mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
28 TEAMS TO PARTICIPATE IN 2020-21 AHL SEASON
League's 85th campaign set to begin Feb. 5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … American Hockey League President and Chief Executive Officer Scott Howson announced today that the 2020-21 season will include 28 teams when it gets underway on February 5.
The AHL will operate in five divisions this season. Further details, including schedule formats and playoffs, are still to be determined.
Four teams have been granted provisional relocations for the 2020-21 season: the Binghamton Devils will play in Newark, N.J.; the Ontario Reign will play in El Segundo, Calif.; the Providence Bruins will play in Marlborough, Mass.; and the San Diego Gulls will play in Irvine, Calif.
The Charlotte Checkers, Milwaukee Admirals and Springfield Thunderbirds have elected to opt out of play for the 2020-21 season. All three teams will return to play in 2021-22.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I wonder if most of our “close” prospects get some NHL games between J15-F1 in the NHL before Belleville starts.

At that point the strongest 1-2 stay In Ottawa with most going to Belleville for more games until injuries or the trade deadline.

Timüthy18

Jan 1, 2021
Does anyone know what the quarantine period would be for players jumping up and down from NHL to AHL, specifically within Canada ala the Sens?

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Does anyone know what the quarantine period would be for players jumping up and down from NHL to AHL, specifically within Canada ala the Sens?

Seems like 0 days of quarantine is most likely. There are no quarantine restrictions for regional travel within Canada at this time.

Reactions: Timüthy18

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Stutzle has to quarantine coming from Edmonton
This is a provincial gov - NHL thing that has not been worked out yet

Huh, I figured this was precautionary and decided on by the team rather than a mandate by the provinces. I'm ready to be wrong though.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
This team is gonna good but might take a slight step back. Guys like Norris, L.Brown, Batherson, Brannstrom all have a pretty good chance at making the Sens or at least making the taxi squad.

That’s a lot of freaking talent to lose from one season to the next... All those guys dominated in the AHL and drove the baby Sens to their best season in a while.

On top of that you have Balcers who has nothing left to prove in the AHL. He graduated 2 seasons ago but got injured the last one. My boy Rudolfs scored 23 goals in his rookie season and had a 0,5gpg pace in his last one and over PPG. Unless he completely bombs what’s left of training camp, I don’t think he will be in the AHL so you can add him to the list above of graduating players..

Reactions: Xspyrit

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
This team is gonna good but might take a slight step back. Guys like Norris, L.Brown, Batherson, Brannstrom all have a pretty good chance at making the Sens or at least making the taxi squad.

That’s a lot of freaking talent to lose from one season to the next... All those guys dominated in the AHL and drove the baby Sens to their best season in a while.

On top of that you have Balcers who has nothing left to prove in the AHL. He graduated 2 seasons ago but got injured the last one. My boy Rudolfs scored 23 goals in his rookie season and had a 0,5gpg pace in his last one and over PPG. Unless he completely bombs what’s left of training camp, I don’t think he will be in the AHL so you can add him to the list above of graduating players..

That or the sens would rather they get action and play them in the AHL and have older guys like peca, Shaw, Haley, Jaros, zub, chlapik in the taxi squad.

In that case, Binghamton could dominate with a bunch of ppg players-again, but even moreso.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
That or the sens would rather they get action and play them in the AHL and have older guys like peca, Shaw, Haley, Jaros, zub, chlapik in the taxi squad.

In that case, Binghamton could dominate with a bunch of ppg players-again, but even moreso.

Isn’t the point of the taxi squad that you can rotate players in and out with ease? It feels like that’s how PD and DJ described their usage of that squad.

The taxi squad isn’t like the regular carrying 13 forwards and that player barely plays if ever. There’s an opportunity to switch your lines and try different things and give some young guys important looks, especially with so many back-to-backs. That’s why I think both Norris and L.Brown won’t be in the AHL.

But we’ll see what happens!

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Isn’t the point of the taxi squad that you can rotate players in and out with ease? It feels like that’s how PD and DJ described their usage of that squad.

The taxi squad isn’t like the regular carrying 13 forwards and that player barely plays if ever. There’s an opportunity to switch your lines and try different things and give some young guys important looks, especially with so many back-to-backs. That’s why I think both Norris and L.Brown won’t be in the AHL.

But we’ll see what happens!

That taxi squad has the same rules as the AHL for calling up and down...so it's basically like being in the AHL but you don't play games but can practice with the team.

My guess is to basically eliminate guys going from the AHL to the NHL or vice versa.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
That taxi squad has the same rules as the AHL for calling up and down...so it's basically like being in the AHL but you don't play games but can practice with the team.

My guess is to basically eliminate guys going from the AHL to the NHL or vice versa.

Really? I don't remember reading that anywhere. Do you have a source? I'm sorry to doubt you, but it would defy the whole purpose of having a taxi squad if you still have to call people up, imo...

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
Really? I don't remember reading that anywhere. Do you have a source? I'm sorry to doubt you, but it would defy the whole purpose of having a taxi squad if you still have to call people up, imo...
Think it's been discussed before. You have to go through waivers, if not exempt, to be on the taxi squad. The upside is you don't have to worry about bringing someone new, covid, into the group because the taxi squad practices and travels with the Sens.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Think it's been discussed before. You have to go through waivers, if not exempt, to be on the taxi squad. The upside is you don't have to worry about bringing someone new, covid, into the group because the taxi squad practices and travels with the Sens.

Yeah that makes sense and was my understanding too, but it seems like the OP was saying we have to call up players from the taxi squad if we want them to play NHL games. Maybe I misunderstood.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Need Waivers to go to the Taxi squad imo disrupts some of the freedom of player movement

Reactions: Sensinitis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad