OT: 2020-2021 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
I don’t think he’s made many improvements. Pretty disappointed actually in Swaney. (Just like I was disappointed with tufte)
Hmmmmm................one was a first round pick, the other a seventh round pick. How can you be disappointed in a seventh round pick that is actually on the prospects radar?

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Hmmmmm................one was a first round pick, the other a seventh round pick. How can you be disappointed in a seventh round pick that is actually on the prospects radar?
Him coming out of the ushl, I thought he was going to be a much better college player is all. He hasn’t exactly lit up college hockey.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Not sure I get the "shades of Mike Peluso" bit, but I'm glad to see Swaney is doing well.

But Mike Peluso? The guy who scored a grand total of 21 goals in 4 years in college and then became an enforcer in the NHL? Weird player for that color guy to compare Swaney to!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There were two Mike Peluso's. One played for Alaska in college, and ended up being a fighter in the NHL, though he was a PPG player in college.

The other was his cousin, about ten years younger;

"Other notable hockey accomplishments: Mike is a top 20 all time scorer in points and a top 10 all time goal scorer at the University of Minnesota Duluth. Mike also holds the North Dakota High School hockey single season scoring record with 99 points in 23 games during the old 15 minute period era.
Peluso represented Team USA at the World Championships in Russia in 2000. He was also a 4 time AHL All Star selection."

Reactions: BagHead

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The gophers have been tremendous this year but from what I’ve seen I think BC is better

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Walker's line starts to click then I'll take the Gophers. So far they have been silent, and Walker looks like he has been playing more or less by himself. Reedy is finally playing like the stud he was in lower levels of hockey, and Meyer looks great. I'm also liking Jaxson Nelson a lot. I'm thinking he can be moved up from the 4th line onto Walker's line.

If Koster continues to develop, and Brinkman stops stumbling around and can be a solid defender, they are loaded on D.

I wouldn't discount the Bulldogs, or the (un)Sioux. They love to beat Minnesota.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Here is the rest of the Gopher hockey schedule

The remaining schedule:
Jan. 3-4: vs. Arizona State*
Jan. 9-10: at Wisconsin
Jan. 15-16: vs. Notre Dame
Jan. 21-22: vs. Arizona State*
Jan. 29-30: at Ohio State
Feb. 5-6: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin
Feb. 12-13: at Notre Dame
Feb. 19-20: vs. Michigan State
Feb. 26-27: at Penn State
March 5-6: vs. Michigan

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Hentges starts and finishes the Huskies big comeback last night. Guy either has a wicked shot, or that was some weak goaltending.

Last edited by a moderator:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Doesn’t look like Lindberg is getting the starts for UMass this season.
Indeed. It appears former Pittsburgh Penguin Matt Murray has stolen his job!:sarcasm:

I haven't been watching their games, just looking at stats, but I did a bit of a deeper dive into those stats. Take that for what it's worth:

Looking at Lindberg and Murray's stats last season, it appears that Lindberg and Murray were a platoon, but Murray is the elder statesman, so he gets the higher number of starts. Lindberg's stats are pretty bad to start this year, thanks to a 6-3 loss to BC, and UMass is leaning more on Murray as he's played farily well, reliably, but right now their Games Started are only 6 to 2. It's entirely possible for Lindberg to get just a couple more starts, and if they're good suddenly he's in the same spot as last year. Lindberg has better stats over time, but Murray is a very consistent .910 goalie that has the occasional .950 game. Coaches like guys like that.

It also appears that Murray isn't really playing any better than last season (his stats are being buoyed by his first game of the season). Murray's a senior and Lindberg's a junior. Don't be shocked to see Murray get at least a couple more games than Lindberg, even though Lindberg has outperformed him since his freshman year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad