Injury Report: 2020-2021 Injury Updates

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
upload_2021-4-5_22-27-30.png

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
whats up with Armia anyways?still recovering from covid?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don’t think Armia quite fills Gallagher’s shoes, but you are right that we should be fine.

Nobody really fills his shoes. Perry does somewhat, but he's already been above and beyond what we could have hoped for.

This is one of those situations where you just hope he will be ready for the playoffs.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Nobody really fills his shoes. Perry does somewhat, but he's already been above and beyond what we could have hoped for.

This is one of those situations where you just hope he will be ready for the playoffs.
We're 5-6 weeks out from playoffs... he'll be ready to go

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Fractured thumb is gonna be before the playoffs. Probably less than a month.

Which is okay considering the likelihood of Calgary catching us before this was something like 1.2% (heard it on the Steve dangle podcast, they were quoting someone else).

So it's okay we have too many bodies atm anyways.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Couldnt be more diabolically different players . One big guy floats around and the little Tasmanian Devil will chew your ankle off for the puck.
Not sure you watch the same team if you are suggesting Armia is a floater.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Is this the third time Gallagher’s had a broken bone in his hand from getting hit by a shot?

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Gally on LTIR per Habs twitter.
Interesting.
Does he need surgery?

mid not, I’m wondering if they’re thinking - we’ll, he could be back in 4 weeks, but if we take our time and make it 5, we get a ton of cap space.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Interesting.
Does he need surgery?

mid not, I’m wondering if they’re thinking - we’ll, he could be back in 4 weeks, but if we take our time and make it 5, we get a ton of cap space.

He might, if its 6+ weeks.

How does cap space and LTIR work in the playoffs?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Still makes no sense they didnt put Chiarot on LTIR for more cap space as well

Im almost positive this means Bergevin goes after a winger at the deadline since Gallagher might not even be out the whole 6 weeks, he wanted that cap room to make a maneuver

Before anyone says "yeah but Armias coming back" HA , Armias probably GONE at the deadline too

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Still makes no sense they didnt put Chiarot on LTIR for more cap space as well

Im almost positive this means Bergevin goes after a winger at the deadline since Gallagher might not even be out the whole 6 weeks, he wanted that cap room to make a maneuver

Before anyone says "yeah but Armias coming back" HA , Armias probably GONE at the deadline too

on the day the player is placed on LTIR. [/QUOTE]
Agreed....yes he was coming back, but they could have saved money on a day to day basis while he was gone.....strange way they took to handle this. I could be wrong, but....

You would be wrong:
LTIR FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
When a player is placed on LTIR, their cap hit remains on the teams cap payroll and it continues to count as it always did. It also does not provide the club with additional cap-space savings that can be banked for future use while the team operates above the salary cap. Instead, LTIR provides relief if the club's averaged club salary, or payroll, begins to exceed the upper limit. The amount of relief that the club receives is calculated

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad