B-Sens 2020-2021 Belleville Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Marlies up 6-0 against Stockton in the 2nd period. This is Stockton's first game of the season

Marlies won 7-1 Stockton actually outshot the Marlies 32-30

Last edited:

DDT

Aug 18, 2008
Expansion rules are different from waivers.

The only players that are exempt from the expansion draft are first and second year professionals. Batherson is a third year pro and requires protection as a result.

Our notable exemptions include Norris, Stützle, Brannstrom, Zub and Formenton.
Isn't Brannstrom a 3rd year pro?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Isn't Brannstrom a 3rd year pro?

He is, there's other rules that apply in different circumstances. Because he played in the AHL as a 19 year old, it doesn't qualify as a pro season for contract purposes. It's why he still has a year remaining on his ELC after this season.

DDT

Aug 18, 2008
He is, there's other rules that apply in different circumstances. Because he played in the AHL as a 19 year old, it doesn't qualify as a pro season for contract purposes. It's why he still has a year remaining on his ELC after this season.
Heh, I learn something new every day. Well, that's one less protection spot used up!

Reactions: aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
x - Brampton Beast / Belleville Senator we saw a bit of last year Nathan Todd.. 6th place in AHL scoring 4g 4a in 7 gp

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What has happened to Abramov? There was so much talk about him last yr, but it has really quieted down, as he has. Mann was on the radio talking about his three best forwards which are Formenton, L. Brown & Logan Shaw & about putting them on a line together. He also mentioned that he thought the most NHL ready prospects on his team were Formenton & L. Brown. He also mentioned that Lassie Thomson was a work in progress & could take another yr or so.

It will be interesting to see after the NCAA championships who exactly decides to turn pro & who ends up coming to Ottawa to play either with the Parent Sens or the Baby Sens. My guess is that Pinto & JBD will turn pro from UND & Crookshank & Novak as well. While the last two should likely play for Belleville, I assume that Pinto & maybe JBD could get a game or two with Ottawa. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What has happened to Abramov? There was so much talk about him last yr, but it has really quieted down, as he has. Mann was on the radio talking about his three best forwards which are Formenton, L. Brown & Logan Shaw & about putting them on a line together. He also mentioned that he thought the most NHL ready prospects on his team were Formenton & L. Brown. He also mentioned that Lassie Thomson was a work in progress & could take another yr or so.

It will be interesting to see after the NCAA championships who exactly decides to turn pro & who ends up coming to Ottawa to play either with the Parent Sens or the Baby Sens. My guess is that Pinto & JBD will turn pro from UND & Crookshank & Novak as well. While the last two should likely play for Belleville, I assume that Pinto & maybe JBD could get a game or two with Ottawa. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Maybe it has something to do with Belleville playing just 4 games in a full year? ;)

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Maybe it has something to do with Belleville playing just 4 games in a full year? ;)
Maybe, but he didn't get a mention by Mann during the radio interview on 1200, but you're right, it's still very early for them.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

JBD will get at least a game in Ottawa to burn a year which is pretty standard for a NCAA junior. Not sure they burn an ELC year on Pinto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad