2020-21 Expected Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Trading Saad would be senseless if the hawks want to compete with Toews and Kane with the rest of the core remaining from stanley cup teams .I would let Crawford walk .This years draft i would draft Askarov if hawks pick north of 8th pick in the first round .Trade Strome if possible .I would rather keep Saad .He does more up and down line up .Sign Kubalik with the money saved on Crawford's contract .Lehkonen and Askarov will be goalies.

Lehkonen???

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
The more I think about the roster, the more I am warming myself up to the idea of the following:

body-Toews-Kane
Saad-Dach-Kubalik
DeBrincat-Strome-body
Carpenter-Kampf-body

Being able to push what was a high scoring second line down to a third line/bumslaying role could be brutal on opponents’ matchups.

Basically you have the lineup from last year, and you’ve sandwiched a big-bodied/aggressive/two-way second line between the first and old second line.

This lineup should give DeBrincat-Strome some butter-soft matchups. If this is the role you want them to play, Strome must be signed under his market value.

Depending on the guys who fill the “body” slots, that looks like a contending forward group to me.
Like the lines

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Ya, and depending on who the Hawks draft, they could end up with a golden opportunity to play next to Toews and Kane or DeBrincat-Strome (if they make the nhl this next year)
2020 drafted players would not be eligible for this playoff tournament.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
The more I think about the roster, the more I am warming myself up to the idea of the following:

body-Toews-Kane
Saad-Dach-Kubalik
DeBrincat-Strome-body
Carpenter-Kampf-body

Being able to push what was a high scoring second line down to a third line/bumslaying role could be brutal on opponents’ matchups.

Basically you have the lineup from last year, and you’ve sandwiched a big-bodied/aggressive/two-way second line between the first and old second line.

This lineup should give DeBrincat-Strome some butter-soft matchups. If this is the role you want them to play, Strome must be signed under his market value.

Depending on the guys who fill the “body” slots, that looks like a contending forward group to me.

don't mind it but I am pretty sure that you are going to see Kubalik and Toews together when we got Kubalik in the LA deal I did lots of research on him and it seems he likes playing on the Left Side and has done so for most of his career, that duo was dynamite as such I think you will see this:

Kubalik-Toews-?????
?????-Dach-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-????
????-kampf-Carpenter

so you have Saad who unless traded would slot on the of one of those three top lines, then Nylander who will take one of the the other spots on the top 3 lines most likely and then 2 roster spots left for the likes of Kurashev, Cagguila, Shaw (if he plays again), Barratt, Alty, Queenville, Wedin, Entwhistle.....etc

I would not be suprised to see any of saad, Strome or Kampf be dealt.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
don't mind it but I am pretty sure that you are going to see Kubalik and Toews together when we got Kubalik in the LA deal I did lots of research on him and it seems he likes playing on the Left Side and has done so for most of his career, that duo was dynamite as such I think you will see this:

Kubalik-Toews-?????
?????-Dach-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-????
????-kampf-Carpenter

so you have Saad who unless traded would slot on the of one of those three lines, then Nylander who will take one of the the other spots on the top 3 lines most likely and then 2 roster spots left for the likes of Kurashev, Cagguila, Shaw (if he plays again), Barratt, Alty, Queenville, Wedin, Entwhistle.....etc

I would not be suprised to see any of saad, Strome or Kampf be dealt.

I wouldn’t say that Kubalik-Toews were dynamite together to the point where I’d prefer him over Kane.

I’ll start this by saying I love the way Kubalik plays and want him here, but his numbers this year were aided by an unsustainably high shooting percentage. If he shoots the same number of shots but his percentage falls to what Toews’ is this year (pretty average) that’s 16 goals, not 30.

Also, advanced stats wise, Kubalik-Toews was about as good as this year’s version of Toews-Kane (which many here weren’t satisfied with).

GF% almost dead even
3 points Corsi Advantage for Kub-Toews

You look back at the Toews-Kane from last year, and that line was significantly better than Kubalik-Toews from this year.

I’m willing to bet toews-kane going forward will be closer to last year than the limited time we saw them this year.

If left side vs. right side is the issue with Kubalik, swap he and Saad. Saad can play on the right.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Do not want Dach-Kane

love the

Saad-Dach-Kub line

this way Dach runs his own line. I do not want him deferring to Kane. SDK will be a nightmare defensively.

ya, Dach-Kane was absolutely brutal statistically. I wouldn’t say that’s necessarily Dach’s fault either, Kane is incredibly tough to play with and Toews has shown he can do it at a high level for more than a decade.

Toews is Kane’s Pippen (been obsessed with Last Dance)

Also, that Kubalik-Dach-Saad line would be hell after you already burned your first shutdown unit on Toews-Kane.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
ya, Dach-Kane was absolutely brutal statistically. I wouldn’t say that’s necessarily Dach’s fault either, Kane is incredibly tough to play with and Toews has shown he can do it at a high level for more than a decade.

Also, that Kubalik-Dach-Saad line would be hell after you already burned your first shutdown unit on Toews-Kane.

I do like a Kubalik-dach-saad line

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City

That line would dominate possession. I would definitely love to see them out there together.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
That line would dominate possession. I would definitely love to see them out there together.

They’d be hell to deal with. Size, speed, aggressiveness. Then you’d have teams burning out their top two shutdown units on that and the Toews-Kane lines, leaves butter soft matchups for DeBrincat-Strome

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
I
I’ll start this by saying I love the way Kubalik plays and want him here, but his numbers this year were aided by an unsustainably high shooting percentage. If he shoots the same number of shots but his percentage falls to what Toews’ is this year (pretty average) that’s 16 goals, not 30.

While this is true about his shot%, Kubalik only played 13 min per game the first half of the season, with 3rd line teammates, and was not featured on the top PP. If you balance out a lower shot% but with a full season or prime usage, it should not surprise if Kubalik pots around 30 goals again next season.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
While this is true about his shot%, Kubalik only played 13 min per game the first half of the season, with 3rd line teammates, and was not featured on the top PP. If you balance out a lower shot% but with a full season or prime usage, it should not surprise if Kubalik pots around 30 goals again next season.

Sure, usage increase should offset the inevitable drop in shooting percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad