2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
As Norlinder's team advanced from the play ins to the playoffs, they will start their best of 7 series on Saturday vs Rogle the 2nd placed team. That's the team that wanted to sign Caufield before the NCAA season started.

Reactions: KKWG11

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
didn't watch the game today but Norlinder's team got smoked 4-0 in game 1 of the playoffs (last series was the play ins).

0 pts, Even, 1 shot, 17:15.

So in the last 4 games, 3 of them he's played over 17 mins but the game he gets 2 goals he played less then 15. Should be an interesting series as Frolunda will have their hands full trying to get past the top scoring team in the SHL. Just think if they had been able to convince Caufield, they would have been unstoppable offensively.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
didn't watch the game today but Norlinder's team got smoked 4-0 in game 1 of the playoffs (last series was the play ins).

0 pts, Even, 1 shot, 17:15.

So in the last 4 games, 3 of them he's played over 17 mins but the game he gets 2 goals he played less then 15. Should be an interesting series as Frolunda will have their hands full trying to get past the top scoring team in the SHL. Just think if they had been able to convince Caufield, they would have been unstoppable offensively.

I'll take it. Play 17 minutes in a game where your team loses 4 0 and come out even. Sounds like he had a solid but unspectacular game.

Reactions: bopeep

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Has Norlinder ever been at the wing in pro-hockey?

I'm a fan of giving him a try. He'll be an inmense contributor on offense. And he'll be helping with defensive tasks as he already played at that position. He's going to be a complete player.

He was a centerman back in the days. That explains me why he's excelling offensively.

In soccer, left backs can be converted as wingers. In hockey, that's another story. Different sports...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
While it's been a terrible season for Jack Smith, one odd thing is that he's 3rd on the team in pims as he got 15 and a game last night for the 2nd time this season. I noticed in his USHS games he had some bite to his game, which was a little surprising since he's on the skinny side as he has that kind of Jake Evans frame at the same age. I thought it was a little odd that UMD wanted him as they have some big bodies forwards that play a heavy, aggressive game and he seems more like a sniper that will mix it up and go to the dirty areas.

Reactions: bopeep

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
While it's been a terrible season for Jack Smith, one odd thing is that he's 3rd on the team in pims as he got 15 and a game last night for the 2nd time this season. I noticed in his USHS games he had some bite to his game, which was a little surprising since he's on the skinny side as he has that kind of Jake Evans frame at the same age. I thought it was a little odd that UMD wanted him as they have some big bodies forwards that play a heavy, aggressive game and he seems more like a sniper that will mix it up and go to the dirty areas.
Smith was listed at 6-0, 190, with SF at the start of the season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sean Farrel continues to make Chicago Steel history. After becoming the Steel player with the most points in a season, he now becomes the Steel player with the most assists in a season:

Chicago won 5-1. Farrell only had the one assist.

But he's now at 89 pts (28G, 61A) in 48 GP.

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
Has Norlinder ever been at the wing in pro-hockey?

I'm a fan of giving him a try. He'll be an inmense contributor on offense. And he'll be helping with defensive tasks as he already played at that position. He's going to be a complete player.

He was a centerman back in the days. That explains me why he's excelling offensively.

In soccer, left backs can be converted as wingers. In hockey, that's another story. Different sports...

In the old days, you could switch "puck moving" defenseman to center like Red Kelley or Doug Mohns but these days, you only do that in the minors, before the NHL career.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Sean Farrel continues to make Chicago Steel history. After becoming the Steel player with the most points in a season, he now becomes the Steel player with the most assists in a season:

Chicago won 5-1. Farrell only had the one assist.

But he's now at 89 pts (28G, 61A) in 48 GP.

Most assists in league history, not just team history. Cole Caufield future linemate, I think those two were made to play with each other.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Most assists in league history, not just team history. Cole Caufield future linemate, I think those two were made to play with each other.

You're right. I misread it. I thought it was Steel history. And even bigger feat considering all the talents that have gone through the USHL.

They have played together before. We all know of Caufield's tweet after Habs drafted Farrell.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Norlinder's team down 2-0 in the series (didn't see the game)

today - 1a, 1 shot, 1 hit, 2 pims, Even, 19:24

Since his injury in Dec this is only the 2nd time his TOI was over 19 mins.

so in the playins/playoffs - 5-2-2-4 Even, 6 pims

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Norlinder's team down 2-0 in the series (didn't see the game)

today - 1a, 1 shot, 1 hit, 2 pims, Even, 19:24

Since his injury in Dec this is only the 2nd time his TOI was over 19 mins.

so in the playins/playoffs - 5-2-2-4 Even, 6 pims

Without seeing the performances, it's encouraging to see him step his game up in terms of production during the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad