m just saying that’s what it would cost for a player like Eichel.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Again...why are we giving up half our roster for one player? We already have a superstar franchise caliber player. We already have a 1C. And a 2C. And a 3C.

depth >>>> individual talent

Plz stop with these ridiculous Eichel proposals and let’s talk about something important, such as which is the better cereal: Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Lucky Charms?

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Again...why are we giving up half our roster for one player? We already have a superstar franchise caliber player. We already have a 1C. And a 2C. And a 3C.

depth >>>> individual talent

Plz stop with these ridiculous Eichel proposals and let’s talk about something important, such as which is the better cereal: Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Lucky Charms?
Gotta go with the Toast.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Eichel already killed 2 Coaches and 2 GMs. Giving up a full Top6 Line + Futures + prospects while having Toews/Kane contracts does not seem like a smart idea. Let someone else overpay and build the next core with your drafted prospects that can learn from some of the best Hawks all-time.
I'm here.
If, and it's a huge if, they can acquire Eichel without giving up Dach, Boqvist, Toews or Kane I'd do it.

Actually, when these guys get traded it's a more underwhelming package than most think.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm here.
If, and it's a huge if, they can acquire Eichel without giving up Dach, Boqvist, Toews or Kane I'd do it.

Actually, when these guys get traded it's a more underwhelming package than most think.

The cap hit would f*** the Hawks rebuild. I'm a hard no on Eichel, especially at the loss of some of the players discussed in this thread. Some awful proposals in this...

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I'm here.

Depth >>>> Individual talent

Why would ANY professional sports franchise that already has multiple superstars/future HOFers trade 1/4 of their roster for another superstar???

That’s awful roster management

There’s zero need for Eichel. We just drafted Dach ffs.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I’d trade for Eichel in a heartbeat if I thought we could win the cup within 3 years. That’s not the case with us. It’s better to keep building with what we have.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Trading a 32 year old Patrick Kane for a 23 year old Jack Eichel is just good roster management. Don't tell me you wouldn't trade Kane and Strome for Eichel. The NTC is an issue there.

Kane ain’t slowing down anytime soon incase you haven’t noticed. We need his veteran presence and leadership to compliment our youth during the upcoming window to win. Eichel hasn’t proven a damn thing in the post season. We just drafted a 19 year old stud 1C in the making with the 3rd overall pick. And we still have Toews. Again...it’s a dumb move. Adding more pieces along with Kane to further weaken our depth makes it even more nonsensical.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I’d trade for Eichel in a heartbeat if I thought we could win the cup within 3 years. That’s not the case with us. It’s better to keep building with what we have.

I think we CAN win a Cup in the next 3 years...which is exactly why I don’t want to gut the roster or trade the face of the franchise to acquire Jack Eichel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad