Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
The bottom line is that since turning pro he hasn't shown much. I hope as much as anyone that he becomes a #1 goalie for us. Local kid, good size, rocks a NHL worthy playoff beard already, etc. I hope that he continues on his current level of play and that he as well as Rodrigue and Konovalov show NHL promise because it's been far too damn long since we've had NHL quality goalies in the system.

Will be interesting to watch. We're a long way from knowing what Skinner will be. In fairness, the guy got the deep end development treatment last year when Bakersfield #1 tender was injured. Kid goes from first year pro in the ECHL to next year a 41 game starter responsibility when Starrett went down. Then this year gets an NHL start when the Smith injury and the whole goalie waiver wack-a-mole happened. He's got ideal size, solid pedigree as a starting keeper at lower levels, and can now settle into some more stable development in the A.

The Oil have burned through mid-late round picks forever it seems hoping the volume approach will unearth a gem. Fingers crossed they might have one in the current prospect pool.

Reactions: Aerchon

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah, I mean 41gp. 0.892sv% and a 3.31GAA last season showed great promise in his game. Or maybe it was his 6gp. 0.879sv% and 2.99GAA that showed great promise the previous season? I personally didn't write him off yet but I did say that he is not close to NHL ready yet and that this is a critical season in his development to show something positive. 5 games in and so far so good, we'll see how things are at the 15-20 game mark. Those are stats that'd make Koskinen blush and IIRC you have ripped on him.
He wasn't as bad as those stats indicate. His team infront of him was terrible last year.

He's still a few years away from even sniffing the NHL though.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Marody named AHL player of the week
Marody named CCM/AHL Player of the Week

Marody-McLeod-Benson is currently the most productive line in the AHL

Marody is 24 and is consistently top 3 on the farm team. Leads the league in scoring, and is primed for the big show. Guy has earned his look in the NHL man. Much rather see him than Devin Shore or Patrick Russell.

I understand McLeod and Benson having to play games instead of taxi, (although I would have Benson in the line up). But Marody is at that age where he's at the crossroads of being a career AHLer or a late rookie NHL ready to bloom. But he needs the chance, a real chance to prove it

Maybe Holland plans to insert at least 2 of 3 of them by next season. Forwards Chiasson, Nygard, P. Russell, Ennis and Haas all UFA's at season's end. Shore an RFA, possible no-qual. offer.
Nuge a UFA too, but I'd be shocked if he didn't extend, and if he doesn't, have a feeling Taylor Hall will come whistling around the corner. Please stay Nuge

Last edited:

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Marody is 24 and is consistently top 3 on the farm team. Leads the league in scoring, and is primed for the big show. Guy has earned his look in the NHL man. Much rather see him than Devin Shore or Patrick Russell.

I understand McLeod and Benson having to play games instead of taxi, (although I would have Benson in the line up). But Marody is at that age where he's at the crossroads of being a career AHLer or a late rookie NHL ready to bloom. But he needs the chance, a real chance to prove it

Maybe Holland plans to insert at least 2 of 3 of them by next season. Forwards Chiasson, Nygard, P. Russell, Ennis and Haas all UFA's at season's end. Shore an RFA, possible no-qual. offer.
Nuge a UFA too, but I'd be shocked if he didn't extend, and if he doesn't, have a feeling Taylor Hall will come whistling around the corner. Please stay Nuge
Benson and Marody both deserve a chance to at least get a look in the NHL. That line of Benson, Mcleod and Marody would be a better 4th line than what we have

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

Well deserved. Marody has been great this season. He's back to old Marody not the sulking version last season. He deserves a few NHL games as a reward but with quarantine that's probably not happening.

Again, if I had to call one player up it would be McLeod as a 4C (if Haas or Khaira got injured). Marody's skating is probably borderline for the NHL. I don't know where he fits since we already have too many forwards.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Well deserved. Marody has been great this season. He's back to old Marody not the sulking version last season. He deserves a few NHL games as a reward but with quarantine that's probably not happening.

Again, if I had to call one player up it would be McLeod as a 4C (if Haas or Khaira got injured). Marody's skating is probably borderline for the NHL. I don't know where he fits since we already have too many forwards.

I don’t know if he was sulking as much as he wasn’t completely recovered from his concussion.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
When do our NCAA prospects start their post seasons? Any of our prospects in Europe whose seasons are already done or close to it?

Reactions: oilers'72

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
When do our NCAA prospects start their post seasons? Any of our prospects in Europe whose seasons are already done or close to it?

Wisconsin plays their first Big Ten tournament game on Monday.
Denver won their conference tournament game today and advanced to the semis I believe?
Not sure about Kesserling and Northeastern. Actually, just checked. They play tomorrow.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Wisconsin plays their first Big Ten tournament game on Monday.
Denver won their conference tournament game today and advanced to the semis I believe?
Not sure about Kesserling and Northeastern.

Awesome! Hopefully Kesselring gets in as well.

The KHL playoffs are going on right now too.

Both CSKA and Lokomotiv swept their 1st round matchup and play each other in the second round starting on the 17th. That's Slepyshev and Maximov vs. Konovalov and Beryozkin.

Is Denezhkin playing too?

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad