2020-2021 season. When, how, etc

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
just because they aren’t generational talents, doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be helpful to get a top 5 pick. I would be very happy for the Sharks to get Power or any of the Michigan draft eligible freshmen. Luke Hughes as well.
More, what I mean is the difference between top 5 and top 15 is likely nothing. There will be players who turn out as well or better than those taken before them, and similar odds of not making it at all.

I will give you that Luke Hughes may be getting ignored a bit by predraft ratings for no real reason I can tell.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
More, what I mean is the difference between top 5 and top 15 is likely nothing. There will be players who turn out as well or better than those taken before them, and similar odds of not making it at all.

I will give you that Luke Hughes may be getting ignored a bit by predraft ratings for no real reason I can tell.

Also top 5 picks are great trading chips if the team is willing to trade it.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
just because they aren’t generational talents, doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be helpful to get a top 5 pick. I would be very happy for the Sharks to get Power or any of the Michigan draft eligible freshmen. Luke Hughes as well.
Power has disappointed me. I think Beniers was my favorite of the michigan 3

Reactions: Erep

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Looks rough, what is different between the schedule strengths though? Is it actual schedule like back to backs? Or is it overall team strengths? I'd dig into it more but I am supposed to be working...
It is "we have to play Gibson and Kuemper 8 times each, and don't get to face Jones". That is really all this is. It isn't a reflection on anything else.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Looks rough, what is different between the schedule strengths though? Is it actual schedule like back to backs? Or is it overall team strengths? I'd dig into it more but I am supposed to be working...

We're playing teams like Colorado, St. Louis, and Minnesota instead of Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary and they already finished last against the latter. Unless they stay pretty healthy and get some career seasons out of people and a rebound from at least one goalie, they're in deep shit.

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
Schedule is out. Looks like almost all 2 game sets against the same team, except for one set of 4 against Colorado towards the end.

Gonna be a tough year for us I feel like.

Edit: Looks like a few 4 game sets. STL, LAK, COL

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Schedule is out. Looks like almost all 2 game sets against the same team, except for one set of 4 against Colorado towards the end.

Gonna be a tough year for us I feel like.

Edit: Looks like a few 4 game sets. STL, LAK, COL

But two on the road and two at home for those "four game" sets.

Reactions: Sandisfan

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
We're playing teams like Colorado, St. Louis, and Minnesota instead of Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary and they already finished last against the latter. Unless they stay pretty healthy and get some career seasons out of people and a rebound from at least one goalie, they're in deep shit.

Colorado and St. Louis are way better than Vancouver and Edmonton, but Minnesota sucks. The Sharks have enough talent to beat them I'd think. Assuming things don't go ass backwards again, I think the Sharks should be the front-runner for the #4 spot in the division.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Erep

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Colorado and St. Louis are way better than Vancouver and Edmonton, but Minnesota sucks. The Sharks have enough talent to beat them I'd think. Assuming things don't go ass backwards again, I think the Sharks should be the front-runner for the #4 spot in the division.

Calgary is better than Minnesota but not by a margin that negates the other two.

Reactions: BigDmitriy

Erep

Jul 17, 2019

Schedule makes a lot more sense when you look at the picture. From the end of February on, it is just games Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday with a couple weeks off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad