OT: 2020-2021 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
When will these programs like Minnesota and SCSU get with the program and go with 200' x 85' ice sheets? Ive never been a fan of the big ice.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Arizona State is in the B1G. I don't know if I get that.

In hindsight, some days I wish I could go back to watching the old WCHA and all the internal MN teams playing eachother more often.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
When will these programs like Minnesota and SCSU get with the program and go with 200' x 85' ice sheets? Ive never been a fan of the big ice.
We can't without building a whole new arena and we don't have the money to do that.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
We can't without building a whole new arena and we don't have the money to do that.

Would it really require a completely new rink, though?

I would think they just need to lower the floor a number of feet and add about 5-10 new rows of seating.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Would it really require a completely new rink, though?

I would think they just need to lower the floor a number of feet and add about 5-10 new rows of seating.
The refrigeration in the building and the water table the building sits on won't allow that. It's been written about before. The Huskies can't go NHL sheet without a new building.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
Gophers got better as the game went on. Not a lot of physical play. Many gophers looked to be going through the motions. Rossini getting regular shifts this afternoon. Maybe his last of the year. Wasn't real impressed especially his gaps.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Did LaFontaine's metal just fall off his skate and then... they just reattached it? o_O Didn't know that was a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad