Boston Bruins 2020-2021 Roster Discussion III - STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
To me it's simple. The Bruins must start with fixing their D. I want size , I want skill and I want a whole lot of snarl. The rest will take care of itself. No more small Dmen, one at most but I prefer none. Players that can defend, play physical, get the puck out and shoot. That's my blueprint. Add whatever else you can to that but get that sorted out 1st.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
To me it's simple. The Bruins must start with fixing their scoring. I want goals, I want skill and a whole lot of secondary scoring. The rest will take care of itself. No more third-liners, none at most. Players that can score, play physical and get the puck out and shoot. That's my blueprint. Add whatever else you can to that but get that sorted out 1st. ;)

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
So if your blueprint is at forward why are you acquiring Dmen?

Mac/Hanifin
Petro/Dillon
Carlo/Lauzon
Chara/Zboril

Bring on whoever, let's do it.

Oh, I'm with you on needing help on D as well but just flat out remove that second pairing from existence on the Bruins and I am happy.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
They defend well by committee. Their D can't score and neither can their 2nd, 3rd or 4th line.

No they don't , not in the PO's they don't . What they do is get overwhelmed. Make the D impenetrable and you have solved all issues, no need to add to the current forward group , you can even spare a part or two.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
No they don't , not in the PO's they don't . What they do is get overwhelmed. Make the D impenetrable and you have solved all issues, no need to add to the current forward group , you can even spare a part or two.

What? That forward group has failed to provide secondary scoring for four years and counting, Bergeron and Krejci are showing signs of aging and you don't see the need to add?

Tampa Bay's D and St.Louis' D shut down the 1st line and the Bruins flat out lost and couldn't score. If the hole on the second line isn't fixed by the start of the season this team should sell it all.

Sell and begin the rebuild because no amount of defence is going to pot the goals they need.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Dabruins

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So if your blueprint is at forward why are you acquiring Dmen?

Mac/Hanifin
Petro/Dillon
Carlo/Lauzon
Chara/Zboril

Bring on whoever, let's do it.

That D-corps will likely run you 28-30 million (Call it 29) That's a lot. Then another 9 million for Rask/Halak, and I think your looking at I think 3.5 million in Backes retained salary + the bonus overages. 31.5 for 46/37/63/88/13.

73 million and you still need 8 forwards. It's a heck of D but it basically handcuffs the Bruins bringing in any help up front.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
That D-corps will likely run you 28-30 million (Call it 29) That's a lot. Then another 9 million for Rask/Halak, and I think your looking at I think 3.5 million in Backes retained salary + the bonus overages. 31.5 for 46/37/63/88/13.

73 million and you still need 8 forwards. It's a heck of D but it basically handcuffs the Bruins bringing in any help up front.

It actually doesn't work. The cap cannot afford that D at all. Not to mention the assets needed to acquire Hanifin.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It actually doesn't work. The cap cannot afford that D at all. Not to mention the assets needed to acquire Hanifin.

I like building a solid D-corps, but if having the league's best D-corps equaled sustained and predictable success then the Nashville Predators would of won a couple cups, at least, by now.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Marchy/Bergy/Pasta
Lucic/Krejci/Kase
Ritchie/Coyle/Stud
Kuraly/TFred/Seny
Wags

Mac/Hanifin
Petro/Dillon
Carlo/Lauzon
Zboril/Chara

Rask/Halak

Trade

Boston/Calgary

To Boston>>>> Lucic,Hanifin 50% retained
To Calgary >>> DeBrusk , Bjork , Lindholm

FA signings

Petro 9M
Dillon 4M
Chara 1.5M >>> .7M+.8M bonus for playing over 10 games

RFA signings

Seny .725/1 last chance.
Zboril .725/1 last chance.

Traded for picks, to take on Backes contract and overages.

Moore
Grizz
Cliffy
Kuhlman

Alternatively we let Chara walk and fill in with Vaak.

Bingo , there it is , Come and try to f*** with us now.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I like building a solid D-corps, but if having the league's best D-corps equaled sustained and predictable success then the Nashville Predators would of won a couple cups, at least, by now.

Agreed. I had to max out the Bruins roster and squeeze every single penny to even be able to add Hanifin and Hall only and it was a huge stretch:

CapFriendly.com Armchair-GM User-Generated Roster
FORWARDS (14)
Right wing: David Pastrnak ($6,666,666) - Anders Bjork ($1,600,000) - Ondrej Kase ($2,600,000) - Chris Wagner ($1,350,000)
Centre: David Krejci ($7,250,000) - Patrice Bergeron ($6,875,000) - Charlie Coyle ($5,250,000) - Sean Kuraly ($1,275,000) - Jakub Lauko ($764,167)
Left wing: Taylor Hall ($8,500,000) - Brad Marchand ($6,125,000) - Trent Frederic ($925,000) - Pär Lindholm ($850,000) - Anton Blidh ($700,000)
DEFENSE (7)
Right: Charlie McAvoy ($4,900,000) - Brandon Carlo ($2,850,000) - Jérémy Lauzon ($850,000)
Left: Noah Hanifin ($4,950,000) - Matt Grzelcyk ($2,250,000) - Jakub Zboril ($850,000) - Connor Clifton ($1,000,000)
GOALTENDER (2)
Tuukka Rask ($7,000,000) - Jaroslav Halák ($2,250,000)
BUYOUTS (1)
Nick Ritchie (-$167,742)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (1)
David Backes ($1,500,000)
DETAILS
Roster Size: 23
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Bonus Overages: $1,928,445
Cap Hit: $80,891,536
Cap Space: $608,464

...and this was with moving out DeBrusk as well. No Dillon and assuming you gave Hall AP's money you still are broke with zero help on forward and DeBrusk gone as well from the forwards.

Dillon, AP and Hanifin in is impossible with the cap.

Reactions: Gordoff

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
What? That forward group has failed to provide secondary scoring for four years and counting, Bergeron and Krejci are showing signs of aging and you don't see the need to add?

Tampa Bay's D and St.Louis' D shut down the 1st line and the Bruins flat out lost and couldn't score. If the hole on the second line isn't fixed by the start of the season this team should sell it all.

Sell and begin the rebuild because no amount of defence is going to pot the goals they need.

We see different things when we watch the Bruins.

Where you see failed secondary scoring, I see failed D.

You mention how Tampa and St. Louis shut down the 1st line , what if we turn the tables?

It starts a D bro, come on , you learn that in peewee.

Reactions: Gordoff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Marchy/Bergy/Pasta
Lucic/Krejci/Kase
Ritchie/Coyle/Stud
Kuraly/TFred/Seny
Wags

Mac/Hanifin
Petro/Dillon
Carlo/Lauzon
Zboril/Chara

Rask/Halak

Trade

Boston/Calgary

FA signings

Petro 9M
Dillon 4M

RFA signings

Seny .725/1 last chance.

Moore
Grizz
Cliffy
Kuhlman

That is the worst forward core in over a decade in Boston, Calgary says no as well.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
We see different things when we watch the Bruins.

Where you see failed secondary scoring, I see failed D.

You mention how Tampa and St. Louis shut down the 1st line , what if we turn the tables?

It starts a D bro, come on , you learn that in peewee.

You have Milan Lucic as your 2nd line LW. You subtracted from the forward core and put him in. Calgary still says no to that trade and has no use for Bjork or Lindholm at all. Zero use whatsoever.

How do I know? I've been talking to them all day and even DeBrusk they don't want for Hanifin.

Why not? LW Tkachuk and LW Gaudreau for starters. I barely convinced some of DeBrusk at the cost of the Bruins adding Lucic.

The cap doesn't work.

I agree about D but the D that are winning have more than one line. No Cup winning team has one forward line. That group up front doesn't get past the first round.

Reactions: bbfan419

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
That is the worst forward core in over a decade in Boston, Calgary says no as well.

1) the forwards don't need to be exceptional.

2) Why does Calgary say no? You gotta give to get. Your taking Lucic contract off their hands your giving them their homeboy Jake , your selling them Bjork for some potential and your throwing in Lindholm for a 4th pairing guy if anything the Bruins are getting the short end here.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I agree with the Hanifin addition OR Pietrangelo but you can't just add both, remove scoring from the forwards and hope the first line scores to win 1-0 each night. Nothing will come from any other line there at all except dashes.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

2) Why does Calgary say no? You gotta give to get. Your taking Lucic contract off their hands your giving them their homeboy Jake , your selling them Bjork for some potential and your throwing in Lindholm for a 4th pairing guy if anything the Bruins are getting the short end here.

They have no cap room or need for anyone you gave them; not a single one. They have their own Lindholm's and Bjork's. Every team does. They move Hanifin and Lucic so they can sign Pietrangelo not have the Bruins do that.

Go ahead and post it on the main board though. Post it over there too.

Now tell me why they trade away Hanifin for a 3rd line LW. Because that's what he is there behind Tkachuk and Gaudreau.

Or better yet, trade Carlo for Virtanen, Baetrschi, and Jordie Benn. Look at that and tell me why you would do the Calgary trade as a fan but not the Vancouver one. This is what you're offering them.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
You have Milan Lucic as your 2nd line LW. You subtracted from the forward core and put him in. Calgary still says no to that trade and has no use for Bjork or Lindholm at all. Zero use whatsoever.

How do I know? I've been talking to them all day and even DeBrusk they don't want for Hanifin.

Why not? LW Tkachuk and LW Gaudreau for starters. I barely convinced some of DeBrusk at the cost of the Bruins adding Lucic.

The cap doesn't work.

I agree about D but the D that are winning have more than one line. No Cup winning team has one forward line. That group up front doesn't get past the first round.

You been talking to them all day? You have been taking to the HF boards managers:laugh:, you know, guys like you and I. GTFO with that.

Not sure they will still have Gaudreau when the dust settles so theres that.......................

How does the cap not work?

they send over Lucic 5.25 and Hanifin 50% retained = 7.75M

They're taking back BeBrusk probably 3.5M, Bjork 1.6 and Lindholm .85M = 5.95

They can turn around and flip anyone of those players if they need too. :huh:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Exceptional? That forward group is bad. It's one line and it is significantly worse (swapping DeBrusk and Bjork for Lucic) than this years forward group. Significantly from a forward group that scored 10 goals in five games against the Lighting and lost in 5.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
You been talking to them all day? You have been taking to the HF boards managers:laugh:, you know, guys like you and I. GTFO with that.

Not sure they will still have Gaudreau when the dust settles so theres that.......................

How does the cap not work?

they send over Lucic 5.25 and Hanifin 50% retained = 7.75M

They're taking back BeBrusk probably 3.5M, Bjork 1.6 and Lindholm .85M = 5.95

They can turn around and flip anyone of those players if they need too. :huh:

Do you take the Vancouver deal or not? You are offering it to them. Do you trade away your one asset (Carlo) for two third liners and a 4th liner? Do you? Oh, and what you get back is in the position that is the strongest position in their entire franchise.

Flip to who? Who wants another teams 3rd and 4th liners for their top trade assets?

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Marchy/Bergy/Pasta
Lucic/Krejci/Kase
Ritchie/Coyle/Stud
Kuraly/TFred/Seny
Wags

Mac/Hanifin
Petro/Dillon
Carlo/Lauzon
Zboril/Chara

Rask/Halak

Trade

Boston/Calgary

FA signings

Petro 9M
Dillon 4M

RFA signings

Seny .725/1 last chance.

Moore
Grizz
Cliffy
Kuhlman

Woof. That team may not score 150 goals on the season. Those second and third lines are atrocious imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad