Pre-Game Talk: 2020-21 Colorado Avalanche Preseason Thread

Which new bloke are you most looking forward to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Yeah, it's probably not covid related since Landeskog was with Bura and Mikko just the other day....

But that in and of itself is probably even more concerning if you ask me. Are you telling me we're not even two days into training camp, and our starting goalie, two Top 6 forwards, and one Top 4 Dman are dealing with some sort of injury already?

Because if that's the case, we might as well start looking ahead at the 2021 draft and that 1st overall pick already :laugh:
We’d honestly still make the playoffs without all 6 of them lol

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

So our second line, starting goalie and defenseman...

Johnson is done at hockey. He's held together by old yarn and duct tape at this point. Grubauer's groin is probably ruined. Timmins, Byram and Francouz can replace 'em. Wondering what's wrong with Landy and Saad.

Reactions: scottykarate

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
It's definitely not covid related then but I don't think it's an injury thing either. Not sure what to think.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Johnson is done at hockey. He's held together by old yarn and duct tape at this point. Grubauer's groin is probably ruined. Timmins, Byram and Francouz can replace 'em. Wondering what's wrong with Landy and Saad.
Wasnt Saad just involved in media stuff yesterday? So he's most likely not covid related either.

Unless there was some crazy specific contact tracing with an employee that only interacted yesterday with 5 players which seems far fetched that it would be so contained.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I doubt they will ever be fully healthy, its the Avalanche way. Might wanna start looking into getting more durable players.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I doubt they will ever be fully healthy, its the Avalanche way. Might wanna start looking into getting more durable players.

I think part of it is the constant skating needed to play Bednar's system. These guys need to be in elite shape both for durability sake and so they don't get too fatigued. When you get tired you get injured.

I wonder if these guys tweaked their groin a bit and they're just being cautious? We've been seeing this happen the last few years in camp. Part of it is because Bednar insists on doing that crazy skating drill right off the bat to see where their fitness level is at.

If you're not in great shape and have all the muscles loosened up, it can lead to groin injuries.

Reactions: McMetal

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
All of those guys, minus Saad that we know about, had a pretty major injury the playoffs. Perhaps they are still not right, or Bednar gave them a day after all the testing yesterday?

He said in the PC yesterday he was going to give guys time off this year and use the taxi squad as much as they could.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah, it's probably not covid related since Landeskog was with Bura and Mikko just the other day....

But that in and of itself is probably even more concerning if you ask me. Are you telling me we're not even two days into training camp, and our starting goalie, two Top 6 forwards, and one Top 4 Dman are dealing with some sort of injury already?

Because if that's the case, we might as well start looking ahead at the 2021 draft and that 1st overall pick already :laugh:
Should’ve gone harder for Hall...

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
All of those guys, minus Saad that we know about, had a pretty major injury the playoffs. Perhaps they are still not right, or Bednar gave them a day after all the testing yesterday?

Just the other day he said everyone was healthy though. Unless the tweet below was incorrect.

That's why I'm thinking they might be minor groin injuries. Or just some tightening of the muscles they're being cautious about.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I thought I read the league changed its tune and was going to report the players who have covid issues like other leagues. This unfit to play shit needs to go away.
I think the league will release names of anyone tested positive. We’ll see when they put out their report.

I’m not sure if I saw EJ at media day. Landy, Grubi and Saad were there.

Reactions: S3rkie

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We’re going to see quite a few blowouts

I think that may be a theme for all the games with the condensed schedule. We're going to see a lot of situations where one team is a lot fresher than the other.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I did not realize the season is starting so soon. What a lovely surprise!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
f*** this unfit to play bullshit. This needs to go.

Also it's possible that these 5 guys tested positive for covid this morning and don't have any symptom yet.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Btw, the Avs threw in the lines from today in one of their articles

Forwards
95 Andre Burakovsky - 29 Nathan MacKinnon - 96 Mikko Rantanen
13 Valeri Nichushkin - 37 J.T. Compher - 72 Joonas Donskoi
17 Tyson Jost - 91 Nazem Kadri - 61 Martin Kaut
11 Matt Calvert - 41 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - 44 Kiefer Sherwood

Defensemen
7 Devon Toews - 8 Cale Makar
49 Samuel Girard - 22 Conor Timmins
27 Ryan Graves - 28 Ian Cole
9 Dennis Gilbert

Goaltenders
39 Pavel Francouz
32 Hunter Miska

GROUP 2

Forwards
18 Mike Vecchione - 15 Sheldon Dries - 25 Logan O'Connor - 36 T.J. Tynan
12 Jayson Megna - 14 Shane Bowers - 70 Nick Henry - 10 Miikka Salomaki

Defensemen
34 Jacob MacDonald - 5 Dan Renouf
58 Peter Tischke - 88 Kyle Burroughs

Goaltender
30 Adam Werner

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
95 Andre Burakovsky - 29 Nathan MacKinnon - 96 Mikko Rantanen
13 Valeri Nichushkin - 37 J.T. Compher - 72 Joonas Donskoi
17 Tyson Jost - 91 Nazem Kadri - 61 Martin Kaut
11 Matt Calvert - 41 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - 44 Kiefer Sherwood

lol @ the middle 6.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Maybe those 5 players not necessarily tested positive for Covid but have been exposed to people who have the virus. Dont they also have to do a quarantine just for being exposed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad