2020-2021 season. When, how, etc

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Some positives about our schedule:
  • We'll know right away if this team has a shot based on how they play against their competition (ari and min) and against the top dogs
  • Great opportunity to accumulate points before the trade deadline
  • Last 10 games are all meaningful
If the talk of stepping it up and making ammends for last year is real, we'll know right away. And if it is there's a path to the playoffs

Reactions: Reggae Shark

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Yes, that was planned with SCC pushing the Sharks out of SAP Center.

(The Sharks are meeting with SCC today about returning to SAP Center and having home games. Here's hoping the NHL has robust enough protocols that the SCC will allow the Sharks -- and Cuda -- to play at SAP Center for all home games.)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Guys essentially (at home) go from home to practice facility to home to arena. On the road: airplane to hotel to practice to hotel to arena to hotel/airplane.

Food delivered (non contact). Can't go out. No chance to "go" anywhere.

Boja

Dec 9, 2006
If they end up having to abandon the season, how would the draft order work?

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
They better hope this doesn't happen a bunch of times. Unfortunately it's starting to play out as I anticipated. No bubble, no way to make sure people aren't getting exposed. I really hope they can complete the season this way. Going to be a struggle.
This is why the offending team should have to forfeit the games. Only reschedule if both sides are fubared.

tahoesharksfan

Old Fart
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Hopefully the NHL is taking notes from the NFL. While they had some stumbles along the way the NFL managed to get through their season (yeah, the SB is this weekend) and learned a lot along the way (specifically with testing, contact tracing, how to hold meetings, etc).

While the NFL, with one game a week, travels less (relatively) the NHL should have a smaller sample space to monitor.

There'll be time at the end of the season to make up any necessary games lost and once they get to the playoffs they can bubble again (if still necessary)....

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
If they end up having to abandon the season, how would the draft order work?
Probably some math determining wins per game played? I don't see it getting canceled until about half way thru if it even does. The protocols to keep the players isolated will just get more strict first.
Hopefully the NHL is taking notes from the NFL. While they had some stumbles along the way the NFL managed to get through their season (yeah, the SB is this weekend) and learned a lot along the way (specifically with testing, contact tracing, how to hold meetings, etc).

While the NFL, with one game a week, travels less (relatively) the NHL should have a smaller sample space to monitor.

There'll be time at the end of the season to make up any necessary games lost and once they get to the playoffs they can bubble again (if still necessary)....
It's pretty amazing to me that the NFL managed as well as they did with the number of players and personnel they have to keep track of.
This is why the offending team should have to forfeit the games. Only reschedule if both sides are fubared.
I don't completely disagree but what if a team gets it from a team they played and then their next games get canceled? I'm betting there is some kind of revenue that comes into play as well as far as TV contracts and then of course player salary. Not sure how all that works if a game just isn't played.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boja

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Probably some math determining wins per game played? I don't see it getting canceled until about half way thru if it even does. The protocols to keep the players isolated will just get more strict first.

It's pretty amazing to me that the NFL managed as well as they did with the number of players and personnel they have to keep track of.

I don't completely disagree but what it a team gets it from a team they played and then their next games get canceled? I'm betting there is some kind of revenue that comes into play as well as far as TV contracts and then of course player salary. Not sure how all that works if a game just isn't played.

Completely canceling games definitely hurts the revenue what little they are already getting. They only get paid for the games that are played and aired.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Cancelling games may also result in refunds (or credits) to sponsors for not giving them promotional notice they pay for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad