Boston Bruins 2020-2021 Roster Discussion IV - STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Idk what this proves but I find it hysterical that someone took time to make a Kevan Miller highlight tape

IMO if Miller is over his injury he can be a very effective player. Your earlier comment tells me how little you watched Miller.

Um I think you’re romanticizing how effective he was when healthy

Reactions: tremha

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
IMO if Miller is over his injury he can be a very effective player. Your earlier comment tells me how little you watched Miller.

I mean that’s the thing I don’t think he was ever a ‘very effective player’ and I’ve watched every minute he’s played in Black and Gold. He was serviceable imo once he improved his skating but the puck consistently explodes off the guys stick in how own end leading to turnovers. Happens like a lot

Just cause I have a different opinion of the player doesn’t mean I ‘haven’t watched him enough’ that’s just you discounting my opinion cause it doesn’t align with yours

Reactions: duffy

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I mean that’s the thing I don’t think he was ever a ‘very effective player’ and I’ve watched every minute he’s played in Black and Gold. He was serviceable imo once he improved his skating but the puck consistently explodes off the guys stick in how own end leading to turnovers. Happens like a lot

Just cause I have a different opinion of the player doesn’t mean I ‘haven’t watched him enough’ that’s just you discounting my opinion cause it doesn’t align with yours

Um I think you’re romanticizing how ineffective he was when healthy

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I think it's good insurance in the event Clifton gets hurt or doesn't improve. Bruins have dressed over 10 dmen over the course of the season for over a decade and we've had a top three d corps over that span. Cheap veteran dmen are useful and i think Miller will get his spots. Also, this is a 'feel good' moment for the locker room to see a guy they all know and love get a chance to resume his career.

I think this could end up as a sneaky good move for the Bruins.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The big question mark is how his knees hold up and I still believe that is the 50/50 thing here. It's fine to be skating 2-3 days a week and doing plyometrics in the basement and another to play a full speed NHL game. If he does make a comeback and can actually play at a level close to what he was before the injuries, then yeah, he is a solid veteran option for the 3rd pair that can be used against heavier teams or if one of the kids is having a tough time. As with Chara though, the problem could be Butch's temptation to overuse him because "veteran."

Reactions: bbfan419 and hrdpuk

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The big question mark is how his knees hold up and I still believe that is the 50/50 thing here. It's fine to be skating 2-3 days a week and doing plyometrics in the basement and another to play a full speed NHL game. If he does make a comeback and can actually play at a level close to what he was before the injuries, then yeah, he is a solid veteran option for the 3rd pair that can be used against heavier teams or if one of the kids is having a tough time. As with Chara though, the problem could be Butch's temptation to overuse him because "veteran."

" He’s lost an even 200 regular season games to injury in his career, with ailments including the standard upper-body and lower-body injuries, concussions, and sickness but also multiple injuries to his shoulders and hands as well as a bruised larynx."

Hands, shoulders, knees and head (knees and head)

Not great for an aging, physical defenseman.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
" He’s lost an even 200 regular season games to injury in his career, with ailments including the standard upper-body and lower-body injuries, concussions, and sickness but also multiple injuries to his shoulders and hands as well as a bruised larynx."

Hands, shoulders, knees and head (knees and head)

Not great for an aging, physical defenseman.

Agree 100%. Maybe 50/50 coming back is a bit optimistic. But if he does, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I still absolutely disagree with the signing, but since it's done, I am hoping for the best here. When Miller was healthy and at the top his game he was a solid 3rd pair physical guy that while not great was not a liability either so long as he was not asked to do a whole lot.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Never even once said that. Look you’re getting embarrassed here so I’m gonna do you a solid and stop the fight

You said exactly that in message #73 above? Or is there a glitch?

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 12.57.31 PM.jpg

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Can't blame Miller and his perseverance and dedication to making it back from his injury to Sweeney ineptness and down rate failure of improving the team.
That’s a fair point. Hard to separate the two but important to do so. Well said

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Idk what this proves but I find it hysterical that someone took time to make a Kevan Miller highlight tape

Someone made a Janne Niinimaa highlight video which is 5 minutes of his failures in world championships. And it's a classic.

I like Miller I dont think it's as hysterical as it sounds. He could be good for us.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Someone made a Janne Niinimaa highlight video which is 5 minutes of his failures in world championships. And it's a classic.

I like Miller I dont think it's as hysterical as it sounds. He could be good for us.
I mean maybe I’m off base but a highlight mix for a possible third pairing LD? Idk I guess behind the times

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
If you ask the Leafs, they think Thornton, Spezza and Simmonds are the same players as they were 10yrs ago ;) That makes them STACKED

We are not much better, they way some in here talk you think Miller is Mac's new top left pairing guy.

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The isles now have like 3.9 mil left in cap space with Barzal yet to sign.
The Isles need to move some salary out to make room for Barzal, no better time than the present to make an offer sheet.

Knock,Knock Donny

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The isles now have like 3.9 mil left in cap space with Barzal yet to sign.
The Isles need to move some salary out to make room for Barzal, no better time than the present to make an offer sheet.

Knock,Knock Donny

GM s have this offer sheet thing they could "should" be leveraging but all to weak and no #$lls to act on it!

Would make hockey trades etc much more entertaining.

Reactions: bbfan419

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I think the problem with the offersheet is the draft pick compensations are too high. The team losing the player almost makes out better then they would at the trade deadline. I would like to see the cost go down on this.

ValueCurrentProposed
$0 - $1,439,820
No Compensation

No Compensation
$1,439,821 - $2,181,545
1 Third Round Pick
1 5th Round pick
$2,181,546 - $4,363,095
1 Second Round Pick

1 Third Round Pick
$4,363,096 - $6,544,640
1 First Round Pick, 1 Third Round Pick

1 First Round Pick
$6,544,641 - $8,726,188
1 First Round Pick, 1 Second Round Pick, 1 Third Round Pick
1 First Round Pick, 1 Second Round Pick
$8,726,189 - $10,907,735
2 First Round Picks, 1 Second Round Pick, 1 Third Round Pick
2 First Round Picks
$10,907,736 - ∞
4 First Round Picks
2 First Round Picks, 2 Second Round Picks
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I think the problem with the offersheet is the draft pick compensations are too high. The team losing the player almost makes out better then they would at the trade deadline. I would like to see the cost go down on this.

ValueCurrentProposed
$0 - $1,439,820No CompensationNo Compensation
$1,439,821 - $2,181,5451 Third Round Pick1 5th Round pick
$2,181,546 - $4,363,0951 Second Round Pick1 Third Round Pick
$4,363,096 - $6,544,6401 First Round Pick, 1 Third Round Pick1 First Round Pick
$6,544,641 - $8,726,1881 First Round Pick, 1 Second Round Pick, 1 Third Round Pick1 First Round Pick, 1 Second Round Pick
$8,726,189 - $10,907,7352 First Round Picks, 1 Second Round Pick, 1 Third Round Pick2 First Round Picks
$10,907,736 - ∞4 First Round Picks2 First Round Picks, 2 Second Round Picks
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

For Dubois or Barzal I'd easily give up 2 first a second and a third. The problem is it becomes very cut throat and payback is a big possibility. It would make it a lot more interesting and GM's would need to take care of their own houses earlier and it would give the players leverage and that is exactly what owners and GM's don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad