RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
is this actually jc's twitter

upload_2020-5-12_19-30-37.gif

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I’d love to see us take advantage of Tampa being cap boned. Try to steal Sergachev or Cirelli.
Every team is going to try to do that but the hawks aren’t going to have the cap space to attempt anything real.

I figure the Devils have the best shot and they’ll offer Sergachev a 6.3 million dollar deal which would only cost a first and a third.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I’d love to see us take advantage of Tampa being cap boned. Try to steal Sergachev or Cirelli.

Cirelli is getting a ton of buzz. If Tampa can't hang on to him, he's going to fetch a premium. Any contender would want him.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Not as bad. I think we could make moves to fit a Cirelli or a Sergachev plus whatever contract we’d have to take much easier than Tampa could. Especially if we get a CBO.
We need to re-sign Strome + Kubalik while having to deal with Cat's extension kicking in.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
We need to re-sign Strome + Kubalik while having to deal with Cat's extension kicking in.

We have almost $9 million in projected cap space and could create more by buying out Maatta and/or Smith. That’s also not figuring in potential retirements for Shaw and Seabrook (not saying it’s gonna happen but keep seeing chatter from fans on Shaw) and a potential CBO. Maybe it would take a bit to happen but I’d certainly kick the tires on taking a contract to acquire one of Cirelli/Sergachev. Maatta could also be an intriguing trade candidate for them as he has a cheap buyout. Perhaps we even retain a bit to make the buyout cheaper for them.

Also, I think Strome and Kubalik get bridge deals. I don’t see them costing a ton. Strome, in particular, I could see taking around $3ish million on a 1 or 2-year deal. I could even see Strome being part of a trade for Sergachev as he likely costs a bit less than Sergachev. Probably a long shot for getting one of Cirelli/Sergachev, but if you can make it happen, you have to seriously consider it.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
We have almost $9 million in projected cap space and could create more by buying out Maatta and/or Smith. That’s also not figuring in potential retirements for Shaw and Seabrook (not saying it’s gonna happen but keep seeing chatter from fans on Shaw) and a potential CBO. Maybe it would take a bit to happen but I’d certainly kick the tires on taking a contract to acquire one of Cirelli/Sergachev. Maatta could also be an intriguing trade candidate for them as he has a cheap buyout. Perhaps we even retain a bit to make the buyout cheaper for them.

Also, I think Strome and Kubalik get bridge deals. I don’t see them costing a ton. Strome, in particular, I could see taking around $3ish million on a 1 or 2-year deal. I could even see Strome being part of a trade for Sergachev as he likely costs a bit less than Sergachev. Probably a long shot for getting one of Cirelli/Sergachev, but if you can make it happen, you have to seriously consider it.
I wouldn't offer sheet Cirelli because then we'd have Toews-Dach-Strome-Cirelli down the middle...doesn't make sense to me.

Sergachev of course would be very intriguing. You get him and Maatta gets bought out immediately.

Keith-Boqvist
Sergachev-Murphy
DeHaan-Mitchell

Hell yeah that's a D corps right there.

Problem is Tampa can clear about 6.5M off the books (without trades). In addition to their current cap space, they'd have like 7.5M. They can get Sergachev and Cirelli re-signed with that. So you'd have to really high ball Sergachev. You'd have to give Sergachev like Provorov money. That I don't think we can afford.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
I wouldn't offer sheet Cirelli because then we'd have Toews-Dach-Strome-Cirelli down the middle...doesn't make sense to me.

Sergachev of course would be very intriguing. You get him and Maatta gets bought out immediately.

Keith-Boqvist
Sergachev-Murphy
DeHaan-Mitchell

Problem is Tampa can clear about 6.5M off the books (without trades). In addition to their current cap space, they'd have like 7.5M. They can get Sergachev and Cirelli re-signed with that. So you'd have to really high ball Sergachev. You'd have to give Sergachev like Provorov money. That I don't think we can afford.

I’m not talking about OSing them. I’m talking about trading for one of them. Also, I think Cirelli is the type of player you go for even though our C depth would be crazy. Solid two-way game and looks like a top-6 for years to come. Also good on faceoffs. You get Cirelli and then you look to move Strome for a young top-4 LHD.

As for Sergachev, you throw Strome into the trade proposal if he’s willing to sign for cheaper. Or possibly even Beaudin as he’s a cheap ELC defender that is pretty much NHL-ready. That could definitely be intriguing to Tampa Bay.

Probably a long shot for us to get either, but both would help out the team a lot IMO. Just spitballing as this lack of hockey is driving me crazy lol

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I’m not talking about OSing them. I’m talking about trading for one of them. Also, I think Cirelli is the type of player you go for even though our C depth would be crazy. Solid two-way game and looks like a top-6 for years to come. Also good on faceoffs. You get Cirelli and then you look to move Strome for a young top-4 LHD.

As for Sergachev, you throw Strome into the trade proposal if he’s willing to sign for cheaper. Or possibly even Beaudin as he’s a cheap ELC defender that is pretty much NHL-ready. That could definitely be intriguing to Tampa Bay.

Probably a long shot for us to get either, but both would help out the team a lot IMO. Just spitballing as this lack of hockey is driving me crazy lol
Oh my bad, you were talking about Tampa's cap situation and I immediately assumed you meant offer sheeting.

With Stamkos, Point, and Cirelli, I'm not sure they'd have much interest in Strome.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Oh my bad, you were talking about Tampa's cap situation and I immediately assumed you meant offer sheeting.

With Stamkos, Point, and Cirelli, I'm not sure they'd have much interest in Strome.

They could very well lose Cirelli. Probably lose Tyler Johnson too, who’s another C. I don’t think they lose both Cirelli and Sergachev though so that’s a fair point. Beaudin would likely be of interest to them. I don’t necessarily want to trade him but if we’re talking Sergachev, I’d give him up to make that happen.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
They could very well lose Cirelli. Probably lose Tyler Johnson too, who’s another C. I don’t think they lose both Cirelli and Sergachev though so that’s a fair point. Beaudin would likely be of interest to them. I don’t necessarily want to trade him but if we’re talking Sergachev, I’d give him up to make that happen.
Even then you've got Strome stuck behind Stamkos and Point so I dunno

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Even then you've got Strome stuck behind Stamkos and Point so I dunno

Either could shift to wing to form dynamic scoring lines. Maybe Stamkos or Point takes the faceoffs on a line with Strome who then switches to C while one of those two switches to wing after the faceoff. That’s pretty much what Philly did with Giroux when they had him play wing if I remember correctly.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Either could shift to wing to form dynamic scoring lines. Maybe Stamkos or Point takes the faceoffs on a line with Strome who then switches to C while one of those two switches to wing after the faceoff. That’s pretty much what Philly did with Giroux when they had him play wing if I remember correctly.

Cirelli's teammates jokingly call him Selke because of his defensive play. You cannot replace that with Strome. You need a defensive centre if you are letting him go. And I suspect Tampa is not going tonlet him go.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
maybe this is why mcdonough was fired...could've been a business disagreement...seems like a shit move from hawks but maybe an indicator they do not expect fans next year or substantially less revenue

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Every team is going to try to do that but the hawks aren’t going to have the cap space to attempt anything real.

I figure the Devils have the best shot and they’ll offer Sergachev a 6.3 million dollar deal which would only cost a first and a third.

I’d absolutely give up a first and third for Sergachev.

Would you pass on re-signing Strome and/or Kubalik in order to have the cap space to offer sheet Sergachev?

That’s a guy who instantly steps in ready to have Keith pass him the torch as the new #1 D.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Keith-Boqvist
Sergachev-Murphy
DeHaan-Mitchell

I think Sergachev would be #1 on my offseason wish list. If there’s even a chance for the Hawks to get him, I hope a run is made.

Sergachev as your two-way #1 of the future allows the rest of your young guys to slot down, and like you said, gives you a hell of a defense.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Tampa isn’t letting Sergechev go on an offer sheet unless it’s ridiculous. They match that and move other peices imo. Or if they can’t come to an agreement before the RFA signing period ends, his RFA assets can be traded for better value than that.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Tampa isn’t letting Sergechev go on an offer sheet unless it’s ridiculous. They match that and move other peices imo. Or if they can’t come to an agreement before the RFA signing period ends, his RFA assets can be traded for better value than that.

I agree, Tampa would be dumb to let him go for just a first and third

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad