Pre-Game Talk: 2020-21 Colorado Avalanche Preseason Thread

Which new bloke are you most looking forward to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I'm most excited about Toews. I haven't seen him much at all, so I'm excited to see what he brings. This season is going to be amazing if they can all stay healthy when it matters.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
holy smokes, havent been this excited for a season in a while. I have HIGH expectations for this year, remeber the 2013 hawks? the year they had? lets geeett itttttttt

Reactions: Foppa2118

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Z about to breakout as an all situations #1 franchise defenceman.

God would there ever be bitching on this board! :laugh:

In truth, this is about as good of opportunity for Z to shine as there is. Chicago has the roster space and understanding of a development season to give him as long of leash as possible. They also run a quasi man defensive system that plays to Z's strengths of 1v1 defending and limits his hockey IQ issues as he doesn't have to worry about all in his zone. He's also going to get paired with Boqvist or Mitchell for most of the season and they look like solid guys offensive that can help Z there. This is as prime of opportunity for him to live up to his talent as there is. I hope he grabs it as Z is a good dude and fun to watch when you don't have to live with his mistakes.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Landeskog-Kadri-Saad is such a stingy line. I do question whether or not Saad can hit the 20 goal mark with those guys though. Interested to see how they will be utilized.

EDIT: Still thinking with an 82 game mindset. 14 goals is the real bar.

I'll also be interested to see what this line does.

Last year Kadri had issues finding chemistry with his line mates until the end of the season, when the trio of Burakovsky-Kadri-Nichushkin played together and were great.

The Landeskog-Kadri-Nichushkin line, which played together for about 5-6 games in the playoffs, was a complete black hole offensively.

Reactions: Tralfamadore

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I'll also be interested to see what this line does.

Last year Kadri had issues finding chemistry with his line mates until the end of the season, when the trio of Burakovsky-Kadri-Nichushkin played together and were great.

The Landeskog-Kadri-Nichushkin line, which played together for about 5-6 games in the playoffs, was a complete black hole offensively.

That line on paper seems to have an identity but I don't how it will translate on to the ice. They're sort of similar players and they lack a bit of playmaking or dynamics. Kadri has a bad habit of trying to do too much himself sometimes which could be an issue with Landy and Saad on his wings.

Reactions: shadow1

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Zadorov actually looks slower than ever in that video but I still wouldn’t be shocked if he has a huge year from a shutdown perspective. He’s a damn good shutdown defenseman when his role is man focused. Issue is that’s not Bednar’s system and the Avs are just far too good all round to alter their structure to benefit a player of Zadorov’s caliber when the likes of Girard, Toews, EJ and Makar manning our back end.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Its gonna look amazing. Can't wait!

I'm digging the home uniform I'm just unsure about the aways. Something just looks off. I think it's because there's no blue on the away jersey.

5fb479caf1cf4c5700a0a971_1117-col21-quick.jpg

Worth noting these pics are unofficial.

Reactions: Perratrooper

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Five if we make them have a lower back Shotgun Willy's ad.
Ball logo on the front obviously cause it's funny. Then they can have something a little more subtle like Pepsi on one side, maybe Coors on the other, and then just like a Toyota ad on one hammy (white base, red logo) and Mastercard on the other (with the regular red and yellow).

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Ball logo on the front obviously cause it's funny. Then they can have something a little more subtle like Pepsi on one side, maybe Coors on the other, and then just like a Toyota ad on one hammy (white base, red logo) and Mastercard on the other (with the regular red and yellow).

We have to throw in a Finnish ad just as a nod to the inspiration.

Reactions: The Abusement Park
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad