Speculation: 2020-2021 General Lightning Discussion - Defending Champions Edition: Part 2

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I was considering changing my name to "Ricky LaFleur" or "J Roc Baby" in honor of Trailer Park Boys if I didn't go back to the Always Sunny name. But good lord I may have to settle for just "Sodium Chloride"

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

seems like the dam is breaking. The Solar Bears play in an NBA building too, so they don't do anything without the Magic approving it.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I just want to point out the Lightning are cheaters even in my current EHM game. I'm playing as Arizona, and have at no point managed any team within the Lightning organization with my current save file.

My strategy with AZ has been to build from within, and leave the tactics to the AI, as single player gets far too easy if you start messing with tactics. (or you get too aggressive with trading)

Since I started this save file, the Lightning have won the cup every year, adding another 4 cups to the one in 2020. Bad moves, doesn't matter. They steamroll everyone in the playoffs. They traded me Sergachev for Ryan Strome. Didn't matter. They waived McD, Foote, and Cirelli all to Minnesota during a playoff run (?). Didn't matter.

They were never able to find a taker for TJ though. They've also got Mackenzie Weegar as their #2 defenseman.

edit: they can't keep getting away with this. After Coop was fired mid-season, the team rallied to win a 6th straight. 5th in-game. TJ also had his number retired despite being waived twice a season and playing for the Crunch quite a bit.

edit2: once again. Even after losing Hedman and Palat to free agency. I have no real ambition at this point to win with the Coyotes. I just want to see how many cups the AI can rack up for TB.

Last edited:

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Our boys are going to have to up their playoff beards. John Daly on the PGA Tour is winning:

daly.jpg

Reactions: Major4Boarding

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
So I didn't watch the game yesterday on account of being on a boat. Here's what I got from the Playoff thread on the main board: "Your team is dirty." "No u." "If my team was exactly not the way that it is, we would be winning." Did I miss anything?

Reactions: Hoek

DMXATF23

Mar 9, 2004
St. Petersburg, FL
So I didn't watch the game yesterday on account of being on a boat. Here's what I got from the Playoff thread on the main board: "Your team is dirty." "No u." "If my team was exactly not the way that it is, we would be winning." Did I miss anything?
Yes, the Panthers somehow outplayed us despite losing by 4 and scoring only with a man advantage.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Nashville doing the Lord's work
Really hope Nashville can take them down. Would make our life a whole lot easier. Now that the Caps are done the only teams I wouldn't feel 100% confident facing are Colorado and Vegas. Bruins, pfft easy. Pittsburgh ain't that good and we already showed we can take care of the Islanders. North, lol don't even bother mentioning it.

OdinsFury

Oct 2, 2020
Really hope Nashville can take them down. Would make our life a whole lot easier. Now that the Caps are done the only teams I wouldn't feel 100% confident facing are Colorado and Vegas. Bruins, pfft easy. Pittsburgh ain't that good and we already showed we can take care of the Islanders. North, lol don't even bother mentioning it.
Im not so sure about facing Nashville- we had more fights with them during the reg season than we did with the Panthers. After facing Panthers and then playing Preds, not sure we would have many healthy players left for semifinals. Our 2015 Cup run was derailed more by injury than they were by the Blackhawks. I agree about Vegas and Colorado being the two best teams out there but we would only have to face one of them if we get that far!

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think the scare with Nashville is that if they advance it means Saros is still playing really hot. Of course that doesn't preclude him from cooling off next series.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Any playoff series can turn on a dime thanks to a hot goalie. Just not worth the mental energy. Khudobin was hot last year, until he wasn't. I'll take my chances with Saros and their roster over Carolina, though I would expect us to beat either.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

the defending Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning are the only team so far to confirm fully vaccinated status.

The only way to get vaccinated that fast would be an injection directly into an arm muscle. Cheaters.

No one cries at the sight of needles and, you know what, prefers eating outdoors? Not one? Just me?

edit: Oh, it just must be me then who *likes* to eat outside like a wild animal in the muggy, 95 degree heat, catching the occasional whiff of a damp dumpster while I can see my group inside smiling and laughing. Always with their smiles.

The wait staff forgetting about you because you're the only one sitting on the curb. And no, tipping or not doesn't play a factor (I do not).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad