2020-21 ECHL Season Thread

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
If I have to rank the teams at the moment in terms of performance, here's where they sit:

1. Allen
2. Florida
3. Indy
4. Wichita
5. Utah
6. South Carolina
7. Greenville
8. Orlando
9. Tulsa
10. Kansas City
11. Rapid City
12. Jacksonville
13. Wheeling

Indy leads the East, but Florida has managed a higher scoring output, so I gave them the edge, though the Everblades also lead the league in penalties.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
If I have to rank the teams at the moment in terms of performance, here's where they sit:

1. Allen
2. Florida
3. Indy
4. Wichita
5. Utah
6. South Carolina
7. Greenville
8. Orlando
9. Tulsa
10. Kansas City
11. Rapid City
12. Jacksonville
13. Wheeling ...
Wheeling is still in this League? :amazed: I thought they were run outta town years ago by a well-organized group of passionate & intelligent hockey board members. :popcorn:

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Wheeling is still in this League? :amazed: I thought they were run outta town years ago by a well-organized group of passionate & intelligent hockey board members. :popcorn:

Just cause I rant about the Whale in the NWHL doesn't mean they're going bye-bye. Every fan has irrational quirks about what teams shouldn't exist.

Wheeling is going to stay as long as the city wants them to.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
The mob hasn't been very successful at any level of the game. The Coyotes are still in Arizona, the pesky wolves are still trying to win Calder Cups in Rosemont and the Wheeling Nailers are still at large.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The mob hasn't been very successful at any level of the game. The Coyotes are still in Arizona, the pesky wolves are still trying to win Calder Cups in Rosemont and the Wheeling Nailers are still at large.
And lest we forget, the FHL/FPHL might be on the verge of an 11th straight season. I used to be part of that particular mob, but I decided that a decade of hockey survival - in just about any form - was worth a pause for some polite applause. :clap:

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
And not to be overshadowed ... we herald today's arrival of "Mini Season C"! :pickle: :popcorn:
ECHL Today - Feb. 12

Florida Everblades (14-5-1) at South Carolina Stingrays (9-5-4) 7:05 p.m. ET

• Alex Kile leads Florida against the Stingrays with three goals.
  • South Carolina’s Dylan Steman is fourth with a 27.8 percent shooting percentage (5-for-18).
  • Everblades have scored first in 16 of their 20 games (13-3-0).
  • Stingrays are 7-2-2 when outshooting their opponent.
Fort Wayne Komets (0-0-0) at Wheeling Nailers (3-8-4) 7:10 p.m. ET
  • Fort Wayne’s Shawn Szydlowski led the league with 29 power-play points (9g-20a) in 2019-20.
  • Wheeling’s Lawton Courtnall leads the league with three shorthanded goals.
  • Komets led the league on the power play last season at 25.4 percent (64-for-252).
  • Nailers lead the league with 28.93 shots-against per game.
Tulsa Oilers (9-10-3) at Rapid City Rush (8-14-0) 7:05 p.m. MT
  • Tulsa’s Charlie Sampair has four goals in his last four games.
  • Rapid City’s Peter Quenneville is fourth with 66 shots on goal.
  • Oilers lead the league with 34.68 shots per game.
  • Rush are league’s second-least penalized team with 11.14 penalty minutes per game.
Wichita Thunder (11-4-1) at Utah Grizzlies (9-4-6) 7:10 p.m. MT
  • Wichita’s Evan Weninger is fourth with 252 saves.
  • Utah’s Pat Cannone is tied for second with eight power-play points (3g-5a).
  • Thunder are second with 2.38 goals-against per game.
  • Grizzlies are tied for second with four shorthanded goals.

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
With love from the League website ... :heart:

ECHL Western Conference Standings (14 Feb 2021).JPG

ECHL Eastern Conference Standings (14 Feb 2021).JPG

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Updates from Midseason Meeting of ECHL Board of Governors

The Board of Governors, in conjunction with the Professional Hockey Players’ Association, approved changes to the Player Reserve System for Inactive Member Teams for the 2021-22 Season.
Any Player who had originally signed with one of the 12 Teams not participating in the 2020-21 Season, and went on to sign with one of the 2020-21 Active Teams, shall have his Player Rights revert back to the original Member Team’s Protected List. Any Player who was issued a Qualifying Offer by a Member that elected Pandemic Voluntary Suspension, but never signed the Qualifying Offer, shall be declared a Free Agent for the 2021-22 Season.

Huh...

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
couple of suspension updates (outside of the Brampton withdrawal)

Atwal (FLA) suspended 3 games; has served 1;

Register (on recall) suspended 1

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Players who signed a contract for 20-21 with a team who didn't play, and then signed with someone else, will have their rights returned to the original team after this season. (normally their rights would stay with the team they finished the season with)
Players who were given a qualifying offer, but never signed a contract this season, will be free agents after this season.
(normally the team would hold their rights for another year)

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Players who signed a contract for 20-21 with a team who didn't play, and then signed with someone else, will have their rights returned to the original team after this season. (normally their rights would stay with the team they finished the season with)
Players who were given a qualifying offer, but never signed a contract this season, will be free agents after this season.
(normally the team would hold their rights for another year)

Nope, they'd lose the player. Teams only control the rights to unsigned qualified players for one season. After that season passes the player is an ECHL unrestricted free agent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad