Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Senators Prospect Watch - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Agreed. And if he had to move up the lineup due to injury I actually don't think Chlapik would look out of place on a short term basis.
Yeah agreed, so long as he doesn't lose any of his speed to injury I think he'll be able to be a real swiss-army type player. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah agreed, so long as he doesn't lose any of his speed to injury I think he'll be able to be a real swiss-army type player. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Solid player. Ideal 4C for a few years behind Norris and Brown/CT/TS.

Last edited:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Where would sanderson have been drafted if his defence was just average?

OperationHotMother

Dec 22, 2006
Where would sanderson have been drafted if his defence was just average?
Somewhere in the late teens would be my guess. He'd still be 6'3, 200 pounds, blazing fast, and the top scoring defenseman in the US NTDP. That sounds about equivalent to a 17 year old Thomas Chabot. We probably reached a bit for Chabot (IIRC the next highest ranked players were Konecny and White) but 2015 was the strongest draft of the decade so those two factors even out.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Somewhere in the late teens would be my guess. He'd still be 6'3, 200 pounds, blazing fast, and the top scoring defenseman in the US NTDP. That sounds about equivalent to a 17 year old Thomas Chabot. We probably reached a bit for Chabot (IIRC the next highest ranked players were Konecny and White) but 2015 was the strongest draft of the decade so those two factors even out.

Yeah. I'd say anywhere in the second half of the first round. He had games where he showed offensive ability. And as you say, he has some pretty nice raw tools (size and skating). Plus many scouts / GMs firmly believe that a large portion of defensive play can be taught.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Ask that kind of question about any draftee and it should get the same responses.
I'm just trying to gauge where his offense sits compared to others in his draft class.

Edit: And I really like the pick.

Last edited:

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
During one of his interviews, he said that he was working a lot on his shot so he can add more offensive tools to his game.

I think with how smart Sanderson is, he will improve his offense enough to be considered a true 2-way force.

Like 40-45points in his prime while eating up huge minutes and shutting down the opponents top lines.

Reactions: Fenix Rises 2026

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
During one of his interviews, he said that he was working a lot on his shot so he can add more offensive tools to his game.

I think with how smart Sanderson is, he will improve his offense enough to be considered a true 2-way force.

Like 40-45points in his prime while eating up huge minutes and shutting down the opponents top lines.

Yeah I think he can become a similar dman to Werenski offensively and maybe even better defensively which would easily make him a #1D.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
Is there anyone saying that Sanderson will be a bad player? I personally would have preferred someone else at 5 considering our needs but I'm also not mad about getting Sanderson. He'll be a really good 2LD behind Chabot. I just think we should have targeted another C like Rossi or Lundell. Honestly the draft was light on top end D so it makes sense Sanderson went high. At the same time we could have picked up Cormier in the second who also would have filled that 2LD role well IMO. Comes down to a difference in opinion but I'm still okay with the pick and the general direction of the team!

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Is there anyone saying that Sanderson will be a bad player? I personally would have preferred someone else at 5 considering our needs but I'm also not mad about getting Sanderson. He'll be a really good 2LD behind Chabot. I just think we should have targeted another C like Rossi or Lundell. Honestly the draft was light on top end D so it makes sense Sanderson went high. At the same time we could have picked up Cormier in the second who also would have filled that 2LD role well IMO. Comes down to a difference in opinion but I'm still okay with the pick and the general direction of the team!
There is a massive difference between filling the role well and having what Ottawa hopes is an elite left handed D to support their other elite left handed D.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
There is a massive difference between filling the role well and having what Ottawa hopes is an elite left handed D to support their other elite left handed D.

Neither Sanderson or Chabot will ever tilt the ice in the Sens favour to the extent Karlsson used to but I think both have potential to bring lesser versions of that with quick repossession/retrieval and counterattack.

The stark contrast we used to have of being on the offensive with EK on the ice and being hemmed in our own zone when he was off should make people very excited about the potential of having Sanderson and Chabot eating up 50 minutes a game. Even if they are lesser versions, 50/60 minutes per game of having that type of driver on the ice puts you in position to win.

They’re going to be game plan wreckers.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Lots of Prospects today

NO Chlapik again today for Sparta.
Merilainans Karpat U20 won 3-1 today no idea if he started.
Thompson and Jarvente just started, Thompson moved down to the 4th group
Abramov is back for Jukerit, game just started
Alsing with Graz 99ers game just started
Later
Guenette with Val D'Or
Sogaard with Esbjerg
Gustavsson with Sodertalje
Lodin with Timra

Reactions: DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad