2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Mysak is something special. I saw him few games and you don’t need to watch 10 games to know thats he is a really high skill player. I think his game will translate well in the nhl, he has skill, yes. But he seem to have no fear to go in the corner and we see him lose the puck. Go back check and take it back. He seem to make all Small details.

Reactions: angusyoung

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Brook tested positive for COVID which is why he has yet to play.

Otherwise a breakdown on numbers for our Euro prospects:
KK has 34 SOGs in 7 GP (almost 5 shots per game on avg)
Ylonen has 49 SOGs in 14 GP (3+ shots per game) with 14 minutes of ice time on average.
Leskinen has 39 SOGs in 11 GP (3+ shots per game), pretty good for a D.
Vejdemo has 25 SOGS in 12 GP, would be nice if it's a sign of things to come since he had 81 SOGs in 47 GP last year.
Olofsson has 15 SOGs in 14 GP, that's not good for a forward. His ice time has been declining big time too.
Gordin has 43 SOGs in 13 GP.
Mysak has 3 SOGS in 3 GP. Could be improved too.

Norlinder is week-to-week, had 26 SOGs in 13 GP.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Brook tested positive for COVID which is why he has yet to play.

Otherwise a breakdown on numbers for our Euro prospects:
KK has 34 SOGs in 7 GP (almost 5 shots per game on avg)
Ylonen has 49 SOGs in 14 GP (3+ shots per game) with 14 minutes of ice time on average.
Leskinen has 39 SOGs in 11 GP (3+ shots per game), pretty good for a D.
Vejdemo has 25 SOGS in 12 GP, would be nice if it's a sign of things to come since he had 81 SOGs in 47 GP last year.
Olofsson has 15 SOGs in 14 GP, that's not good for a forward. His ice time has been declining big time too.
Gordin has 43 SOGs in 13 GP.
Mysak has 3 SOGS in 3 GP. Could be improved too.

Norlinder is week-to-week, had 26 SOGs in 13 GP.

There is a report that Olofsson will head back to his old team, Timra IK of the Allsvenskan. He is not in the line-up for Skelleftea today.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
It’s hard to say with a straight face, but Mysak works his ass off and although his skating is a bit...Czech, he gets the job done. Coupled with that skill level, I have to say he’s one of my favourite prospects in our stable. Wouldn’t have been surprised to see him flirt with a 100 point season alongside Kaliyev.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Mysak reminds me of Lehkonen.

Same size, good motor, good defensively and not sure about his offensive skill will translate in the NHL.
I saw few deke or offensive touch of Mysak in 3 games thats i never saw in 6 years with lehkonen. They are both they are playing with competivness. But offensively, mysak has a better tools imo. I would compare him more like Tatar than lehkonen

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I just got around to watching Dobes first game of the season from Friday night. He stopped 24 of 25, but wasn't tested very much at all. The one goal he gave up was on a 5 minute PP. He had some rebound control problems but the puck didn't spend a lot of time in his own end.

Reactions: Frank JT

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just got done watching Farrell's 1st game of the season from Saturday night vs Pitlick. Holy cow was that game nuts, in what I assume are going to be 2 of the top offenses in the USHL as these 2 teams went at it trading goals like boxers trade haymakers. It was a 10-8 game so hard to really say much in these kind of wide open games.

Farrell had 4 pts, was really moving the puck well out there, on the PP he was taking draws. He is on the top line and top PP as you would expect after being tied for the league lead in assists last year and at one point he was leading the league in points. He's not tall but looks smart and has impressive vision/playmaking. He did snipe a nice one so he seems to have at least a decent shot.

Pitlick though was just ok, not very noticeable and it's disturbing that in a game where his team scores 10 goals he can't even get a point. Now maybe the change in position is effecting him, maybe the diminished role isn't helping either as he went from being on the top line and top PP last year to the 3rd line and 2nd PP unit. Made some nice passes and his linemates are putting up the points. His team is like watching the leafs, in 3 games they have scored a jaw dropping 19 goals but have given up 16, yikes.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Just got done watching Farrell's 1st game of the season from Saturday night vs Pitlick. Holy cow was that game nuts, in what I assume are going to be 2 of the top offenses in the USHL as these 2 teams went at it trading goals like boxers trade haymakers. It was a 10-8 game so hard to really say much in these kind of wide open games.

Farrell had 4 pts, was really moving the puck well out there, on the PP he was taking draws. He is on the top line and top PP as you would expect after being tied for the league lead in assists last year and at one point he was leading the league in points. He's not tall but looks smart and has impressive vision/playmaking. He did snipe a nice one so he seems to have at least a decent shot.

Pitlick though was just ok, not very noticeable and it's disturbing that in a game where his team scores 10 goals he can't even get a point. Now maybe the change in position is effecting him, maybe the diminished role isn't helping either as he went from being on the top line and top PP last year to the 3rd line and 2nd PP unit. Made some nice passes and his linemates are putting up the points. His team is like watching the leafs, in 3 games they have scored a jaw dropping 19 goals but have given up 16, yikes.
Farrell is no NHL name, Bust!

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
So was Subban. Yet now there is 2 NHL players including a Norris winner and two others who played pro hockey (plus 1 in a women hockey league). ;)
As if you dont need an NHL name to be a star in the NHL?? Blasphemy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad