OT: 2020-2021 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Koster looks good. The Gophers were a bit too cute at times, but they were way too much to handle for an undermanned MI squad. The shots were even, like last night, but wasn't indicative of the play, IMO.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Ben Meyers has been pretty impressive.. Wouldnt mind seeing the Wild sign him after the season.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Wouldn’t mind seeing him play all the way through.

In a perfect world, I would to. My guess is that teams are going to push hard to sign him this summer, though. Especially if he continues playing like he has been.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014

That pass isn't something that you see from freshman

It’s a weird pass. And his reaction after was odd too. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, that he tried it, but that soft a pass, surrounded by so many defenders, hmmmm.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
There's zero backswing or follow through.
Just look at his body language and the way he looks like he is gonna load up for a shot and then it just doesn’t happen. Maybe he is doing a fake shot pass, but it does look like a whiff and just right time right place.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Just look at his body language and the way he looks like he is gonna load up for a shot and then it just doesn’t happen. Maybe he is doing a fake shot pass, but it does look like a whiff and just right time right place.
It is a weird looking pass, so I can see the idea that it didn't happen exactly as planned, but there's no chance that he was trying to shoot that puck. No idea what you're talking about with the "body language" but he doesn't square his body to shoot, doesn't take any backswing, and has zero follow through.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
I actually think McBain’s pass is better. Nesterenko’s back hand sauce on the first Hlusko goal was sweet.

Reactions: MuckOG

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
It is a weird looking pass, so I can see the idea that it didn't happen exactly as planned, but there's no chance that he was trying to shoot that puck. No idea what you're talking about with the "body language" but he doesn't square his body to shoot, doesn't take any backswing, and has zero follow through.
You don’t need a backswing to shoot the puck, it’s the bunting technique where you just bunt at it into the net. Not super powerful but quality snap shot with accuracy. You don’t need to square your body to shoot always but as he was coming in he was squared up to the net and his weight shifted to his right foot which looked a lot like a quick little snap shot that just rolled off his heel wrong and made for a whiff of a good pass.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
You don’t need a backswing to shoot the puck, it’s the bunting technique where you just bunt at it into the net. Not super powerful but quality snap shot with accuracy. You don’t need to square your body to shoot always but as he was coming in he was squared up to the net and his weight shifted to his right foot which looked a lot like a quick little snap shot that just rolled off his heel wrong and made for a whiff of a good pass.
zero chance that was a shot attempt.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Mebbe...and he could be better defensively, worse offensively, Justin Fontaine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->