Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Of course Gallant was fired twice in part because he's a pretty headstrong guy who apparently butted heads with the front office both in Florida and Vegas. We'll see how that goes with Drury.

Glad to see Grier get a front office gig, both for diversity's sake and I really liked him as a player back in the day...but it's a shame it came at the expense of Brian Leetch. I really can't think of a single player who embodies that franchise more. And no, not Messier.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Lol, Avs original Division Champ picture has Vegas as a background

upload_2021-5-14_18-17-6.png

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Of course Gallant was fired twice in part because he's a pretty headstrong guy who apparently butted heads with the front office both in Florida and Vegas. We'll see how that goes with Drury.

Glad to see Grier get a front office gig, both for diversity's sake and I really liked him as a player back in the day...but it's a shame it came at the expense of Brian Leetch. I really can't think of a single player who embodies that franchise more. And no, not Messier.

Drury is pretty headstrong himself, but if that kind of personality is going to work anywhere it'll probably be with a rookie GM.

At least right off the bat. But it may not take long for their different view points to become an issue. Especially since he's a vet coach who probably wants to win soon, and the Rangers are still rebuilding.

Could lead to strong differences of opinion in how to build the team. Like should they continue to be patient or should they be more aggressive? This seems to be what eventually led to Roy and Sakic parting ways.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Drury is pretty headstrong himself, but if that kind of personality is going to work anywhere it'll probably be with a rookie GM.

At least right off the bat. But it may not take long for their different view points to become an issue. Especially since he's a vet coach who probably wants to win soon, and the Rangers are still rebuilding.

Could lead to strong differences of opinion in how to build the team. Like should they continue to be patient or should they be more aggressive? This seems to be what eventually led to Roy and Sakic parting ways.

Well, the firings of Gorton and Davidson were a definite message from Dolan that, ready or not, they're going for it. I don't think it's been even three years since they sent out "the letter" either. So I'm fairly confident Gallant and Dolan will get along great. Will Drury and Gallant get along? We'll see.

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
That team is absolutely stacked, I have no idea how any doesn't have them winning the cup this year.

Palat - Point - Kucherov
Killorn - Cirelli - Stamkos
Coleman - Gourde - Colton
Maroon - TyJo - Joseph

Hedman - Rutta
McDonagh - Cernak
Sergachev - Savard

Vasi
Their challenge is health. Kucherov hasn't played all year, Stamkos is made of glass and Hedman's current health seems uncertain. Their perfect scenario could turn nightmarish pretty rapidly... or not.

Reactions: MarkT

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
In a season where half the league used up major LTIR to stay within the cap, including the Avs... I don't see any issues. They played the system a bit, but Kuch was going to have surgery one way or another. Either he returned with ~3-4 weeks left or at the playoffs... that is a pretty easy choice considering the cap circumstances there. With Stammer constantly getting hurt, they actually could have activated Kuch at the end of the season if he was ready to go.
What I don't understand is do teams actually have the choice to reactivate players from the LTIR whenever they want? Once you put a player on LTIR, you can then leave him there once he's healthy, because otherwise you wouldn't meet the cap restrictions ???

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuch should be rusty AF and FLA is no joke. Hoping for some karma justice.

Will be rooting for the Panthers and my boy Bennett! :nod:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
To be fair, I caught that a lot - the assumption that Vegas was going to win the division and the President's trophy. Part of it was bias, but mostly I think it was people not properly understanding the schedule or the concept of games in hand. A lot of it also probably came from people watching the April 28 Vegas-Avs game where they beat us and we didn't look great.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What I don't understand is do teams actually have the choice to reactivate players from the LTIR whenever they want? Once you put a player on LTIR, you can then leave him there once he's healthy, because otherwise you wouldn't meet the cap restrictions ???
If a player is cleared to play by doctors, they have the be taken off LTIR.

Reactions: missionAvs

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Hard to believe that Carolina ended only 2 points behind us BUT went 0-2-1 in their last 3 games. They could have easily won that President trophy.
That is what I expected, while all eyes were on the VGK-COL battle, CAR could have coasted to the President’s trophy but choked.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Kotkaniemi and Caufield healthy scratch in Montreal for game one.

Staal who's completely done, on the other hand, is playing...Ducharme may not stay for long in Montreal.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not going to matter. The Leafs are going to run through the Canadiens with ease.
Their only hope is Price turning the clock back to 2014. Their only player capable of being a game breaker is Drouin and obviously is someone that isn’t reliable at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad