Speculation: 2020-2021 Sharks Roster Discussion Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Timo Meier had a two-goal game and was still one of the worst forwards on the ice. Plays dying on his stick, defensive miscues, absolutely no vision...the Sharks need to consider moving on.
They have plenty of players that probably should be traded. We only have 1 working line and maybe 1 defensive pairing that is working well. Everything else is trash.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Timo Meier had a two-goal game and was still one of the worst forwards on the ice. Plays dying on his stick, defensive miscues, absolutely no vision...the Sharks need to consider moving on.
i'm not sure i'd advocate for that right now, but his contract is one that could be an issue for the sharks moving forward

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Part of me is glad we’re going to potentially be in a position over the next two years to draft some high end prospects like Beniers, Raaty, Johnson, Wright, Lambert ect… But it’s still beyond frustrating to watch the goaltending let us down three years running now. I don’t expect the sharks to be contenders for the cup in the least but fourth in the division I think is/was super attainable. So many times this team gets a lead and our goalie gives up the tying goal on the next shot. I wouldn’t even be opposed to bucking the trend in the next draft and selecting Wallstedt and have him and Melnichuk be the goalies of the future.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
A couple weeks ago, I was hoping Dubnyk's value at the trade deadline would be a 3rd.

Now I think he's worth a 29-year-old AHL scratch on an expiring contract. He's more entertaining than Jones, but just as trash.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
No one is picking up Jones.

Melnichuk, Stalock, Korenar, Jones, Harvey, Sawchenko and I’m sure there’s someone on the ECHL roster that I don’t know about

Even with jones staying and dubnyk going one team would need 1 goalie. If by some chance he did picked then one team would need 2 goalies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Even with jones staying and dubnyk going one team would need 1 goalie. If by some chance he did picked then one team would need 2 goalies.
And I’d rather sign some nobody FA to an AHL deal and get rid of both Jones and Dubnyk than keep them. They are both garbage.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
And I’d rather sign some nobody FA to an AHL deal and get rid of both Jones and Dubnyk than keep them. They are both garbage.

I really hope we do get more goalies, so some here can start realizing that it does not matter if it is prime brodeur in net or jones in net. The goalies are going to get lit up like a christmas tree.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I really hope we do get more goalies, so some here can start realizing that it does not matter if it is prime brodeur in net or jones in net. The goalies are going to get lit up like a christmas tree.
If they’re going to get lit up I’d rather a 2M (for both goalies) cap hit than an 8M (for both goalies).

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Seeing how there isn't exactly a can't miss prospect at the top of this year's draft, would you just bite the bullet and draft Wallstedt? As much as I want a guy like Beniers or Hughes, it's unlikely they becomes a franchise caliber player. Wallstedt's numbers are absurd for a 17 year old goalie in the SHL and this would fill an org need without skipping over a clear cut BPA. The only caveat being that he's a goalie lol

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Seeing how there isn't exactly a can't miss prospect at the top of this year's draft, would you just bite the bullet and draft Wallstedt? As much as I want a guy like Beniers or Hughes, it's unlikely they becomes a franchise caliber player. Wallstedt's numbers are absurd for a 17 year old goalie in the SHL and this would fill an org need without skipping over a clear cut BPA. The only caveat being that he's a goalie lol
The sharks are terrible goalie evaluators, and a goalie is a huge risk. If im Doug Jr I dont consider it unless he slips to like pick 10. If we are top 3 then Beniers or one of the Swedes is who I want.

Reactions: fEyD08

fEyD08

Jan 13, 2018
Beniers would be huge. I hope they get another first in the Top 20 and grab a defencemen. The goalie evaluation is really a mess. DW should pay more attention to detail in that department. Getting other scouts comes to my mind and using higher picks for goalies.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Beniers would be huge. I hope they get another first in the Top 20 and grab a defencemen. The goalie evaluation is really a mess. DW should pay more attention to detail in that department. Getting other scouts comes to my mind and using higher picks for goalies.

I wanted to hope nabby could be that person to help there. But after this offseason and asking for dubnyk because he could help i am not sure any more.

Reactions: fEyD08

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I like Bob calling players out. I don’t like Bob moving players up that have been bad after calling them out.

Yeah but I think it was also in response to Simek’s garbage play on the goal set up by Sundqvist.

Just glad Boughner is doing his part to get Vlasic going either on the ice or out the door.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

I think if Vlasic was capable of elevating his game, we'd have seen it during the last three years.

He's had a good playoff run and a good November 2019. Makes me think the playoff run was coincidental rather than evidence that he can elevate his game on command.

He's not just good anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad