Speculation: 2020-2021 Sharks Roster Discussion Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I'm not so sure Buffalo has to move the SKinner deal TBH. It's one thing to have a team weighed down by numerous overpaying contracts, but Buffalo is a young team and outside of Eichel there are no other bloated deals. They can afford to wait out his slump or simply delegate him to the 4th line without it being a massive burden on their cap.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I'm not so sure Buffalo has to move the SKinner deal TBH. It's one thing to have a team weighed down by numerous overpaying contracts, but Buffalo is a young team and outside of Eichel there are no other bloated deals. They can afford to wait out his slump or simply delegate him to the 4th line without it being a massive burden on their cap.

Soon it will be a trade demand, he has already went and whined to his agent to speak up for him.

And don meehan is one of the take no crap from any one type of agents.

Reactions: themelkman

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Soon it will be a trade demand, he has already went and whined to his agent to speak up for him.

And don meehan is one of the take no crap from any one type of agents.
He seemed to say all the right things. I expect Kreuger to get fired before Skinner gets traded. The impression I got today from his presser (skinner) is that he wants to be in Buffalo and I don't blame him for being frustrated for being benched despite how awful he's played.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Remember when Skinner won the Calder over Couture?

Hilarious.
I mean for their rookie seasons Skinner was better, but if we’re going off the idea of who would end up being the best player from that class it’s John Carlson by a mile.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I mean for their rookie seasons Skinner was better, but if we’re going off the idea of who would end up being the best player from that class it’s John Carlson by a mile.
Couture scored 56 points and 32 goals at the more important position and helped get his team to the playoffs. Skinner did have more points at 63 and had 31 goals but less important position and his team did not make the playoffs. Couture was also a two way beast up until the last few years. Skinner is a defensive liability.

Reactions: Sandisfan

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Couture scored 56 points and 32 goals at the more important position and helped get his team to the playoffs. Skinner did have more points at 63 and had 31 goals but less important position and his team did not make the playoffs. Couture was also a two way beast up until the last few years. Skinner is a defensive liability.

Skinner was just drafted that off-season, whereas Couture had 3 additional seasons since his draft and barely met the rookie criteria with the maximum 25 NHL games the season prior. It was close but I’d give the edge to Skinner.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Skinner was also 19. It doesn't matter, you could make an argument for both players. Both deserved to win.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Skinner had a fast start and the ASG was in Carolina that year. He got all the rookie pub at forward that year. Couture didn’t really have a shot despite my agreement with your assessment of their seasons.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Every one thought the starting price for karlsson was meier and hertl together, and then to add picks and prospects on top of that.

If what you think is the value, lessen it by like double and you get the actual value that GM's will pay.
No sharks fan thought it was both. Some thought it would take one of them but I think very few were willing to pay that.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Every one thought the starting price for karlsson was meier and hertl together, and then to add picks and prospects on top of that.

If what you think is the value, lessen it by like double and you get the actual value that GM's will pay.
While that may be true, there is a major difference between Eichel, who is younger than Karlsson was and is signed long term, and Karlsson who wasn’t going to be returning to Ottawa. Goodrow for example was never going to fetch a first if he wasn’t signed an extra year.

Reactions: themelkman

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Timo Meier had a two-goal game and was still one of the worst forwards on the ice. Plays dying on his stick, defensive miscues, absolutely no vision...the Sharks need to consider moving on.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Timo Meier had a two-goal game and was still one of the worst forwards on the ice. Plays dying on his stick, defensive miscues, absolutely no vision...the Sharks need to consider moving on.
This is just speculation, but I think he’s putting so much pressure on himself to do everything every shift that he’s becoming insanely one dimensional.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This is just speculation, but I think he’s putting so much pressure on himself to do everything every shift that he’s becoming insanely one dimensional.

If he’s putting pressure on himself, he certainly doesn’t show it with his effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad