Speculation: 2020-2021 General Lightning Discussion - Defending Champions Edition: Part 2

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
So with Hedman requiring surgery do you think we’ll escape cap hell one more season? :naughty:
This offseason we will still get rid of at least 1 deadweight, not only because cap hell but also because the rookies primed to get a spot on the top team are many

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So with Hedman requiring surgery do you think we’ll escape cap hell one more season? :naughty:

When you consider that the playoffs started a little later than usual and a big deal surgery may have him miss some time I'd say Hedman needs to do the right thing and shut it down now so we can f*** ourselves into oblivion and make the haters happy

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
#VictorEGreenIsOverParty

Just screams for this.

kzC3K

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I missed the playoffs. Glad they're back - regular season is boring.

For some reason, despite only being 56 games, this season felt like it drug out more than normal. Maybe it was the schedule where you were playing the same handful of teams, but it was just boring.
Yeah. And it just felt like nothing was a true indicator of how we might do in the playoffs.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I missed the playoffs. Glad they're back - regular season is boring.

For some reason, despite only being 56 games, this season felt like it drug out more than normal. Maybe it was the schedule where you were playing the same handful of teams, but it was just boring.
Yeah this! Didn’t help that we couldn’t watch the Kucherov show for 56. And the team missed the playoffs too!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
This is so incredibly dumb that this question is even being asked. So much for the athletic getting away from click bait articles

Is hockey played with sticks and a puck? Social media needs to know. We asked coaches from around the league and nhl officials on these claims. My column here:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
This is so incredibly dumb that this question is even being asked. So much for the athletic getting away from click bait articles

Is hockey played with sticks and a puck? Social media needs to know. We asked coaches from around the league and nhl officials on these claims. My column here:

Even worse that one of the big 3 (BobMac, Friedman, LeBrun) is doing it.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Even worse that one of the big 3 (BobMac, Friedman, LeBrun) is doing it.
Very frustrating. I don’t like the timing of it and again, I don’t know why this is being posed as a question and not just stated as an out right fact. Educate people, but don’t make it seem like it’s up for discussion. It’s not. It was fine in early January and Kuch having a good game doesn’t change that 4 months later.

Reactions: Hoek

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Very frustrating. I don’t like the timing of it and again, I don’t know why this is being posed as a question and not just stated as an out right fact. Educate people, but don’t make it seem like it’s up for discussion. It’s not. It was fine in early January and Kuch having a good game doesn’t change that 4 months later.

Gimmicky and extremely sub-par for Pierre. I feel shame just looking at the post let alone the article.

The guys on NHLN Radio (The Point Show) the other day summed it up for the "confused" folks in a single 4 minute segment. The main line was (paraphrasing), without Kucherov, the Tampa Bay Lightning were still on pace (until their hiccup the last two weeks of the season) to win the division... and in a full 82-game season reach 110 points. So where's the shenanigans?

Reactions: Hoek

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
When you consider that the playoffs started a little later than usual and a big deal surgery may have him miss some time I'd say Hedman needs to do the right thing and shut it down now so we can f*** ourselves into oblivion and make the haters happy

No, he'll just get surgery on day 0 of the 2021-22 reg season so we can keep the circumvention train chugging along.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad