2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Caufield with the hat trick. Now at 8 pts (4G, 4A) in 6 GP.

Meanwhile, Gorniak with an assist tonight, bringing his season totals so far to 4 pts (1G, 3A) in 6 GP.
60% of last year's production in 25% of the games :laugh:

This guy clearly has limited potential but hopefully he keeps this up and can become a useful bottom 6 player in the future.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
:habs

Prospect Seasons So Far

- EUROPE -

Alexander Gordin (MHL - SKA-1946) : 16 pts (8G, 8A) in 17 GP
Jan Mysak (Czech Extraliga - HC Litvinov) : 0 pts in 7 GP
Mattias Norlinder (SHL - Frolunda) : 3 pts (1G, 2A) in 13 GP
Jacob Olofsson (SHL - Skelleftea) : 2 pts (1G, 1A) in 16 GP
*Now with Timra IK in AllSvenskan*
Lukas Vejdemo (AllSvenskan - Sodertalje) : 10 pts (2G, 8A) in 15 GP
Jesse Ylonen (Liiga - Pelicans) : 4 pts (3G, 3A) in 17 GP
Otto Leskinen (Liiga - KalPa) : 9 pts (4G, 5A) in 15 GP
Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Liiga - Assat) : 8 pts (2G, 6A) in 10 GP *Loan has ended*
Hayden Verbeek (Slovak Extraliga - Banska Bystrica) : 2 pts (2G, 0A) in 4 GP *Loan has ended*

Frederik Dichow (Denmark - Rungsted) : .957 SV% in 3 GP

- NORTH AMERICA -

Cole Caufield (NCAA - Wisconsin) : 8 pts (4G, 4A) in 6 GP
Jack Gorniak (NCAA - Wisconsin) : 4 pts (1G, 3A) in 6 GP
Arvid Henrikson (NCAA - Lake Superior) : 0 pts in 2 GP

Sean Farrel (USHL - Chicago) : 5 pts (3G, 2A) in 3 GP
Jack Smith (USHL - Sioux Falls) : 3 pts (1G, 2A) in 4 GP
Rhett Pitlick (USHL - Muskegon) : 1 pt (0G, 1A) in 3 GP

Jakub Dobes (USHL - Omaha) : 1.61 GAA & .939 SV% in 4 GP

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Only USHL prospects in action tonight.

Farrel, Dobes, and Smith all in action and all of them at 8PM ET.

Vejdemo was scheduled to play today but his team's game has been postponed.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just got done watching Farrell's game from Friday night, he scored a goal on a nice setup from Dowd, a tap in goal. He had several good passes that just didn't get converted, but as i said in the draft thread it's hard to get a read on him when in the first 2 games of the season his team has put up 14 or so goals.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just got done watching Dobes vs Smith from Saturday night, there were technical difficulties so I missed a chunk of the 1st which happened to be when Smith picked up his assist and when Dobes entered the game as the starter gave up 2 quick ones early in and got pulled.

Dobes once again impressed, i'm not great with goalies at all, he was aggressive in his puck handling again, also showed he's hot under the collar again as he got into it with an opposing player for bumping him and later wasn't happy when his hand got bumped.

He currently leads the USHL with a .939 save % and a 1.61 gaa (that's current, I haven't seen all of his games yet) but of course it's very early in the season but you can't help but wonder if the Habs might have another Primeau like steal on their hands, time will tell of course and next year will be the real test at Ohio State but it's a very good sign that he's going to a top 20 program ala Primeau (but clearly not on the same level since he'll be 20 as a Freshman)

Smith made some good plays, nothing fancy, and clearly needs to bulk up and add strength especially lower body.

I put this together as a bit of game highlights between the 2, Smith is#20 white, Dobes #71 black, waited until all the technical problems were over but it's still a little long,

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just got done watching Jack Smith from 2 days ago, no pts but some close chances. He was once again on the top line and PP while on the PK as well so he's getting a lot of good TOI but his team isn't scoring like Farrell's or Pitlick's as they have 14 g in 5 games so far.

some looks at him blocking a shot (not sure if or where it hit him but he went down hard), several nice passes and some chances on the PP,

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Just got done watching Jack Smith from 2 days ago, no pts but some close chances. He was once again on the top line and PP while on the PK as well so he's getting a lot of good TOI but his team isn't scoring like Farrell's or Pitlick's as they have 14 g in 5 games so far.

some looks at him blocking a shot (not sure if or where it hit him but he went down hard), several nice passes and some chances on the PP,

I'm liking him more and more as I get to watch more of him. As far as super long term project goes we may have something with him. Ditto Dobes really. It's definitely not a situation like with Hendrikson or Kloberstein where you know right away there's no substance there at all.

Last edited:

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
I'm liking him more and more as I get to watch more of him. As far as super long term project goes we may have something with him. Ditto Dobes really. It's definitely not a situation like with Hendrikson or Kloberstein where you know right away there's not substance there at all.
Agreed. Smith is definitely a pass-first player - hope he works on his shot to make him a multi-threat... though he seems to process the game very well

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm liking him more and more as I get to watch more of him. As far as super long term project goes we may have something with him. Ditto Dobes really. It's definitely not a situation like with Hendrikson or Kloberstein where you know right away there's no substance there at all.

he needs to shoot more, will be very interesting to see him next year at UMD where he hopefully adds mass and strength especially lower body. I'd like to see him skater harder too, coasts a bit too much at times for my liking.

Dobes i'm really impressed with although it's very early and his team looks like they could be one of the best. Having former Hab David Wilkie as his coach might be helping the D as so far he hasn't had to stand on his head so we'll see as the season goes on what happens. I had hoped that his play might get the attention of the Czech team since he's the top goalie in the USHL so far

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
just finished up watching Farrell from 2 days ago, finally got caught up on all the USHL games I believe but then got this weekends games but this is my last week of having access to the games.

he had 3 pts but it was another high scoring game as his line drove most of the offense but also was getting scored on.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Watched Jack Smith's game it's just about over, he had some chances off some nice passes but no luck. Once again his team just fell apart at the end, they had a 3-1 lead and late in the 3rd they gave up 3 goals in 2 mins. One was on Smith as he was late to getting to his man.

One play that was nice that had his linemate not flubbed it, had he scored it would have been a highlight reel goal,

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Alexander Gordin had a goal today in a 3-2 OT loss.

He had:
1 goal / 4 SOG / -1 / 1 block / 15:45 TOI. He also missed his two shootout attempts.

He now has 18 pts (10G, 8A) in 19 GP.

Reactions: Wats

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
:habs

Prospect Seasons So Far

- EUROPE -

Alexander Gordin (MHL - SKA-1946) : 18 pts (10G, 8A) in 19 GP
Jan Mysak (Czech Extraliga - HC Litvinov) : 0 pts in 9 GP
Mattias Norlinder (SHL - Frolunda) : 3 pts (1G, 2A) in 14 GP
Jacob Olofsson (AllSvenskan - Timra IK : 0 pts in 1 GP
Lukas Vejdemo (AllSvenskan - Sodertalje) : 10 pts (2G, 8A) in 16 GP
Jesse Ylonen (Liiga - Pelicans) : 5 pts (3G, 1A) in 19 GP
Otto Leskinen (Liiga - KalPa) : 10 pts (4G, 6A) in 17 GP

Frederik Dichow (Denmark - Rungsted) : .957 SV% in 3 GP

- NORTH AMERICA -

Cole Caufield (NCAA - Wisconsin) : 8 pts (4G, 4A) in 8 GP
Jack Gorniak (NCAA - Wisconsin) : 5 pts (2G, 3A) in 8 GP
Arvid Henrikson (NCAA - Lake Superior) : 0 pts in 4 GP

Sean Farrel (USHL - Chicago) : 11 pts (6G, 5A) in 6 GP
Jack Smith (USHL - Sioux Falls) : 3 pts (1G, 2A) in 7 GP
Rhett Pitlick (USHL - Muskegon) : 1 pt (0G, 1A) in 3 GP

Jakub Dobes (USHL - Omaha) : 1.76 GAA & .929 SV% in 6 GP

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Pretty underwhelming stats for our prospect pool so far. Except Farrel and the 2 Goalies.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
From following Habs Twitter I was under the impression Norlinder and Ylonen were tearing it up. Obviously stats arent everything but these seem like pretty underwhelming numbers to me for these two who are considered pretty solid prospects and are being hyped up

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Pretty underwhelming stats for our prospect pool so far. Except Farrel and the 2 Goalies.

Agreed, was nice to see that week Kotkaniemi was putting up points and Caufield hattrick. Maybe I'm misremembering but feel like 10 years ago, every day there will be Habs prospects doing well somewhere. Was way more fun to follow. Even the AHL team would have prospects doing well. Nowadays it's usually the sentiment, 'wait until they're in NHL, that's when they'll have proper linemates etc'.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watching Norlinder as I missed his first game back, nothing doing as his team is losing 1-0 after 1. Here's play he made but lost the puck,

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I had to do some work and just turned Norlinder's game back on and his team is getting smoked 6-0, ouch. Norlinder is a -2 but I only saw 2 of the 6 goals and he wasn't on for either of those.

Oh well, on to watching Blake Biondi's NCAA debut in 2 hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad