2020-21 Around the League part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Kotkaniemi and Caufield healthy scratch in Montreal for game one.

Staal who's completely done, on the other hand, is playing...Ducharme may not stay for long in Montreal.
That’s just dumb. Montreal isn’t expected to win, they should play their young players for the experience. Staal is so done it’s not funny anymore.

Also why decide so early on the lineup, the game is Thursday!?!

Reactions: Azrael89

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Kotkaniemi and Caufield healthy scratch in Montreal for game one.

Staal who's completely done, on the other hand, is playing...Ducharme may not stay for long in Montreal.
Habs should fire Ducharme and hire someone with playoff experience

Reactions: Azrael89

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
If a player is cleared to play by doctors, they have the be taken off LTIR.
That's where the Kucherov situation gets a bit ridiculous. The entire Galaxy knew that he would miraculously be cleared to play within a 3-4 days span starting after their last regular season game and before their first game of the playoffs. And that wasn't related to a 3 weeks absence but to a year long recovery process. That's just absurdly obvious cap circumvention.

I'm no doctor but I assume there's a lot of grey in determining when a player is ready to play, so its probably a very slippery slope to try to determine that there was foul play in such a determination. And once you attack one perpetrator, you're stuck having to attack all of them. So the league probably decided not to go there with Kucherov. But I bet you Betman is really pissed at Tampa because Brisebois really robbed his nose in it this time with Kuch...

The fact that Stamkos happened to be hurt at the end and that they could have squeezed through another way is irrelevent. The harm was done.

Reactions: avsfan09

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
That's where the Kucherov situation gets a bit ridiculous. The entire Galaxy knew that he would miraculously be cleared to play within a 3-4 days span starting after their last regular season game and before their first game of the playoffs. And that wasn't related to a 3 weeks absence but to a year long recovery process. That's just absurdly obvious cap circumvention.

I'm no doctor but I assume there's a lot of grey in determining when a player is ready to play, so its probably a very slippery slope to try to determine that there was foul play in such a determination. And once you attack one perpetrator, you're stuck having to attack all of them. So the league probably decided not to go there with Kucherov. But I bet you Betman is really pissed at Tampa because Brisebois really robbed his nose in it this time with Kuch...

The fact that Stamkos happened to be hurt at the end and that they could have squeezed through another way is irrelevent. The harm was done.
I'm expecting a rule change, especially if the Lightning win the cup again.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Malkin out for game one. Big blow for Penguins. Varlamov out too, just when it looked like he left his injury woes behind.

Reactions: Balthazar

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I don't listen to podcasts other than a few links here and there that some of y'all have provided but this was on my youtube homepage and I gave it a go. It's an hour and change so warning on that. BUT...this is a round of golf with Whitney and Bissonnette taking on Jose Theodore and Ed Jovanovski. Fun stuff. Jovo Cop and Theo looked pretty good on the links. Ed especially was awesome.

Not really sure where to post this type of stuff? Is this appropriate or should it go elsewhere?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's still so insanely weird seeing a regular season game being played right now.

Oh, and Sutter is benching Juuso Valimaki. I don't think the Avs would be able to get him but whoever trades for that guy will be getting a star.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It's still so insanely weird seeing a regular season game being played right now.

Oh, and Sutter is benching Juuso Valimaki. I don't think the Avs would be able to get him but whoever trades for that guy will be getting a star.

I don't see it with him. He might round out into a solid middle pairing guy... I don't think he's skilled enough to be more.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't see it with him. He might round out into a solid middle pairing guy... I don't think he's skilled enough to be more.

I think he's got a lot of upside, but even if he's just a middle pairing guy, that's a puckmoving defenseman with size who can play in all three zones, and ostensibly in all situations.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
LeBrun: What the Lightning, League and rival GMs are saying about Nikita Kucherov's return

BruisedDistortedCopperbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think he's got a lot of upside, but even if he's just a middle pairing guy, that's a puckmoving defenseman with size who can play in all three zones, and ostensibly in all situations.

I think he's going to be a solid NHL player, and certainly can have a role. I think he's a step down from a core level guy. I don't think he ever gets to a Toews sort of level even. He'll be a good player, there are just about 20 defensemen his age or younger I'd rather target (pure random number).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Looks like big changes are coming in Vancouver with Benning possibly out and the Sedins taking on some sort of role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad