2020-21 ECHL Season Thread

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
League & team news, game reports, transactions, everything that ain't posted in the Season Plans thread.

First up ...
ECHL SEASON OPENS ON FRIDAY

07 Dec 2020

The 33rd season of the ECHL begins with Opening Weekend presented by GEICO on Friday with five games and continues with five additional games on Saturday.

Friday’s opening night comes nine months to the day of the final games of the 2019-20 Season, which ended prematurely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. ...

The five games set for Friday night include a pair of intrastate battles with South Carolina hosting Greenville and Jacksonville visiting Florida. Other matchups are Kansas City traveling to Indy, Tulsa entertaining Wichita and Utah visiting Rapid City.

Opening Weekend presented by GEICO continues with three teams hosting home openers on Saturday. Jacksonville welcomes Greenville, Wheeling hosts Indy and Tulsa takes on Allen. ...

Read more at: ECHL season opens on Friday

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
As a reminder to some & late-comer news to others who want to follow ECHL action this very odd season ...

FLOSPORTS TO HOST ECHL.TV BEGINNING WITH 2020-21 SEASON

30 Sep 2020

The ECHL announced on Wednesday that FloSports has been named the new provider for ECHL.TV beginning with the 2020-21 Season.
Every ECHL regular-season game, as well as the annual ECHL All-Star Classic and the Kelly Cup Playoffs, will stream exclusively through FloHockey, along with original content, interviews and analysis produced by FloSports. ...

Read more at: FloSports to host ECHL.TV beginning with 2020-21 Season

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Not sure how many of these links will work this season, but for those of us too cheap to watch ECHL.TV ...
ECHL RADIO BROADCASTS
Catch the audio broadcasts of ECHL games from the comfort of your own computer. The following links will take you to the audio broadcasts of each team's games ... ECHL Radio Broadcasts

Reactions: Roadhog

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Four of Friday's five ECHL games have posted their attendance... JAX at FLA - 3,430 (out of reported sellout attendance of 7,186); GVL at SC - 2,700 (7,250); KC at INDY - 2,011 (6,145) and WIC at TUL - 2,672 (17,096)... Utah at Rapid City should be posted soon.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Four of Friday's five ECHL games have posted their attendance... JAX at FLA - 3,430 (out of reported sellout attendance of 7,186); GVL at SC - 2,700 (7,250); KC at INDY - 2,011 (6,145) and WIC at TUL - 2,672 (17,096)... Utah at Rapid City should be posted soon.
Gamesheet reports 3570 @ RPCC for opening night, vs. 5119 capacity per your number in the other thread. Must've been some dead batteries in the rapid temperature screening lines at the door. :huh:

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
league news but not league news:

in case it hasn't been mentioned Worcester released team broadcaster Eric Lindquist from his committments due to Hiatus/COVID protocols.

via Bill Ballou at the Telegram.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
league news but not league news:

in case it hasn't been mentioned Worcester released team broadcaster Eric Lindquist from his committments due to Hiatus/COVID protocols.

via Bill Ballou at the Telegram.
Eric Lindquist is ready to move on from Worcester Railers after COVID-19 downsizing

There is much more going on with Eric's departure than simple downsizing due to COVID. If he wanted to be employed by the Railers, he still would be.

“I never liked the offseason,” Lindquist said, “and I just had nine months, and now we’re looking at another nine months, and I couldn’t see myself doing that, in the office 9 to 5. I need to be busy.”

I've known Eric for a very long time, and that's a solid self-assessment. He really does need to be busy.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Wichita has added Toronto as a secondary assignment affiliate until the return of Newfoundland to active status, their primary affiliation is Edmonton.

hurricanesfan123

May 1, 2019
North America
looked over the echl critical dates and didn't see any mention of the board of governors meeting which is usually held in late December wonder if it is postponed or canceled

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
looked over the echl critical dates and didn't see any mention of the board of governors meeting which is usually held in late December wonder if it is postponed or canceled

That list has never shown meetings like that...

EDIT: I take that back...the 2015-16 list did mention a February BOG Meeting, in conjunction with "Hockey Heritage Weekend". But that's the only time that I can see.

Reactions: hurricanesfan123

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... EDIT: I take that back...the 2015-16 list did mention a February BOG Meeting, in conjunction with "Hockey Heritage Weekend". But that's the only time that I can see.
That exceptional listing was simply a way for the BoG to justify their write-offs for a weekend junket to the Winter Wonderland of Kalamazoo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->