Speculation: 2020-2021 Sharks Roster Discussion Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So if Demelo came back would he be our 2nd or 3rd best defensemen?

If DeMelo came back, he would revert back to his fringe NHL status because he’d have nobody to help him because the team is pretty clearly disjointed.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
It's weird. A lot of the players are the same but this team doesn't feel like the Sharks. Even last year where they absolutely sucked it felt like a Sharks team.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
It's weird. A lot of the players are the same but this team doesn't feel like the Sharks. Even last year where they absolutely sucked it felt like a Sharks team.
Culture needs to change, and I honestly thought Karlsson being “the guy” would do that to some extent but he seems very disinterested after going through the same thing in Ottawa. f*** I wish that contract never got signed.

Reactions: Groo

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Does anyone else feel that Vlasic's interview on Shea Weber is just him indirectly praising his own accomplishments? I admit I may have Vlasic derangement syndrome...

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Does anyone else feel that Vlasic's interview on Shea Weber is just him indirectly praising his own accomplishments? I admit I may have Vlasic derangement syndrome...
the Athletic one?

I felt it was criticizing is own game. Praising a guy who works hard, is physical, will fight when needed, and has a great shot. All facets Vlasic doesnt have in his own game

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
the Athletic one?

I felt it was criticizing is own game. Praising a guy who works hard, is physical, will fight when needed, and has a great shot. All facets Vlasic doesnt have in his own game

The constant references to Team Canada and to the shared company as well as the bit about how paying 1,000 games is no small feat.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
My new TDL plan:

1. Trade our rentals (Marleau, Dubnyk, Sorensen, Nieto Noesen). I think we’d be able to pick up at least a second, a third, and maybe 3-4 4ths or 5ths.

2. Trade Simek for a 2nd and a D that fits expansion requirements

3. See if anyone will give us good packages for anyone over 25 but I’m going to assume they won’t.

4. Trade a 2nd for Bennett and a 3rd or couple of 4ths for Mete.

Roll with:
Donato-Couture-Labanc
Kane-Hertl-Leonard
Gregor-Bennett-Gambrell
Balcers-True-Kellman

Vlasic-Burns
Ferraro-EK
Knyzhov-Mete

Jones
Melnichuk

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
My new TDL plan:

1. Trade our rentals (Marleau, Dubnyk, Sorensen, Nieto Noesen). I think we’d be able to pick up at least a second, a third, and maybe 3-4 4ths or 5ths.

2. Trade Simek for a 2nd and a D that fits expansion requirements

3. See if anyone will give us good packages for anyone over 25 but I’m going to assume they won’t.

4. Trade a 2nd for Bennett and a 3rd or couple of 4ths for Mete.

Roll with:
Donato-Couture-Labanc
Kane-Hertl-Leonard
Gregor-Bennett-Gambrell
Balcers-True-Kellman

Vlasic-Burns
Ferraro-EK
Knyzhov-Mete

Jones
Melnichuk
Few things in here. I don't think Simek is worth near a 2nd rounder given his injury history, contract, and overall small sample size of NHL games. Would also keep Marleau if he is willing to stick around as the games played record likely means more this year than a 4th or 5th round lottery ticket.

I am not really interested in giving up a 2nd for Bennett. Don't need a 3C that can't score that is going to command $3 mil a year on his next deal. At some point you can't let draft position cause you to overpay for what a player is now. Bennett will be 25 next season with 6 seasons in the league. Not going to magically turn into a good NHLer imo.

As it relates to moving forward, you have to find a way to clear salary and acquire a young top 6 forward. I would be willing to entertain trade offers for basically anyone in the organization not named Mario Ferraro at this juncture. If you get a good offer for Meier, Hertl, etc. you make the move based on where we are right now and likely going to be unless we find a way to offload the contracts of guys like Vlasic, Jones, etc.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Find a way to trade Vlasic to New York for ADA then sit him out the rest of the season before buying him out. That would be spectacular. lol

Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad