2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
We got to celebrate. It's not every season that we can have this type of accomplishment from a prospect. I compare this to a solar eclipse.

In my memory, the last time a Baby Hab had 100 PTS was Kostitsyn with the London Knights. It's been while tho...
Got excited until i just found out he is 5'9.....

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
We got to celebrate. It's not every season that we can have this type of accomplishment from a prospect. I compare this to a solar eclipse.

In my memory, the last time a Baby Hab had 100 PTS was Kostitsyn with the London Knights. It's been while tho...
It's all circumstancial tho. Galchenyuk would probably have hit that if he'd finish his last season in the OHL and Farrell would have played for Harvard this year if it wasn't of that ****ing pandemic.

That being said, I can't wait to see what he does in the NCAA next year!

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Got excited until i just found out he is 5'9.....
5-10, 177, according to Steel lineup card. About the same size as Gallagher and Tatar. Bigger than the next (not so big) thing, Cole Caufield, and the guy who broke the Hab's back last night, John Gaudreau.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I talked up Dobes a lot, he started out great, then it looks like he hit a wall, and now he's finished the season on fire. Most of the games i've seen of him this year where early on in the season and I suggested that being the league leader in mins by a good bit perhaps was a reason why he seemed to have hit a wall. But as good as he was to start the season and even when struggling some, he never had a shutout, but in April he's now had 2 and in this month he's let in just 12 goals over 7 games, with only 2 games did he let in more then 2 goals.

Dobes finished the regular season,

lead the league in mins played (2588)
tied for 1st in wins (26)
3rd in save % (.908)
4th in gaa (2.48)
tied for 4th in SO (2)

Only 1 goalie was really close in mins played, aside from Dobes, only 2 other goalies played more then 2181.

He went 6-0-1 in the month of April. (12 ga)
March he was 4-4-1 (29 ga)
Feb he was 4-2-1 (22 ga)
Jan he was 4-5 (21 ga)
Dec he was 4-3 (13 ga)
Nov he was 4-2 (10 ga)

The 2 goalies ahead of him in Save% and the 3 in gaa, all were a year older as they all turn 21 next month or in Aug. Dobes turns 20 next month, so oddly enough, the top 4 goalies in the USHL, 3 of them were all born in May.

3 goalies tied for 1st in SO's with 3, 5 had 2

We'll see how the playoffs go but the real test will be how much net does he get at Ohio State next year.

But here's one thing to consider about his season. So the USHL is broken up into 2 conferences East and West. Due to covid they only played conference games. The West had the 2 best teams in the league in the Steel (Farrell) and Lumberjacks (Pitlick's team before trade). Out of the 6 teams in the West, 5 over 54 games all averaged over 200 goals. Youngstown was by far the worst team in the USHL but having to go up against such high scoring teams every night explains that.

In the East the best team if they played 54 games would likely have scored around 184 goal, the rest of the teams were in the 160-170ish goals per game if they played 54. The top 4 goalies in the USHL all were from the East. So the big question is how would they have done vs the West since they had the high powered offense. The top 4 scorers in the USHL were all from the Steel, the top 10 had 7 from the Steel and Lumberjacks.

Reactions: Fenris and Sagikev

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Jack Smith's season looks like it can be broken up like this,

His final 20 games of the season vs the rest,

20-5-2-7 +1 44 pims
27-2-4-6 -7 16 pims

so it was rumored that he was battling a wrist injury early on in the season, I compared his shot from last year to early this year and it looked to be true but it's all just speculation at this point. After scoring a goal in his first game, he had one in the next 26 and then after 2 injuries where he was out for 2 weeks and then 1 week (unknown what those injuries were) he gets 5 goals in 20 games.

5 goals in 20 games is a .25 goals per game, which over the 47 games he played would still but just 12 goals which would still be terrible but look a bit better then the 7 he had.

So what went wrong, either it was just a horrible, horrible pick, or the guy that scored 27 goals in 17 games for SCC in the top division of the top league in the USHS imo (though I would look to look into that again as I used to watch Minnesota USHS games back when I had direct.tv but that was back in the David Fischer, Ryan McDonagh days) either the wrist was a big issue for him or he just isn't very good. What UMD does with him will be very telling, if he's there next year or back in the USHL to see if he can bounce back.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Tri-City play their first game of the post-season on the 30th against Fargo Force. Pitlick didn't play the last little while due to injury. I don't know if he'll be good to go in time for the playoffs.

Ez6Kh1sXIAgvFHL

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Norlinder listed on the 3rd pair for today's exhibition game vs Denmark for the WC's. Game starts at 2 pm, will try and post a vid if there's anything worth making one.

E0EDypwXoAQ23e0

Reactions: Doc5

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Norlinder listed on the 3rd pair for today's exhibition game vs Denmark for the WC's. Game starts at 2 pm, will try and post a vid if there's anything worth making one.

E0EDypwXoAQ23e0
Where are those highly touted Prospects Seider and Lundkvist?

Edit:
Just realized Seider is German, him playing in Sweden confused me

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Norlinder listed as the 7th D today, Dichow is listed as the backup for Denmark. Really busy with work and the phillies so don't think i will get to see much of this. Denmark is already up 1-0 and the game just started.

Reactions: Fenris and bopeep

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

E0EDypwXoAQ23e0

That's not our olofsson is it?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Watched Dobes make his USHL playoff debut, his team lost 2-0 at home in the series opener.

So if you saw some of the clips I posted of him early in the season, where I talked about/showed how he can be a real hot head if he gets bumped, but this time around instead of pulling a Hextall he tried his hand at acting by selling a call but no luck. He stopped 17 of 19 so not a bad night.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Chicago is up 6-1 against Dubuque in the 3rd period. Farrell has a goal and an assist so far. His first goal and first assist of the playoffs.

He was held pointless last night in Game 1. Chicago won that one 2-1.

If Chicago wins tonight, which barring any collapse in the final minutes of the game, Chicago will eliminate Dubuque and advance to the second round. USHL first and second rounds are Best-of-3. The final will be a Best-of-5.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
He had a great year in the Swiss league this year. He must be making big money (by real world standards).

Likely north of $350,000 CHF.

IIRC the biggest names in the Swiss League are pulling around $500,000 CHF.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Chicago is playing Game 1 of their Conference Final Series against Muskegon. Muskegon is up 2-1 after 2 periods.

Farrell has an assist on the lone Steel goal so far. He now has 3 pts (1G, 2A) in 3 playoff games.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Fairbrother 2 a, +2, 4 shots, 7 pims last night

he's cooled off after his hot start but still leads his team in assists and points for defensemen while being 3rd OA in assists on the team. His 17 assists put him in a tie for 9th OA among all WHL defensemen in points, and tied for 6th OA in assists among all blueliners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad