2020-21 Expected Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Tampa isn’t letting Sergechev go on an offer sheet unless it’s ridiculous. They match that and move other peices imo. Or if they can’t come to an agreement before the RFA signing period ends, his RFA assets can be traded for better value than that.
I don’t think it’ll be that simple, very few teams can take on the players Tampa needs to move this year. And why would Jersey or LA want them? They aren’t going anywhere for awhile.

In regards to Roar, I don’t care about Strome but Kubalik needs to stay. We’ve been lacking a winger for Toews since Hossa left and he fills it nicely.

And does anyone remember what the Sharks did to us in 2010? OS Hammer and then when that was matched OS Niemi. If I’m a team like Jersey, I’m doing that right way. 6.3 million for Sergachev, and when that’s matched, 6.3 for Cirelli. Force Tampa to make moves they don’t want to make.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I don’t think it’ll be that simple, very few teams can take on the players Tampa needs to move this year. And why would Jersey or LA want them? They aren’t going anywhere for awhile.

In regards to Roar, I don’t care about Strome but Kubalik needs to stay. We’ve been lacking a winger for Toews since Hossa left and he fills it nicely.

And does anyone remember what the Sharks did to us in 2010? OS Hammer and then when that was matched OS Niemi. If I’m a team like Jersey, I’m doing that right way. 6.3 million for Sergachev, and when that’s matched, 6.3 for Cirelli. Force Tampa to make moves they don’t want to make.

Love Kubalik too, but Sergachev would be that complete #1 defenseman for this team. If not right away, very very soon. You can argue that’s more valuable than a winger (unless we’re talking an Ovechkin or Kane type of wing)

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Love Kubalik too, but Sergachev would be that complete #1 defenseman for this team. If not right away, very very soon. You can argue that’s more valuable than a winger (unless we’re talking an Ovechkin or Kane type of wing)

Isnt Sergachev an offensive defenseman? Not sure how complete his overall game is, or if I’d call him a legit #1D. Though u did say not right away. So I guess wait and see, maybe he develops the rest of his game.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Isnt Sergachev an offensive defenseman? Not sure how complete his overall game is, or if I’d call him a legit #1D. Though u did say not right away. So I guess wait and see, maybe he develops the rest of his game.

Hmm, maybe I’m off on what I think he is. Is that right, he’s another offensive/one-way defenseman?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Hmm, maybe I’m off on what I think he is. Is that right, he’s another offensive/one-way defenseman?
He may have that potential, but he’s definitely leading more towards the offensive. The thing is, we finally have good young defensive prospects, let’s let them grow into their own and we’ll be set for the future.

What the Hawks need are wingers who’ll play a complete game and work their asses off. Idk if there’s a player like that we can draft at 9. But that Strome, Kane, Nylander line is laughably bad.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
He may have that potential, but he’s definitely leading more towards the offensive. The thing is, we finally have good young defensive prospects, let’s let them grow into their own and we’ll be set for the future.

What the Hawks need are wingers who’ll play a complete game and work their asses off. Idk if there’s a player like that we can draft at 9. But that Strome, Kane, Nylander line is laughably bad.

I’m not really a fan either. Championship Kane lines had Bickell or Versteeg, both those guys worked harder than Nylander and Strome combined

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Gonna be crazy when Strome gets an 8x8 extension after torching the playoffs and winning the Conn Smythe...

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Cirelli's teammates jokingly call him Selke because of his defensive play. You cannot replace that with Strome. You need a defensive centre if you are letting him go. And I suspect Tampa is not going tonlet him go.

That’s a great point. If we were to trade for Cirelli, perhaps another trade with Strome to another team for a young, top-4 LHD could be worked out. I agree that they likely won’t let him go, but I also don’t think they can keep all 3 of him, Sergachev, and Cernak. One of them likely gets traded IMO. If it’s Sergachev, I’d give up some good pieces to get him.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Saw someone on capfriendly post a Strome and Maatta to Winnipeg for Vesalainen, Lowry, and their 1st. Their pick is currently 12th. I’d take that if the pick was that high. I love Strome but that’s a legit wing prospect in Vesalainen, a shutdown 3C we’ve lacked for a while, and a high 1st. We could end up with something like Jack Quinn and Dylan Holloway with our 2 picks. Would love that and I’m as big of a Dylan Strome fan as anyone not named @Kevin Musto.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Saw someone on capfriendly post a Strome and Maatta to Winnipeg for Vesalainen, Lowry, and their 1st. Their pick is currently 12th. I’d take that if the pick was that high. I love Strome but that’s a legit wing prospect in Vesalainen, a shutdown 3C we’ve lacked for a while, and a high 1st. We could end up with something like Jack Quinn and Dylan Holloway with our 2 picks. Would love that and I’m as big of a Dylan Strome fan as anyone not named @Kevin Musto.
Winnipeg gets the best player in the trade.

Only way I could stomach it is if the 12th overall pick was used on Marat Khusnutdinov.

Otherwise this is awful.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Winnipeg gets the best player in the trade.

Only way I could stomach it is if the 12th overall pick was used on Marat Khusnutdinov.

Otherwise this is awful.
Sorry but your bias is showing. We’d be robbing Winnipeg blind in that trade. No way they’d go for it, and I don’t think they have the cap for it regardless.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Sorry but your bias is showing. We’d be robbing Winnipeg blind in that trade. No way they’d go for it, and I don’t think they have the cap for it regardless.

I love Dylan Strome, but this is correct. It’s basically Vesalainen, Lowry, and Holloway (or whatever prospect you like at 12) for Strome. Imagine if we then packaged 9 and 12 to move into the top-6. 9 and 12 to Anaheim for 5 and Boston’s 1st. We get Rossi at 5 and then get Khusnutdinov with the Boston 1st (if he’s there).

migi

Feb 25, 2015

We take that and run.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Y'all are crazy. Actually take a second to dissect that trade.

Is Lowry better than Strome? No.

Has Kristian Vesalainen proven anything? No.

Is there anyone at 12th overall better than Strome? Probably not. Y'all suggesting Holloway? He can't produce like Strome.

The team who gets the best player, wins the trade. Strome is the best player. That's not even bias.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Y'all are crazy. Actually take a second to dissect that trade.

Is Lowry better than Strome? No.

Has Kristian Vesalainen proven anything? No.

Is there anyone at 12th overall better than Strome? Probably not. Y'all suggesting Holloway? He can't produce like Strome.

The team who gets the best player, wins the trade. Strome is the best player. That's not even bias.
Only if you ignore the concept of cap and you know, success that happens.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Only if you ignore the concept of cap and you know, success that happens.
Lowry who has never cracked 30, Vesalainen who has no value, and some imaginary pick are your idea of success?

You realize Lowry has a 3M cap hit right?

Strome is a 60 point center and probably wont sign for anything over 5M.

Wow what a cap saving...

Reactions: x Tame Impala

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Lowry who has never cracked 30, Vesalainen who has no value, and some imaginary pick are your idea of success?

Wow what a cap saving...
What happened to the 8mil deal?

And I'm merely just pointing out the principle, best player equal trade winning is entirely foolish. Thats the kinda view of people believing the hawks Nick Leddy trade was a lost trade. You know who cares about winning a cup by eliminating cap when you could be a marginally better but major successless team for a few years after.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014

Wow what a cap saving...

Lowry is a legit shutdown 3C, Vesalainen is 20 and scored at a 0.5 ppg pace in the AHL, and #12 overall will get us a good prospect, especially if we did the trade up I suggested. Suggesting Vesalainen has no value is foolish when he’s only 20 and has the tools to be a legit top-6 w in the NHL.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Tough call on that trade

Very close, could go either way. Usually that means it’s a good trade for both teams but idk if I’d make it.

One factor I haven’t seen brought up yet is that we might regret moving Maatta IF de Haan continues his injury woes. What if Strome blossoms(Legit top 6 talent), Lowry remains Lowry(3rd line talent), and we are in need of a vet/extra depth on the blue line? Then that trade might end up being very dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad