2020-21 Around the League part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Had to close the last one as it was getting full. Where did we leave off? Oh, right, the North is no longer the all offense division? Do the Boston Bruins manage to drag Hall to the playoffs, or does Hall grant the Bruins a 1st overall pick? Do the Nashville Predators get rewarded for not selling by making the post-season or does Matt Duchene murder another team? All these mysteries and more, in this around the league thread!

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
I think Vrana was a good pickup for Detroit. I think they’re a couple years away tho. Still sucks they’re in the opposite conference.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Jack Hughes had a bunch of points to start the season but he's been quiet since then it seems

1wPT56k.png

Now I didn't watch a single NJ game this year so I've no clue if he's been good or not.

Hughes 10G, Laf 9G, Kakko 8G...those kids aren't not living up to the hype so far.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Jack Hughes had a bunch of points to start the season but he's been quiet since then it seems

1wPT56k.png

Now I didn't watch a single NJ game this year so I've no clue if he's been good or not.

Hughes 10G, Laf 9G, Kakko 8G...those kids aren't not living up to the hype so far.

Yes, he’s been good. Very good in fact. He may not be in the super-elite tier of franchise centers but he’s a legit top line talent. It ain’t really his fault the team he’s on is in a death-spiral, mostly because they can’t buy a save right now.

They need to get a franchise defenseman and the goaltending obviously has to be better. It wouldn’t hurt if they got a scoring winger or two. Maybe Holtz is that guy.

Last edited:

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Another day, another game where Nikita Zadorov is nowhere in the same time zone as the guy he should be covering in front of the net.
He just completely shuts off at times. Reminds me of a guy I played basketball with, could score at will in ISO, but ask him to be the roll man in p'n'r, ask him to switch, ask him to play within a zone, forget about it. He'd score 25, have 10 boards and a few blocks, but the other team would basically play 5v4 every time they ran a play.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

1wPT56k.png

All of those kids will be fine. Statistically, none of them are doing that well, but when you watch them play you can see that they will get there in time.

I focus most in Kakko, and he is already a monster along the boards. I'd argue even better than Rantanen. What he lacks is skating, and his shot is pretty abysmal. One or two summers training with Rantanen ought to fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad