2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Chicago is off to the Clark Cup Final as they beat Muskegon tonight to take the series 2-0.

Farrell with an assist on the GWG.

He's now at 4 pts (1G,3A) in 4 playoff games.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Chicago is off to the Clark Cup Final as they beat Muskegon tonight to take the series 2-0.

Farrell with an assist on the GWG.

He's now at 4 pts (1G,3A) in 4 playoff games.

Just hit me that I've been following what Farrell doing in USHL in aw and never realized McDavid is putting up same numbers in NHL.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just hit me that I've been following what Farrell doing in USHL in aw and never realized McDavid is putting up same numbers in NHL.

Chicago Steel Tweeted this when McDavid hit 100 pts in 53 games last week:

:laugh:

McDavid's on another level. A human cheat code.

Reactions: Wats

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Steel play Game 1 of the Clark Final tonight against Fargo Force. All series have been Best-of-3 so far. But the final is Best-of-5.

Reactions: Treb

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
yeah like what are people expecting from Farrell anyways. Are some thinking like actual first liner potential? My very amateur take is that he's Hudon with skating. Which ain't nothing. I'm thinking maybe 2nd liner absolute ceiling? Any think higher? I know it's obviously hard to say. Just wondering if there's anyone who's paid attention and thinks we have a 1st liner/star on our hands. Genuinely curious.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Chicago and Fargo played Games 1 and 2 this past weekend. Series is tied 1-1.

Game 1: Fargo won 3-0.
Game 2: Chicago won 4-1. Farrell had 1 assist.

He's now at 5 pts (1G, 4A) in 6 playoff games.

Game 3 is on Friday and Game 4 is on Saturday.

If they need to decide this in a 5th and final game, it will be on Tuesday the 25th.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Chicago and Fargo played Games 1 and 2 this past weekend. Series is tied 1-1.

Game 1: Fargo won 3-0.
Game 2: Chicago won 4-1. Farrell had 1 assist.

He's now at 5 pts (1G, 4A) in 6 playoff games.

Game 3 is on Friday and Game 4 is on Saturday.

If they need to decide this in a 5th and final game, it will be on Tuesday the 25th.

Coronato (7 goals), Fantilli (5 goals) and Middendorf (3 goals) really carried their offence these PO. No one else has more than 1 goal. Josh Doan and Farrell have really been struggling to score after having 31 and 29 goals respectively during the season.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Chicago won 7-1 last night and are leading their Clark Cup Final series against Fargo 2-1.

Farrell finishes the night with 3 pts (1G, 2A). This is his goal, which was a beauty:

He now has 8 pts (2G, 6A) in 7 playoff games this year.

They're playing again tonight. If Chicago wins, they win the Clark Cup.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
yeah like what are people expecting from Farrell anyways. Are some thinking like actual first liner potential? My very amateur take is that he's Hudon with skating. Which ain't nothing. I'm thinking maybe 2nd liner absolute ceiling? Any think higher? I know it's obviously hard to say. Just wondering if there's anyone who's paid attention and thinks we have a 1st liner/star on our hands. Genuinely curious.

I think at the very least you have a good AHL player, like Hudon. We will get a better idea once he plays in the NCAA. Will he be able to be the focal point of the offence with tougher and bigger competition?

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I think at the very least you have a good AHL player, like Hudon. We will get a better idea once he plays in the NCAA. Will he be able to be the focal point of the offence with tougher and bigger competition?

I'm expecting Johnny Gaudreau ;)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Chicago wins the Clark Cup. They win 3-1 tonight and the final series 3-1 against Fargo.

Farrell had an assist tonight.

So Farrell's year:

Regular Season: 101 pts (29G, 72A) in 53 GP
Playoffs: 10 pts (2G, 8A) in 8 GP

Reactions: Gravity

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
What kind of future outlook does Romanov and Ylonen have?

Both are hard to judge. I didn't watch a ton of regular season play. Romanov let me down a bit but only because I thought he'd hit the ground running. I think he could at least be a #4. His offensive creativity/IQ has always been the big question mark despite his WJC numbers. But he's just too smart, fast and strong to not be a really good D. And to add that he plays with a ton of fire. You can tell he's a winner. Wish we'd been able to fit him in more these playoffs but obviously it's worked out okay.

I wrote Ylonen off because of his really poor production in Liiga even though I knew he was on a team that was beyond awful. He just didn't seem to be progressing much from the little I could see.

But he came over to the AHL and had a really good rookie season. WAY better than I would've imagined. Great tools. His skating and shot are pretty fantastic. Good hands too. You just hope he can have an offseason where you can really say he's vastly improved. If that happens he's a top 6er all day. I wish I saw him in the AHL and I can have a better idea of his IQ which some say could be an issue. At least they did a few years ago. Maybe his play in Laval erased those doubts. He could potentially be a fantastic replacement/upgrade on Byron on the KK line. His skating's good enough to hang with Anderson as far as I can tell.

Reactions: Legionnaire11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad