Pre-Game Talk: 2020-21 Colorado Avalanche Preseason Thread

Which new bloke are you most looking forward to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
All those teams you mentioned play the Avs well. Well enough that if they put in the same "effort" last night that they can easily win.
Of course they will drop games against those teams. However, they won't struggle to make the playoffs unless there are a ton of injuries.

The division has 3 clear cup contenders and 5 mediocre teams fighting for the last playoff spot. Everyone will have bad games.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.png

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

This was inevitable. Every time they change it up, they quickly go back to this line. This is no longer a team with Jost and Compher on the second line where you need to spread the wealth. Not only is the top line really skilled with strong chemistry but Landeskog fits because of his physical play, forechecking, dirty work, defense, etc. Just like Burakovsky fits on the second line as more of a game breaker because of his speed and shooting ability. Maybe you try a shutdown line in certain scenarios with Landeskog and Kadri together but I don't think it's needed as an all the time thing.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
This was inevitable. Every time they change it up, they quickly go back to this line. This is no longer a team with Jost and Compher on the second line where you need to spread the wealth. Not only is the top line really skilled with strong chemistry but Landeskog fits because of his physical play, forechecking, dirty work, defense, etc. Just like Burakovsky fits on the second line as more of a game breaker because of his speed and shooting ability. Maybe you try a shutdown line in certain scenarios with Landeskog and Kadri together but I don't think it's needed as an all the time thing.

Don't forget his ability to hold onto the puck and not fall over. That shouldn't be seen as a slight against Rantanen this season, yet, who didn't tumble at all yesterday

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Should have done that from the beginning. If Saad continues to struggle, then move him down with Jost and Dong, and put Nuke back with Naz and Bura.

13/91/95
20/17/72
11/41/37

Not having a legit 3rd pairing C is hurting them still.
Like @Cousin Eddie said for better or for worst the best option at 3C at this moment is Tyson Jost. That's where I would play him.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Should have done that from the beginning. If Saad continues to struggle, then move him down with Jost and Dong, and put Nuke back with Naz and Bura.

13/91/95
20/17/72
11/41/37

Not having a legit 3rd pairing C is hurting them still.

Super like.

The first two lines were firing on all cylinders at the end of last season. No need to mess with perfection.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Maybe he was goofing around with Z and ate an elbow to the head.

From what I remember he took warm up, didn't seem like he was hurting at all, bumped into a teammate a few times, and then left the ice and didn't return. Testing how he feels while skating and taking some contact after a possible concussion makes sense.

Reactions: Foppa2118

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
From what I remember he took warm up, didn't seem like he was hurting at all, bumped into a teammate a few times, and then left the ice and didn't return. Testing how he feels while skating and taking some contact after a possible concussion makes sense.
Remember when Radulov concussed or injured Arnott on a goal celebration? Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad