2020-21 Around the League part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
To be fair, Finnish is a very blunt language and what he said can be interpreted in a few different ways.

@UncleRisto is the translation pretty accurate?
Yes, just as you said, "en jaksa peliäkään enää" out of Patrik Laine's mouth is mostly just that he's tired and doesn't want to go.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Your NHL scoring leader among defensemen...
i
Not to be mean or anything but can somone .gif a picture of this with that caption bolded while "I Don't Wanna Be All By Myself" starts to play and pictures float by including ROR hoisting the cup with the Blues but please leave space for MacKinnon handing the Cup to EJ this year.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I miss those days with G2P, the Avalounge was poppin every night
Yesterday I was outside practicing hockey for a bit, when my new neighbor came outside and complimented my wrist shot. He told me a better way to get speed up and how I could improve on keeping my eye on my target instead of my puck. Then he asked to see my slapshot. That didn't go over too well. After he finished laughing he told me he'd seen a player like me a while ago. And he helped me on the slap shot. We got to talking and then he asked who my favorite team was, Colorado Avalanche, he laughed again and said so I'm safe to say Joe Sakic is your favorite player. And I said no Tuomo Ruutu. Then he got into saying (he was born in 1922, but you wouldn't be able to tell by how active he is) how after World War 2 he came back to Navy Peir here in Chicago and settled down with a wife, he worked at Navy Peir from then on. He then went to the Chicago Stanley Cup game with his friends in 1961 and fell in love with hockey and the Hawks. He then started coaching hockey for his sons and then went up to the junior level for a few years. Through connections he met Phil Esposito, Tony Esposito, Bobby Orr, Wayne Gretzky, Guy Lafleur, and other players including Gump Worsley. He bade hs goodbyes and went for a walk.

Today I come home and there's a gift basket his wife made me sitting on my front porch. He's one cool guy. It included

Martin Havlat Chicago Blackh daawks Home Jersey

NHL 2007 for XBOX

An autographed Nikolai Khabibulin Puck

An autographed Tuomo Ruutu Puck

An autographed Phil Esposito Puck (WHOOHOO)

and finally a new street hockey puck

So I go over to his house to thank him and he invites me upstairs to show me something. I walk into this room and its more memorabilia than I could ever dream of. What caught my eye was a 1980 USA Jersey that said USA and the number 1 on the back, autographed by the entire team.

I'm just telling you, even if you're sad your neighbors are gone, just be happy someone new is coming

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Not to be mean or anything but can somone .gif a picture of this with that caption bolded while "I Don't Wanna Be All By Myself" starts to play and pictures float by including ROR hoisting the cup with the Blues but please leave space for MacKinnon handing the Cup to EJ this year.

How will MacK feel when McDavid hands Barrie the Cup?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
How will MacK feel when McDavid hands Barrie the Cup?
The only way that is happening is if it's in the Olympics and I'm pretty sure MacK will be handing it to McDavid but I'm not sold on Cale not getting it second either.

Last edited:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Meh, I really can't even muster much anger about the whole Kucherov thing. They went the whole season without their best player and were still elite.

That team is absolutely stacked, I have no idea how any doesn't have them winning the cup this year.

Palat - Point - Kucherov
Killorn - Cirelli - Stamkos
Coleman - Gourde - Colton
Maroon - TyJo - Joseph

Hedman - Rutta
McDonagh - Cernak
Sergachev - Savard

Vasi

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That team is absolutely stacked, I have no idea how any doesn't have them winning the cup this year.

Palat - Point - Kucherov
Maroon - TyJo - Joseph

Hedman - Rutta
McDonagh - Cernak
Sergachev - Savard

Vasi
Their left side of their defense is just gross.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Palat - Point - Kucherov
Maroon - TyJo - Joseph

Hedman - Rutta
McDonagh - Cernak
Sergachev - Savard

Vasi

Well...top-pairing defender Jan Rutta is definitely not an ideal scenario, but yes, this is still an elite squad. I'd say they're vulnerable though, especially against Florida. We'll see what happens.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think Tampa Bay loses to Florida because Victor Hedman is playing hurt and needs surgery in the summer. We saw what happened in the playoffs last time the team was hurt - they were lost without him playing at his peak or even playing at all.

It won't be easy, but Hedman not being himself gives the edge to Florida for me personally.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Meh, I really can't even muster much anger about the whole Kucherov thing. They went the whole season without their best player and were still elite.

In a season where half the league used up major LTIR to stay within the cap, including the Avs... I don't see any issues. They played the system a bit, but Kuch was going to have surgery one way or another. Either he returned with ~3-4 weeks left or at the playoffs... that is a pretty easy choice considering the cap circumstances there. With Stammer constantly getting hurt, they actually could have activated Kuch at the end of the season if he was ready to go.

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad