2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What kind of future outlook does Romanov and Ylonen have?

hard to say at this point, the Habs may have been better off putting Romanov in Laval to start out so he could be a top pairing D and get steady PP mins for the first time. So we'll see over the next few years how his game progresses or not.

Ylonen really impressed me in the AHL this year, the speed, skating, shot are legit, showed good offensive instincts. Needs to add mass and strength but he will surely get more NHL time. We need to see how much can he continue to progress or not but he's headed in the right direction.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

wow hatty. kid has a helluva shot. really intriguing guy i always kind of half forget we have.

could really be an impact player. all i want to hear is that he's stronger and faster. would be unreal if
he has an offseason like Caufield did last year.

and is it just me or does he look taller?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
wow hatty. kid has a helluva shot. really intriguing guy i always kind of half forget we have.

could really be an impact player. all i want to hear is that he's stronger and faster. would be unreal if
he has an offseason like Caufield did last year.

and is it just me or does he look taller?
He's about 6ft tall, he might have gotten a bit of a late spur.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
it's a summer camp for the WJC's.
Yes, albeit against a weaker Finnish team as the Finnish u20 team is playing other game today. This was against Finnish u19. There is u20 tournament at the end of the month with Czechs, Denmark, Slovakia and Germany. Each team will be at full strength, only missing guys who will be playing in Hlinka Gretzky Cup. Will be interesting to see Mysak there against the best of Slovakia, Germany and Denmark.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Yes, albeit against a weaker Finnish team as the Finnish u20 team is playing other game today. This was against Finnish u19. There is u20 tournament at the end of the month with Czechs, Denmark, Slovakia and Germany. Each team will be at full strength, only missing guys who will be playing in Hlinka Gretzky Cup. Will be interesting to see Mysak there against the best of Slovakia, Germany and Denmark.
It will be a czech U19 team, so no Mysak there.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
No pts today for Mysak against Finland's U-20 team, Finland won 3-1. Mysak was again listed as the 1st line LW. I was going to watch some of the game but work was very busy, hopefully I'll get to see at least one of the games vs the Swiss U-20 team and then it will be Tuch at Team USA's camp this weekend.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
No pts today for Mysak against Finland's U-20 team, Finland won 3-1. Mysak was again listed as the 1st line LW. I was going to watch some of the game but work was very busy, hopefully I'll get to see at least one of the games vs the Swiss U-20 team and then it will be Tuch at Team USA's camp this weekend.

I know he played some LW games in his career but he is a natural center no ? He is the kind of prospect that will slowly progress and might be our number 2 centerman in 4-5 years. I really like this pick, I got a feeling he will be one of the best steal in 2020 draft

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I know he played some LW games in his career but he is a natural center no ? He is the kind of prospect that will slowly progress and might be our number 2 centerman in 4-5 years. I really like this pick, I got a feeling he will be one of the best steal in 2020 draft

He plays both but I think he's a better winger

Reactions: Maitz

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

If he's going to stick at center I think he will need to add a good bit of strength and mass, so we'll see how each year goes for him.

Reactions: Maitz

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Pretty sure he played most of his AHL games at C.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
hard to say at this point, the Habs may have been better off putting Romanov in Laval to start out so he could be a top pairing D and get steady PP mins for the first time. So we'll see over the next few years how his game progresses or not.

Ylonen really impressed me in the AHL this year, the speed, skating, shot are legit, showed good offensive instincts. Needs to add mass and strength but he will surely get more NHL time. We need to see how much can he continue to progress or not but he's headed in the right direction.
But if we’d done that, we’d never have been able to bench him in the playoffs...

Reactions: Gyfu

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So depth on G: Primeau, Dobes, Dichow & Vrbetic

Depth on LD: Romanov, Harris, Norlinder, Struble, Guhle, Fairbrother & Trudeau

Depth on RD: Brook, Mailloux, Kostenko & Sobolev

There are also a few of the LD's who have played on the right side, as well.

Reactions: Sagikev
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->