Boston Bruins 2020-2021 Roster Discussion III - STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Yup. Id take either Tkachuk in a heartbeat. I think Brady is the better one. Tougher more skilled and the kid going to be a perianal 30 + goal score for the next 10-15 years although Matthew isn't to shabby neither, I just feel Brady ceiling is higher.
As soft as we are I would sign Keith. :laugh:

Reactions: duffy and TCB

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Our D corp is so soft and small, need badly Chara for a last dance, Bruins hope Grzelyck take the place of Krug, but i don't think he have the leadership of Krug, Krug was small but not soft, not afraid to hit and let the gloves off, Ho! I forgot our big 6'5'' Carlo who play like a 5'5'' D, so soft have you ever seen him land big body check? Sweeny did nothing to fill the holes on the D corp, do you beleive Zboril, Vaakaneinen can be good replacement? Again they are small D, 6'2'' for Zboril, is he physical D, i dont know much of him...

Reactions: Don Cherry

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Always liked Keith, Whenever he was playing against the rat Ulfie it seemed like he always went out of his way to take that extra shot at him and always tried get Ulfie to go.

My favorite non-Bruin of all time!

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Our D corp is so soft and small, need badly Chara for a last dance, Bruins hope Grzelyck take the place of Krug, but i don't think he have the leadership of Krug, Krug was small but not soft, not afraid to hit and let the gloves off, Ho! I forgot our big 6'5'' Carlo who play like a 5'5'' D, so soft have you ever seen him land big body check? Sweeny did nothing to fill the holes on the D corp, do you beleive Zboril, Vaakaneinen can be good replacement? Again they are small D, 6'2'' for Zboril, is he physical D, i dont know much of him...
This is a giant joke. First off Grzelyck was the Captain of BU his last 2 years just like Krug so saying he doesn't have the leadership of Krug is just flat out wrong. Now about Krug being afraid to hit and fight while Carlo is. Krug had 1 fight and 36 hits this season while Carlo had 1 fight and 126 hits. So yet again you are wrong there. Finally saying that Zboril is small then saying you don't know much about him is just pure ignorance. And by the way he is physical.

BourqueChara

Oct 16, 2020
i would be looking to trade Rask.Not totally hating on the guy but i don't think he ever wins a Cup. Always seems to give up late goals at the end of periods.I would have been all in on Holtby.Anyone think there is a market for Rask?Still liking the versatility of a Granlund or a trade for Killorn from the Bolts.

Reactions: bbfan419

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
This is a giant joke. First off Grzelyck was the Captain of BU his last 2 years just like Krug so saying he doesn't have the leadership of Krug is just flat out wrong. Now about Krug being afraid to hit and fight while Carlo is. Krug had 1 fight and 36 hits this season while Carlo had 1 fight and 126 hits. So yet again you are wrong there. Finally saying that Zboril is small then saying you don't know much about him is just pure ignorance. And by the way he is physical.

Good post...

Didn't the bruins just resign K Miller? Known to be punishing / physical.

Reactions: hrdpuk

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
McAvoy, Lauzon, Carlo, Zboril all play a big strong two way game and I think all those guys will just get stronger and better defensively. I also think all those guys will drop the gloves if needed. Gryz and Clifton are short but both play a very solid defensive game. Miller will add snarl to the line up as well

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
McAvoy, Lauzon, Carlo, Zboril all play a big strong two way game and I think all those guys will just get stronger and better defensively. I also think all those guys will drop the gloves if needed. Gryz and Clifton are short but both play a very solid defensive game. Miller will add snarl to the line up as well
I love our young D core. I say the best in league in terms of age .

Reactions: bbfan419

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm not sure I'd go that far but you make an interesting point.

If evaluating each teams Top 7 D-men from ages 18-26, where would this group rank?

Gryz - 26
Clifton - 25
Carlo - 23
Lauzon - 23
Zboril - 23
McAvoy - 22
Vaakanainen - 21

And it is also worth noting that while still young, three of them are veterans now. Gryz and McAvoy are both almost at 200 GP, Carlo is approaching 300. They are established, bona-fide NHL defensemen at this point.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
I'm not sure I'd go that far but you make an interesting point.

If evaluating each teams Top 7 D-men from ages 18-26, where would this group rank?

Gryz - 26
Clifton - 25
Carlo - 23
Lauzon - 23
Zboril - 23
McAvoy - 22
Vaakanainen - 21
Small D core, was not able to clear front of the net last 2 playoffs run, most of the Tampa goals was deflected in front of the net

Reactions: TCB and capecodder

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
And it is also worth noting that while still young, three of them are veterans now. Gryz and McAvoy are both almost at 200 GP, Carlo is approaching 300. They are established, bona-fide NHL defensemen at this point.

I like that it is a very well rounded group. Lots of different skills, sizes, strengths, etc. All 7 of these guys skate well and have a decent level of skill. They are also bigger and tougher than some are giving them credit for. McAvoy and Clifton aren't huge but force guys to keep their heads up. Lauzon likes the physical side, and from what I've seen of Zboril, he's much stronger than his 6'0 205 frame suggests and lay the boom on guys close to the boards shoulder to shoulder when he wants to. Carlo ain't ever going to be a thumper but he gets a raw deal around here because he's 6'5 but doesn't go around destroying people, same kinda stuff Hal Gill got years ago. Meanwhile both are tremendously effective defensive D-men in their era.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Small D core, was not able to clear front of the net last 2 playoffs run, most of the Tampa goals was deflected in front of the net

Disgree, that's not a small group. I won't claim it is huge, but it's not small and other than Gryz, all bring a physical element to their game to some degree.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
im not expecting a deal of any significance at this point... but I still have hopes.

so im calling to Sweeney.... offer sheet sergachev. im sorry, but tampa is our most legitimate roadblock to cup winning the next couple years. 1 strategic move to both weaken them and address our biggest hole at the same time.

it doesnt even need to actually succeed... simply by forcing tampa to match, we can upset their applecart and cause them to sell for pennies on the dollar a couple of their overpriced depth players that have given them their edge

it wont take much before our depth surpasses theirs if they had to get rid of 2 of their middle 9 forwards.

if boston handshakes with a second team {maybe Columbus?} and one of us offersheets sergachev while the second offer sheets cirelli both on the same day... that would be a cripple blow to tampa

we might actually end up getting our man

there are rules about how much a team can go over the cap in the off-season

if im boston.. I am calling around now to find a home for john moore. I am making an agreement to give up whatever asset is required to move his deal. and then if im certain I can clear that space im offering sergachev just shy of 5 mill on a deal {give him the same deal McAvoy got}

its the single best move we could make at this point to give us our best improved odds at a cup

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
im not expecting a deal of any significance at this point... but I still have hopes.

so im calling to Sweeney.... offer sheet sergachev. im sorry, but tampa is our most legitimate roadblock to cup winning the next couple years. 1 strategic move to both weaken them and address our biggest hole at the same time.

it doesnt even need to actually succeed... simply by forcing tampa to match, we can upset their applecart and cause them to sell for pennies on the dollar a couple of their overpriced depth players that have given them their edge

it wont take much before our depth surpasses theirs if they had to get rid of 2 of their middle 9 forwards.

if boston handshakes with a second team {maybe Columbus?} and one of us offersheets sergachev while the second offer sheets cirelli both on the same day... that would be a cripple blow to tampa

we might actually end up getting our man

there are rules about how much a team can go over the cap in the off-season

if im boston.. I am calling around now to find a home for john moore. I am making an agreement to give up whatever asset is required to move his deal. and then if im certain I can clear that space im offering sergachev just shy of 5 mill on a deal {give him the same deal McAvoy got}

its the single best move we could make at this point to give us our best improved odds at a cup

Here the NHL is in the middle of a global pandemic, no idea when or how the next season will resume, with revenues way down and and a flat cap for several years, and your suggesting offer-sheeting the player of a rival team basically just to mess with them? And to also suggest the Bruins "team-up" with another rival team to ^&*% with TB even more?

How do you think that will actually go over within the small inner circle that is the NHL?

Being a GM/Hockey Exec is all about relationship building, there is a reason why GMs get recycled like Soda Pop cans. Because they are able to step into these roles already having established relationships with other GMs and decision-makers. It's basically an exclusive club.

All Sweeney and his "tag team GM" partner would be doing is **&^%^ off all their other fellow GMs. In the long run do you think that makes their job any easier? Do you think that increases their chances of negotiating trade deals with their fellow GMs?

If you actually trying to acquire the player, that's one thing (although I still think it would be highly frowned upon given the current situation). What would you have to offer Sergachev (or Cirelli) to make TB even flinch?

Because you need over 6.5 million to get the compensation up to a 1st/2nd/3rd.

4.3 to 6.5 only nets a 1st and a 3rd and I don't think that even makes TB flinch, they match that every time. So really you need to crack 6.5 to even make it appear to be a legitimate offer. Under 6.5 and every GM and exec in hockey will know Sweeney (and/or his tag team GM) only made the offer simply to launch a figurative molotov cocktail at TB's salary cap situation, not to actually acquire the player.

It's the single worst move they could make at this point to give them the best improved odds at a cup.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
s$#%^ t luck for some players...hoping he can rebound. Big, good speed/skating, and plays responsible D at the same time able to chip in from time to time.
Getting the old Killer back would be like making a big trade that cost you nothing. He would have been a huge boost to our D and could have moved the big bodies from in front of our net, as opposed to guys who looked like little kids wrestling with their father. He’s had a lot of injury problems, but has had a lot of time to rebound and rehab from the last one. Glass half full; I am hopeful.

Reactions: TobanWest
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad