OT: 2020-2021 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gopher D's first pass sucks. Way too casual getting to the puck, then an ill considered pass after that.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Tarek Baker and Sampo Ranta with goals is the most fitting thing ever. Both committed to the other team and ended on their current team.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Sconny goalie very good today. 16 saves in the 3rd period. Ben Meyers invisible today. Koster had a rough game. First two periods seemed like the Badgers wanted it more. Good game.
Wonder if Rowe gets the start tomorrow. He was great to the end the first half after Beydoun got pulled 2 out of the last 3 games.

Gopher forecheck is really strong. Can definitely see why they are ranked #1.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Weissbach had one of his good games. In general, the WI D is more solid than previously. Not going to light up the scoreboard , but solid.

Gophers looked pretty bad. McClaughlin just doesn't look like a player this year, Walker is snakebit, and Meyer had a rare bad game. Forwards were also giving up the puck way too easily at the other teams blue line. The D wasn't all that good, either, especially the guys coming back from the WJC's. They hold onto the puck too long, for the most part. Too bad about that last giveaway by Koster, who was otherwise reasonably good.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Weissbach had one of his good games. In general, the WI is more solid than previously. Not going to light up the scoreboard , but solid.
They're playing defense and have a pretty darn good goalie. Something I haven't seen in a number of years. The drafted Caufield was an absolute ghost and I got a good chuckle about Posick and Brophy talking about him working on improving his defense. Still needs a lot of work.

Reactions: 57special

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I was surprised to hear that Stejskal is a 21 year old freshman. Has me wondering who is the oldest player in college hockey? Do they get up to age 25?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gopher D has decided to take a page from Suter's book, and be overly deliberate in moving the puck, slowing down a fast team. It's the guys like Lacombe, Johnson, and to a lesser extent, Faber(had a nice assist), not Brinkman and Koster.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
Gophers outplayed again. Lacombe may be good offensively but is terrible in his own end without the puck. Gophers top forwards were brutal all weekend. Right now not a top ten team.

Eden Prairie’s Nicki Leiverman was great all weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad