Injury Report: 2020-2021 Injury Updates

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Habs -Jake Evans - concussion, happened 6-2
Jon Merrill - UBI?, out 10 days from 6-8.
Jeff Petry - finger, day to day, happened 6-6)

Laval - Joseph Blandisi - Out for season, Knee, surgery announced May 3rd
Laurent Dauphin - unknown, day to day, happened 4-23
Michael Pezzetta - Facial fracture, 4 weeks as of May 3rd
Ryan Poehling - wrist, out for season
Joel Teasdale - Out for season, Knee, happened 4-23, surgery announced May 3rd

Prospects - Kaiden Guhle - out for season, hand, happened 3-14
Rhett Pitlick - unknown, day to day, happened 4-9
Brett Stapley - out for season, happened 1-18

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
preseason just started, they still have over a month before the season starts, there's no need to rush him back. Just needs to stay healthy once the season starts. But hopefully he was able to get in enough training in the off-season with his knee.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
preseason just started, they still have over a month before the season starts, there's no need to rush him back. Just needs to stay healthy once the season starts. But hopefully he was able to get in enough training in the off-season with his knee.
The guy has barely played for 2 years. His career is pretty much done. He’s missed too much development time. As for Olafsson, I never expected much from him anyway. These are 2 guys who’ll probably never be in NA

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The guy has barely played for 2 years. His career is pretty much done. He’s missed too much development time. As for Olafsson, I never expected much from him anyway. These are 2 guys who’ll probably never be in NA

well there's no harm in seeing how he does this year, if he plays well and stays healthy then you have a decision to make before June.

Olofsson has certainly had some tough luck injury wise but I would be willing to bet he will be in the NHL at some point even if it's just a cup of coffee as he's got the tools to be at least a DLR type. Young, big, fast, solid two way forwards are going to be of some interest, we need to see how he can develop his offensive game but we don't need to sign him until June of '22 so there's time.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ikonen's team has a preseason game tomorrow afternoon, if he doesn't play I hope they can give some update on when they expect him to since the season will be less then a month from starting.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
EZmdhh-WoAUH4NN

The Champions Hockey League draw has taken place.

- Olofsson and Skelleftea will take on EV Zug from Swizerland.

- Norlinder and Frolunda will take on HC Neman Grodno from Belarus.

- Ikonen and Ilves will take on Red Bull Munich from Germany.

Ikonen 100% healthy again? Hope he stay healthy cause I want to know who he really is

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The latest I found regarding Ikonen was from Grant McCagg on September 12th:

I asked earlier today some of the people I know give us info on European players, so I will come back if I get any update.

Reactions: Lshap

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The latest I found regarding Ikonen was from Grant McCagg on September 12th:

I asked earlier today some of the people I know give us info on European players, so I will come back if I get any update.

Man this sucks. Like Juulsen, I had hope for him, if not for the injuries. Gotta hope he can recover at some point.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Well we can scratch Ikonen now in the prospect list. Though I think that nobody was speaking about him really lately.

Since being drafted, he's played a total of 65 games in the last three years. And 52 of those games came in 2017-18 (the year after he was drafted). So the last two years, he played a total of 13 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad