Pre-Game Talk: 2020-21 Colorado Avalanche Preseason Thread

Which new bloke are you most looking forward to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Glad to see 22 in a regular jersey but, Over/Under on how many days into training camp till Timmins goes on IR?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
They look like a great basis for 2-3 ads to be stitched on.

upload_2021-1-4_14-46-51.png

Reactions: Pokecheque

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
8:30 start time is just about perfect for me. I can hurry and get all my work done by 8:30, then spend the end of second shift watching the game. :nod:

Reactions: scottykarate

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Imagine thinking an 8:30 start time is a late night.

:laugh::cry:
I never go to sleep right after a game, so 8:30 games usually end a little before midnight, then I'm on the boards and rewatching highlights or the condensed game. So usually ends up being a late night. Cant imagine actually having to write content or record post game podcasts and shit like that. Would get real tiring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perratrooper

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Ugh I hate 8:30 games. I really hope Comcast and Altitude come to an agreement soon. I don't want to watch like I had to last year. Or if Altitude would just stream the games themselves that'd be great. I wouldn't mind paying 8 to 12 bucks a month for an Altitude app until the Comcast agreement comes..... If it ever comes.

Edit: Black pants and gloves still looked 100% better. Our away gear just looks ugly now.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
If I had to guess it's players that have just recently travelled and need to quarantine for a few more days??

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If the Avs are gonna draft all these Maratimers they need to start vouching for us fine folks with the NHL schedule makers.

Those 12AM starts are motley. I’ve become used to the 10:30pm start. That’s standard Avs time and probably even my favorite time to watch now that I’ve become conditioned but 12AM starts mean 2:45AM endings which really suck as I’m climbing out of bed for work 4 hours later.

P.S. yes I do feel bad for you guys across the pond but I know that even East coast games don’t work for you lol.

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
Better get used to this type of crap all year. Players are going to mysteriously leave the lineup with no confirmation if or when they will return. The NHL has the worst injury reporting of any of the major leagues.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
If I had to guess it's players that have just recently travelled and need to quarantine for a few more days??
I doubt its quarantine related, Landy was posting on IG, hanging out with Bura and Mikko for the Finland/Sweden game. If it was a contact tracing thing I'm sure all three would be out.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Better get used to this type of crap all year. Players are going to mysteriously leave the lineup with no confirmation if or when they will return. The NHL has the worst injury reporting of any of the major leagues.
The Avalanche have the worst injury reporting in the league. Players just stop playing and never come back

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I hope it’s not covid related, because Landeskog was hanging out with Bura and Rants the other day watching the WJCs

If it was I doubt they'd have let Bura and Rantanen on the ice today. Probably a good indicator that Landeskog at least is unrelated to covid.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah, it's probably not covid related since Landeskog was with Bura and Mikko just the other day....

But that in and of itself is probably even more concerning if you ask me. Are you telling me we're not even two days into training camp, and our starting goalie, two Top 6 forwards, and one Top 4 Dman are dealing with some sort of injury already?

Because if that's the case, we might as well start looking ahead at the 2021 draft and that 1st overall pick already :laugh:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
But that in and of itself is probably even more concerning if you ask me. Are you telling me we're not even two days into training camp, and our starting goalie, two Top 6 forwards, and one Top 4 Dman are dealing with some sort of injury already?

I know a kid in Edmonton :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan